HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2024, 10:51 PM   #31
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts
Default Re: New Grade Point System

Not all but a lot of good ideas in these pages. It's too bad their doesn't seem to be anyone in power that really cares about any of them. Just ask our SRAC. Stock was not long ago the fastest growing Sportsman category. Do they even have a Sportsman category that is growing. Loud noise, flames and fans. If you're not part of that show who needs you. If you haven't already stuck the needle in your arm as a new person why would you get involved in a Sportsman Categories. Give up your summers, spend a lot of money, have no ROI, and get pissed on with no representation. Hmmm sounds like something I'd want to get anyone else involved in.

I hope Bradenton is a Home Run. Think about the largest payouts ever for most categories. Not even close to what they race for now. Yet if they are successful, they should take most if not all the purse money in through the gate and live feed. Thats without all the sponsorship money involved. The Pros may be working themself into one of the largest purse raises in NHRA history. And well deserved. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:51 PM   #32
Dan Bennett

Liked 356 Times in 79 Posts

Which makes me remember something but not all the details.

Remember the PRO race at Tulsa? That was the first time I remember a serious effort to show the NHRA their racers were not happy. And I remember talking to a number of legendary racers when that guy got all the fame about never missing Indy. For most of them, it was that Tulsa race that was a one time break from their string which in many cases was longer than his.

Anyhow, for the old timers or historians here, did the NHRA make any changes in the next year or so?
Dan Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:43 PM   #33
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Dan I believe the Pro purses were increased. That may have been at the same time the Pro's started their organization. BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked