HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #21
RandoH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ellison - Cincinnati, OH

Hey all , Im back and looking for pics involving anything Ellison Engine Service in Cincinnati for our Facebook page. Ill be posting up anything I can find

Please feel free to give it a look. If you have any they can be sent to me via email ( RandoH23@Gmail.com) or Facebook

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
Randy
RandoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #22
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 841 Times in 156 Posts

Is Jerry Greenham the Ford Stock eliminator driver still with us?He had a stick shift Buick GS Stocker for a while.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #23
RandoH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes he is, talked to him a little on Facebook and got some pictures. Good man. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #24
mark weymouth

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is the Hard Times Ram Air I 4spd. Firebird being unveiled at MCACN in November 2017. A great combination of Truman Fields and Ellison Engine Service. Truman and his brother (Dennis) both came for the weekend. They used Dennis' RA I as the tow vehicle. Truman is wearing orange, Dennis next to him in grey flag shirt and myself in black next to Truman. Ross and Billy are peeling back the cover.

The car was restored to '73 Indy winning livery, first of its Indy Stock wins. It won class every year at Indy from '70 through '79 plus a few other times later.

Truman helped us obtain the original magnesium rear spyder wheels and fly fronts. Even the 10" spyder wheels with actual tires from Indy that season. Thanks to Todd Hoven for giving those up, and even better coming to MI to deliver those and many other important Hard Times historical items, including NHRA trophies, silver platters, Truman's custom helmet...

Truman donated his racing jacket to go with the helmet even (a surprise). The fantastic stories, the time Dennis and he gave to my wife and I and the visitors was very much priceless.

Thanks to Truman, Ross and Todd helping this become a finished product. No way it would have happened without all three of you.

Mark

CACN unveil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hard Times '17 MCACN.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	45025  
mark weymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #25
John S.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My humble contribution, Mr. Ellison could make anything fast. Thought I had another sticker for the rear window on my recently revived GTO. He did the short block in 05 and I have about 1k on it now. Yeah, it took a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1683.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	45030  
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #26
John S.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Tom was funny, Mike was too. A friend and I stopped down the shop to ask what was done to a 455 in a Firebird my buddy bought. We described the guy, ear lobe holes, some kind of pins in his eyebrows, tattoos. He goes you bought Hoseclamps car ? LOL, what a nick name, we were rolling.

Last edited by John S.; 05-08-2018 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 05-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #27
RandoH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mark - Thats AWESOME! What history with Truman and Hard Times. Thank you for sharing the photos you have. I have been collecting and posting many pictures to the Ellison Engine Service Facebook page.

John- Thats hilarious , they were both really funny and great guys. I worked there a few years so I was lucky enough to get to know them

Tom was a GREAT man as was Mike. Genuine great guys

Randy

Last edited by RandoH; 05-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.