HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Mr.Hemidart

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

hello hemi dart`s fans, my 68`LO23 Dart is for sale in: Carsonline.com regards vali
Mr.Hemidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
StrokerDave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you are looking for information from ' 68 on, I would talk to Mopar "Guru" Galen Govier. I believe he even has the records from Hurst. try www.gvgovier.com

StrokerDave
StrokerDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
2x4426

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi i just discovered this site to darryl i have some info on joe jills speedwin dart . joe sold it to ralph vendriesco in athens new york ralph had the car for years .when he first got it it was the same as joe had it the color was white with blue lace on the side and about a foot wide stripe on the hood roof and trunk. he sent it someplace and had it tubbed still ran s/s springs then when we built my road runner he had ron mancini freshen the hemi we raced at lebanon valley in the late 70,s the surface was worn out (as some of you older racers know) the car did a best of 10.03 @145 as years went in ralph sold it to ron caldwell from there i dont know i do have pisc and a hot rod advertisement page of the car (speedwin automotive engineering ) the car was a automatic also the drivers door glass got broke and a thicker one was put in . hope this info helps i can dig into my old pics if anyone wishes craig
2x4426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x4426 View Post
hi i just discovered this site to darryl i have some info on joe jills speedwin dart . joe sold it to ralph vendriesco in athens new york ralph had the car for years .when he first got it it was the same as joe had it the color was white with blue lace on the side and about a foot wide stripe on the hood roof and trunk. he sent it someplace and had it tubbed still ran s/s springs then when we built my road runner he had ron mancini freshen the hemi we raced at lebanon valley in the late 70,s the surface was worn out (as some of you older racers know) the car did a best of 10.03 @145 as years went in ralph sold it to ron caldwell from there i dont know i do have pisc and a hot rod advertisement page of the car (speedwin automotive engineering ) the car was a automatic also the drivers door glass got broke and a thicker one was put in . hope this info helps i can dig into my old pics if anyone wishes craig
Welcome Craig and thanks for the info. Yes, please post whatever pix you have--we'd love to see them.

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 AM   #5
mopar68
VIP Member

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Here's a rare shot for you, Paul.

M68
mopar68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Charlie A
VIP Member

Liked 87 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Hi my name is Daryl;I am new to this forum,& I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me out with some history of my 1968 original Hemi Dart. I lose it's past from the early 80's back to 1968.I am enclosing some pictures of it when it was purchased from Lou Vignona back in 1985??.There is one picture that shows a decal from the 1977 Bracket Nationals.Maybe someone will regognize it.
This is what I know of the car so far.Lou Vignona said he purchased it from some guy in Mt.Kisco(Cisco??) N.Y in the early 80's.It was in an underground parking lot of some apartment complex.The guy told Lou that it was Charlie Castaldo's Auto. car. I have since found out that it is not Castaldo's car thru talking to one of Charlie's crew members at the time by the name of Charlie Licata.When Lou purhased the car,he had it painted white.This is how Tim Henessey purchased it in 1985.
I have heard some storys about an original Hemi Dart in the N.Y. area that was known as the "two scoop Lido" car.I understand that this Lido guy installed some aftermarket scoop on top of the original scoop.Thus the name.I have spoke with Tim Henessey about this & he did say the original scoop was really messed up so he had to replace it when he restored the car.
If anyone can help me out on this,I sure would appreciate it as I have been searching for info. now for over 3 years,maybe 4.Any little detail may help no matter how small it may be.
Thankyou; Daryl

So 1200+ posts later, are you any closer to the heritage of your Dart?
Charlie A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
Paul Ceasrine
VIP Member

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Barrett-Jackson,,,,,,

should be ashamed of themselves,,,,,,,,
claiming that the recent 68 Hemi car was the only exported 68' Race Hemi.

Brings back memories of Craig Jackson stating that Ray Allen's
70' LS-6 SS454 Chevelle convertible was undefeated in SS/EA.

No reason to lie,,,,,,or fabricate a story..
Paul Ceasrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
Hemi Moose
VIP Member

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

What the Demented Dart L023 Hemi Dart looks like today.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...&aid=443&pop=0
Hemi Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #9
marfen

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Check out the width of those rear hides, that car was tubbed enough to stuff 16" wide tires under there, pretty sure when I saw the car years ago there was rear frame relocation.
marfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:25 AM   #10
marfen

Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

Some great pics of 68 BO & LOs back in '68 can be found at bobsnyderdragphotos check out the Superstock nationals NYNS 1968 gallery esp the last couple pages. Landy, Arlen w. a very early paint job, Shahan, S & M, Hemi Hunter, incredible pics , great engine shots, etc.
marfen is offline   Reply With Quote