HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
Bryan Worner

Liked 410 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: Open Field or Not?

So now us true D1 racers have to travel thousands of miles (round trips) to try to win a points race or two, worth about $2500.00 each? Not worth it! Why no reschedule at MIR? No planning on IHRA's part for a possible rain date? Why was this race, which has always been run in April, scheduled in August this year? Especially with no effort into planning a rain date? Come on!

Maybe the rumor that MIR is going NHRA next season is true after all!!!
Bryan Worner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Rich - In the past, Chip has been to Epping, Pittsburgh, Martin, Palm Beach, Immokalee, etc. The travel argument doesn't work well against him.

Chip - You posted in the .90 section on a roll call thread
Quote:
I hav'nt decided yet. I got a broke rearend. I got a broke wallet and diesel is pushing $4 bucks again.
If you hadn't gotten the gear fixed in time and hadn't gone, and saw it rain out... would you relinquish your points lead with a shrug, take a '0' for the season and say, "Sometime's life's not fair."?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
Chris1529
VIP Member

Liked 57 Times in 27 Posts

I think this is a little different situation since it was the last two division one races of the year. For those racers that chose not to come to get their in division races in, or chose not to come for some other reason, knowing full well this was the last two division one races of the year, why would you think the field should be open if the race is run somewhere else? If you needed the points or claims, and you chose not to come to MIR, then you were giving up on the points. Just because the race was rained out and racers are given an opportunity to earn points elsewhere, that by no means gives anyone else the right to enter now.

For those that couldn't come to MIR, you would have missed out on the claims/points anyway if the race was run. I don't think there is an arguement for an open field there either.

If this hadn't been the last race of the season in the division, and there were still claims left on the table for everyone, I think IHRA would open up the field.

I also think its not too fair to the people from up north, but if no other tracks would schedule another divisional, then what choice did IHRA have? There wasn't enough cars at MIR to cover the purse, so why would another track take a divisional right now.

I'm not going to Darlington or London. I had already made other plans this weekend, and I took my first and last trip to London last spring.
Chris1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Beard View Post
Rich - In the past, Chip has been to Epping, Pittsburgh, Martin, Palm Beach, Immokalee, etc. The travel argument doesn't work well against him.

Chip - You posted in the .90 section on a roll call thread

If you hadn't gotten the gear fixed in time and hadn't gone, and saw it rain out... would you relinquish your points lead with a shrug, take a '0' for the season and say, "Sometime's life's not fair."?
Exactly my point in starting this thread. If the shoe was on the other foot...

So now I will be at an event with other D1 racers and they can claim it but I cannot. The race at MIR didn't even happen...
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #25
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Worner View Post
So now us true D1 racers have to travel thousands of miles (round trips) to try to win a points race or two, worth about $2500.00 each? Not worth it! Why no reschedule at MIR? No planning on IHRA's part for a possible rain date? Why was this race, which has always been run in April, scheduled in August this year? Especially with no effort into planning a rain date? Come on!

Maybe the rumor that MIR is going NHRA next season is true after all!!!
Bryan, MIR announced before we left the track that they had no open slot on their schedule to host the venue they have plus another shot at a pro am..so a make up race at MIR was out before we left the track
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
I think this is a little different situation since it was the last two division one races of the year. For those racers that chose not to come to get their in division races in, or chose not to come for some other reason, knowing full well this was the last two division one races of the year, why would you think the field should be open if the race is run somewhere else? If you needed the points or claims, and you chose not to come to MIR, then you were giving up on the points. Just because the race was rained out and racers are given an opportunity to earn points elsewhere, that by no means gives anyone else the right to enter now.

For those that couldn't come to MIR, you would have missed out on the claims/points anyway if the race was run. I don't think there is an arguement for an open field there either.

If this hadn't been the last race of the season in the division, and there were still claims left on the table for everyone, I think IHRA would open up the field.

I also think its not too fair to the people from up north, but if no other tracks would schedule another divisional, then what choice did IHRA have? There wasn't enough cars at MIR to cover the purse, so why would another track take a divisional right now.

I'm not going to Darlington or London. I had already made other plans this weekend, and I took my first and last trip to London last spring.
Why is it your first and last trip to London?
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

I also heard the rumor about MIR. would suit me just fine.

i had typed about 100+words on this subject but thought i better not (i have gotten e-mail warnings from big brother) and i just renewed my membership about a month ago so:

Without getting myself into too much trouble, i will say this

EVEN RATS KNOW WHEN TO GET OFF A SINKING SHIP!
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1529 View Post
For those racers that chose not to come to get their in division races in, or chose not to come for some other reason, knowing full well this was the last two division one races of the year, why would you think the field should be open if the race is run somewhere else? If you needed the points or claims, and you chose not to come to MIR, then you were giving up on the points. Just because the race was rained out and racers are given an opportunity to earn points elsewhere, that by no means gives anyone else the right to enter now.
Then why should we have to race against them in a race they can claim as MIR when some of us cannot then?
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #29
butch8908

Liked 541 Times in 112 Posts

I was hoping for a pretty decent sized field based on Darlington having 3 races for the week-end, but by the tone of some on this thread, it might be a small crowd afterall. Certainly hope more will come than not. I'm not a racer, just a fan, so $$ make a little difference in travelling, but not near as much as you racers. Hope to see a good turnout this week-end. I can understand some of the frustrations, but if I were in the competition for a Divisional spot, I would hope the powers that be would make it worth my while to travel.

Butch
butch8908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #30
j gardiner

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

As poor as the turnout was he wouldn't have cancelled a test n tune to reschedule this race. I understand everybody's frustration, cancelling this race doesn't work for anybody. I have to work sat. been planned for months. Don't know what I am going to do yet. I hadn't heard the rumor about mir going to nhra, that would be very surprising.
j gardiner is offline   Reply With Quote