Liked 216 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: Don and Pat Garlits need your prayers

My best wishes to the Garlits family.
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
FlyingW

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My Dad and Don were teammates on the Smothers Brothers team and Don and Dad have been friends ever since. I always remember Pat keeping the Garlits' home running and always had a smile. When I spoke to dad about her condition he told me a story about going to see Don one time and Pat had the girls practicing piano and for some reason that just stuck in his head. So from the Waibel Faimly, at this time we pray for comfort and understanding for Don and the girls. We ask for God's hand to comfort Pat easing the confusion and any pain allowing her and her family to feel the presence of the Lord as well as strength from the entire NHRA family.

The Waibel Faimly
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #13
FrankChastain

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Please tell the old man I say hello.......Prayers goes out to Dons wife and the Garlits family.... Frank Chastain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW View Post
My Dad and Don were teammates on the Smothers Brothers team and Don and Dad have been friends ever since. I always remember Pat keeping the Garlits' home running and always had a smile. When I spoke to dad about her condition he told me a story about going to see Don one time and Pat had the girls practicing piano and for some reason that just stuck in his head. So from the Waibel Faimly, at this time we pray for comfort and understanding for Don and the girls. We ask for God's hand to comfort Pat easing the confusion and any pain allowing her and her family to feel the presence of the Lord as well as strength from the entire NHRA family.

The Waibel Faimly
FrankChastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
rickseeman

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I guess at times like this people start telling stories. As you already know Miss Pat is a sweetheart. I went to work for Bigs in the Fall of 1977. I lived at their house in a small travel trailer they had set up. The uniforms had already been ordered for the next year and I was upset that I didn't get one of the jackets that said DON GARLITS' WYNNS CHARGER on the back. Miss Pat knew I wanted one. So she told Bigs that hers didn't fit her well and to give me hers. (It probably fit her fine.)

I have lived a blessed life but always wanting more. I have a lot of stuff. Way too much stuff. Beautiful drag cars, trailers, truck, houses, airplane. But really if my house burns down tomorrow all my stuff can be replaced. The only thing that I have that is priceless to me is that jacket. And that is all thanks to Miss Pat. Get well soon.
rickseeman is offline   Reply With Quote