HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #11
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Colorful Racer's Secret Test session

Don't look at me.....I have some sort of job that I have to go to...what about Erks....he's all over the country.....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Arnold Jr. View Post
I'm sure others on the board understan the position I'm in, attempting to save Vacation days for National events and points meets
Boy, I hear that. The good part about not racing the better part of the last 18 months was that I've saved up a little over 4 weeks of vacation. The bad part is that in that last 18 months of saving vacation gas prices have gone up 100%, and now I probably can't afford to go to any of the big races.

And like most big companies, I can't carry over but 3 weeks at the end of the year. So, I'll definitely be taking some time off in the next 8 months whether I like it or not.

Stupid oil companies...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Ruth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Come on Rock ,,,,
Don't start those rumors ,,, people might really beleive that nonsense !!

So that my nose don't continue to grow ,,,, I better tell the truth ,,,,,,,
The motor I purchased from APD ( John Kyle ) is Bigger than 498 but smaller than a 598 ,,,, That is
the truth ,,,,, if the weather clears up for the wekend ,, I'll try to run it full track ( with the stop in 9:90 trim )

And I'll post the MPH ,,,, or per Ruthless a time slip

If I can't get some runs this weekend ,,, than I'll be attempting to join the test session on Thursday ,,, Hopefully ,,I'll still have a job on the following Friday ,,,, My company just doesn't understand the importance of Drag Racing and test sessions ,,,,,,, I'm sure others on the board understan the position I'm
in , attempting to save Vacation days for National events and points meets ,,,, but then again ,,, not calling in names,,, some of the folks are owners of their companys and have different rules ,, Right Rock ?

Colorful Racer
Vacation time?

Not a problem!

Fuel in the truck & trailer? ……..Now there’s a problem!

Man!

I filled up my truck the other day and about sxxx! I couldn’t believe my frickin eyes on how fast the meter was spinning …I though the pump was gonna catch fire just from the friction of that bi.ch spinning. I had my cell phone out just in case ….ready to catch some video when the meter broke the fricken sound barrier.

This just might just be a good year to have one only arm and have to be a spectator for a while or short some vacation time so one can recover between fill ups.

I sure hope I’m wrong ….and that we don’t chime back in on this thread a year from now talking about what a deal diesel was back in 08 at $4.39 a gallon because it’s only gone up to $6.++ a gallon in 09.

Man are we getting hosed or what?

I can’t fricken believe it!

My blood is boiling just thinking about them thieving bastards.

Sorry didn’t mean to jack the thread ….now to get back on track here …..

“Colorfull” those some stout numba’s my brother add 40mph+ out the back door makes 170mph plus makes for one
“ Bad Johnson” and it be stroking fo show.

So much fo my B.S.

[img]http://texasholdemblogger.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/bull****-o-meter.gif[/img]

Last edited by CBS; 05-01-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #14
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

“Colorfull” those some stout numba’s my brother add 40mph+ out the back door makes 170mph plus makes for one “ Bad Johnson” and it be stroking fo show.

Ruth ,, Per my consultant on this project ( Mr. CBS himself ) ,,,, 170 is abot where I should be !!!
Now ,,,, untill I get use to driving the stripe at that MPH ,,, we might raise the RPM on the stop , and kill
some of the MPH ,,,, I really can't tell untill I get some seat time and some back to back runs etc ,,,
You know the drill !!

Yea ,,, and I'm with everyone else on this board ,,, I bought a diesal truck 4 years ago , ( Got rid of my
Black 454 gas Dually ) and thougt I was doing the right thing and wouldn't have to worry about the cost of getting to a race ,,,,, was I mistaken ,,,,,, My orginal plans were to have more runs and some data and
go to Richmon this weekend ,,,, but with the weather , lack of data and cost of fuel etc.... I'm looking for
somewhere closer to home ,,,,, In short ( my post are getting like Jason's ) --- I feel you my brother on the cost of fuel !!

Colorful Racer
Old 05-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
Bob Verwold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Colorful,
Not everyone went to a diesal tk. I still have my 454 Dually that won't run on anything but high test and gets about 6 or 7 mpg dragging the trailer up and down the road. See it could be worse..............
Bob Verwold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #16
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bob ,,,
It was worst , my Black 454 truck ( Which I loved !! ) was paid for and matched my trailer ,,,, Remember brothers got to look good even if we are not ,,,,,

The worst part was , it only got 4.5 to 5 MPG ( I got 5 when I used syntheic oil ) ,,, and would only pull hills at 50 MPH ( My trailer is all steel and I probally carry to much stuff ) on Hi-Test with Octane booster !!

When I went diesel ,,, ( 4 years ago , it was cheaper than gas ) I got 10 to 12 miles to the gallon and that Duramax turbo takes them hills at 70/80 MPH without missing a beat , honestly ,, I have to put the thing on cruise to keep from getting a ticket ,,,,,,,,

Now at $4.50 a gallon for diesel ,,,,,,,
I'll still race ,, I just have to figure out who won't get paid during the racing months !!

Colorful
Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #17
Ruth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Bob ,,,
It was worst , my Black 454 truck ( Which I loved !! ) was paid for and matched my trailer ,,,, Remember brothers got to look good even if we are not ,,,,,

Colorful
LMAO You are toooo much

As I walk off into the distance whistling to myself :

"“Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin the scene with a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh”

Don’t get much beta than Curtis.

Be cool .............sneek up on you deal a piece at a time and youll be just fine.

Be safe

Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ruth ,,,

I logged on this rain filled , cloudy morning and you Made my day !!

OTFLMAO ""“Diamond in the back, sunroof top
Diggin the scene with a gangsta lean, wooh-ooh-ooh” ,,,,,,,

You sure you don't have some Soul Brother in you ,,,, I would have never remembered that one !!

Colorful Racer
Old 05-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Mr Ruth....has a lot of things in his past that you don't know about.........

Hopefully he will grace us with his presence next Thursday..........

CBS
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #20
Ruth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Ruth ,,,

You sure you don't have some Soul Brother in you ,

Colorful Racer
Watch me dance sometime Colorful............it will remove any doubt ..........aint no rhythm in this camp. LOL

Regards