Thanks
Ron P
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #2
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Fury - WWII Movie

GO! I saw it at I-max then took wife to see it in regular theater, we both loved it. may be a little much for younger viewers. lots of blood and guts. Two energetic thumbs up!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Default Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 944 View Post
GO! I saw it at I-max then took wife to see it in regular theater, we both loved it. may be a little much for younger viewers. lots of blood and guts. Two energetic thumbs up!
It's not very historically correct. Typical hollywood embellishment and many military equipment innaccuracies. But if you like blood,guts and big booms it will do.

Ed F,
Student of WWII armaments.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Got off work early last Friday went and saw it by myself (she wouldn't have enjoyed it anyway), and thought it was pretty good. A little more gore than previous movies, with the exception of the opening of Private Ryan and the last Rambo film, perhaps. Typical ensemble tale with veterans and a newbie,, this time in a tank, heading towards Berlin in the waning days of WW II. Worth a look, I'd say.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Good movie! Well worth the price of admission. Jim

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #6
RonP

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
Smile Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Thanks for the reviews. The wife and I are planning to see it this weekend.
My uncle Joe was a tanker in Italy during war. Uncle Joe said his tank was attacked by a Stuka, during a fishing trip with him an uncle Dan. Uncle Dan was a tanker in Korea, and Dad did basic at Fort Knox as a tanker too. Uncle Mike was a foot soldier in Italy during war too. My other uncle Joe served in the Jungle Airforce in the south pacific,...somewhere. My first boss was marine that fought at Guam, Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Looking forward to seeing it.
RonP

Last edited by RonP; 10-29-2014 at 10:40 AM.
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
Geerhead55
VIP Member

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Wink Re: Fury - WWII Movie

Ron,,, make sure you come on here and give us your "expert testimony" after seeing the show. I'd be curious what the ladies think of it too,, since I saw it solo. My wife said there are other movies she'd rather see, so I guess I'll have to give in one of these nights. Take care,, enjoy the movie.
Danny Durham
Geerhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 158 Times in 37 Posts

I saw it & thought it was barely OK - because there really was no plot to it other than what was previously described.......... the newbie, the predictably wacky (each in their own unique way) crew, the burned out Army Super-Lifer who flip flops between blind rage and Jesus like compassion and righteousness. In a way I feel like the movie is an insult to the veterans who were really there. I mean..... c'mon - was that part where they forced the new guy to murder the surrendering German soldier really necessary?
My dad & most of his close friends were WWII vets. Three of them were in the Army infantry in that very battle - the battle of the bulge. Two of the three were cut off from their units - one was captured, one got frostbite losing a couple of toes and the tip of his nose, his cheeks bearing the additional scars- his whole life. These guys rarely talked about their experiences and the rare instances when they did, they never glorified it. As a matter of fact one of them, Vinny DeLuca told me that the experience was so horrifying that he felt that anyone who glorified war was "an asshole".
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts

If you want to read the best books regarding WWII, read the Jeff Shaara books.
The books are based on historical facts and actual stories from WWII.
Great writing and they put on location with the events.

http://www.amazon.com/No-Less-Than-V...qid=1414851925
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,452 Times in 540 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo DiTocco View Post
I saw it & thought it was barely OK - because there really was no plot to it other than what was previously described.......... the newbie, the predictably wacky (each in their own unique way) crew, the burned out Army Super-Lifer who flip flops between blind rage and Jesus like compassion and righteousness. In a way I feel like the movie is an insult to the veterans who were really there. I mean..... c'mon - was that part where they forced the new guy to murder the surrendering German soldier really necessary?
My dad & most of his close friends were WWII vets. Three of them were in the Army infantry in that very battle - the battle of the bulge. Two of the three were cut off from their units - one was captured, one got frostbite losing a couple of toes and the tip of his nose, his cheeks bearing the additional scars- his whole life. These guys rarely talked about their experiences and the rare instances when they did, they never glorified it. As a matter of fact one of them, Vinny DeLuca told me that the experience was so horrifying that he felt that anyone who glorified war was "an asshole".
Angelo is correct.
My of my closest friends is Pete Kost, was a member of the US Army Special Operations OSS group. Today's equivalent to the Green Berets.
He does not talk much about it, however, he has shared tidbits of what he did in the European Theater and also the atrocities the Russians committed during WWI. He has never glorified it either.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote