Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 12-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
Mickey Whaley
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Re: Super Gas speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by C and W Racing View Post
I though you had slowed down a little from the year before. I guess the reason no one mentioned you is because the question was about the div champs Lol
Chuck
I thought they got up with you?
Mickey Whaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Super Gas speeds

Mickey has always been fast.....lol
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #13
Chris Williams

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Let's see.....division champs.....
D6. Dalrymple....not sure ..need help
The Dalrymple's have all they need. In SG they're mid/upper 160's and in SC upper 170's. They come with 4-5 cars in a semi, dedicated driver/crew, have all the car/speed they need to be very competitive in any class they run. Always tough.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #14
Joe Bauman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, I know you are talking about s/g but what about s/c. The div 3 champ in s/c for the last two years in a row is probably one of the slowest dragsters at the track.... We all know mph has an advantage, but I think Steve has proven that you can compete on a divisional level without mega bucks to work with.... I don't see what the big deal is?

Just another slow s/g car.
Joe Bauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #15
Nitro Joe Jackson
VIP Member

Location: Loudonville, Ohio or where ever the Nitro Lounge is parked
Liked 66 Times in 18 Posts

Rock you already know our feelings about big mph.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Tom Goldman
VIP Member

Liked 696 Times in 201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bauman View Post
Ok, I know you are talking about s/g but what about s/c. The div 3 champ in s/c for the last two years in a row is probably one of the slowest dragsters at the track.... We all know mph has an advantage, but I think Steve has proven that you can compete on a divisional level without mega bucks to work with.... I don't see what the big deal is?

Just another slow s/g car.
From my past experiances in D3 ,after the rain comes [and it will] only the slower cars can usually make it down the track !
I try to balance the speed with being able to make it down a less than perfect track,which we have quite a few, in all the divisions.
I'm at 163 -164 and could run 168 with a setup I hate ,but I'm happy at mid to lo 160's.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I have not sped our car up since 2007....but its just whatever you like and can afford....I can't afford to speed it up...lol

Certainly Steve Mikus snuck up on a few people early on with his dragster.....but I don't think anybody wants to race him anymore.....He has one of the slowest dragsters in the country....and is generally (almost always) 10 or better....on the tree....

So try that one on with your 185 mph dragster.....He is really tough....and this is now not years back....2 time back to back Div 3 champ and top 10 finisher overall

Anyway....I think if the Biondo's or Tatums had 150 mph cars....they would still win......

Joe Bauman's not a good draw either....

And I think our tracks in Div 3 are pretty good.....I was at Atco last year....and they couldn't fix it?? I think you and I were in the stands together watching the super street cars crash....and crash....and crash....

We struggled in Columbus...but other than that we were ok...we are ready for you to come back Tom......lol
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
roseracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
D5. Moore.....not sure....somebody help
Kevin Moore is 165+mph.

I would rather drive a high MPH S/ST car than my slow MPH car, but I can't afford it. Heck, Steve D. will be running 155+ this year in S/ST. He'll have almost 30mph on me and I'm sure he'll be holding at least a tenth.

My dads Super Gas car is 153 and easy to dial. Again, he'd like to go faster but he's had some success at that speed and has tons of data so why spend more to have to start over.

My brothers Super Comp car is only 172. We've chosen that speed as our starting point and will go from there.

I think most people would like to go faster but either don't have the money or have tons of data and don't want to start over.

Just my .02 cents.

Brad
roseracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #19
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

This started out about super gas speeds, and it looks like all the super gas division champs are mid 160's and up. So what about the super street divisional champs and the super comp divisional champs. Are all or most of the champs running the top speeds in their class? I have not seen the Division 3 super comp champ, but the way it sounds he is not one of the top speed cars. Are most of the champs in the super class categories running the top speeds in the class? Looks like to me the top speed is the way to go.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #20
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Super Gas speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
This started out about super gas speeds, and it looks like all the super gas division champs are mid 160's and up. So what about the super street divisional champs and the super comp divisional champs. Are all or most of the champs running the top speeds in their class? I have not seen the Division 3 super comp champ, but the way it sounds he is not one of the top speed cars. Are most of the champs in the super class categories running the top speeds in the class? Looks like to me the top speed is the way to go.
I won D1 in S/St at around 150+ in 2007, but the two prior years Marty Ganjoin won back to back with a low mph car, Marty is a driver and dialer, tough combo.