HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb Re: Open Field or Not?

The only thing i see wrong is that maybe some of the racers already have plans other than racing on labor day weekend .for example Danny jr has made plans with his wife and child to go see his wife's dad and family in Alabama for the weekend..not that it is a life or death thing , but he did have a mathematical chance to at least get in the top 3 for a trip to Memphis ,but not now.....and he did go to MIR and stayed all weekend....Guess he will go to Columbus in 2 weeks.......need to go back to the old points system in my opinion.....
Old 08-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
fredjohnston

Liked 55 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: Open Field or Not?

What does IHRA pay if you win the division in your class? Forget about the Memphis race, if you win the Division, how much $, etc. do you get?
fredjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,641 Times in 520 Posts

$1500. +gold card, win
$500. r-up
$0. 3rd down
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Gold Card is worth a Good Bit here It saved me close to 5 grand this year between the IHRA races and the bracket races I attend.
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
Tabitha Draughon

Liked 672 Times in 220 Posts

Now I get atop of my soap box!!! I agree with what most are saying that if the race had been run to completion, Lee would still be in the position that he is currently in. The fact of the matter is that the race wasn't ran & to my understanding, not all classes even made a pass. I don't understand IHRA's thinking by making this race a closed field based off the above. We were at Mooresville, had made 2 qualifying runs with a ladder generated, jr. dragsters were in the water box for first round somewhere around 10:30 p.m. when the plug was pulled on this event. If any race should have had a closed field, you would have thought that it would have been Mooresville. The Mooresville race was moved to another D9 track/event & most racers were happy with this decision. However, there were no reward to the racers that stayed at Mooresville all day & night. Not to mention, that some racers were at Mooresville, didn't go back to the rescheduled event at Farmington, but called IHRA & since they don't have the transfer rule this year, instead of just getting the 10 points for the Mooresville event; their $$$ is good at the Mooresville event next year. I think IHRA made a great move on opening the event up at the Farmington/Mooresville race because more racers came in. However, by opening the field; the ladder was done away with & random pairing was put into place. By handling the race in this situation, my husband won the event & points were not given based off of field size but instead they were awarding based of # of rounds of race since a car did not show back up for 3rd round of the race. Not only did it take a round out of the race, it also took out 3 bye runs. This can ultimately have an effect on if Robbie gets in the Top 3 & also the potential of winning the championship. By having dragstrip employment experience, I know that it it impossible to make a decision that will be effect all racers equally but I do feel that IHRA has made a quick decision on this call & it is not fair to all racers involved. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes here but IHRA needs to re-evaluate this decision & look at similar but somewhat different situations & how they handled those.
Tabitha Draughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

As you can see from the 2 pages of posts, all NC racers have no problem with this decision or can live with it. I am probably the only (idiot) from NJ chasing points as a TRUE div 1 racer with IHRA, they should have ran it @ a TRUE div 1 track like skyview, which most of the NC racers claiming Div1 did not attend during the season. Unfortunately it is a flawed system. After blowing a gasket reading all of these selfish comments, I do understand IHRA's situation, if the car counts were up and tracks made profits from Pro-ams in DIV1 you better believe MIR would have rescheduled. The Millers are great people, but this is there livelihood and no track wants a race that looses $$.

No disrespect to other Div1 racers, but I am in 4th in superstock with a good chance of making the TOC for the first time in SS, but my business will not allow me to go to Darlington (12hrs) or London (10hrs)...my problem.

Richard
SS/DM 161
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #17
Brandon Peterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
As you can see from the 2 pages of posts, all NC racers have no problem with this decision or can live with it. I am probably the only (idiot) from NJ chasing points as a TRUE div 1 racer with IHRA, they should have ran it @ a TRUE div 1 track like skyview, which most of the NC racers claiming Div1 did not attend during the season. Unfortunately it is a flawed system. After blowing a gasket reading all of these selfish comments, I do understand IHRA's situation, if the car counts were up and tracks made profits from Pro-ams in DIV1 you better believe MIR would have rescheduled. The Millers are great people, but this is there livelihood and no track wants a race that looses $$.

No disrespect to other Div1 racers, but I am in 4th in superstock with a good chance of making the TOC for the first time in SS, but my business will not allow me to go to Darlington (12hrs) or London (10hrs)...my problem.

Richard
SS/DM 161
they tried but no tracks would take this race all are book through the end of year from what i heard...yes i will admit i am happy about being able to claim darlington but if it came down to traveling to kentucky or anywhere else i would have done just that,as i feel i had a equal chance of bettering myself as you did..it cant be any worse than going to martin mich. 2 years in a row it took us 9 hours to get to MIR with all the troubles we had and 6 to get home, you can't pawn it off on all NC races being happy we traveled the road this year and years past chasing points, this situation just came out good and bad some people
Brandon Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rich,
I call BS on your thinking you are more of a division 1 racer than me because you are a Yankee. I only live 200 miles from Richmond and 300 from MIR How far are you????????

To answer your question about being fair. It's not fair to some but life ain't either. I'm leading the points in Hot Rod and would go to BUMF**#$%&ked Egypt to finish out what I started.
No Disrespect intended.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
Sam Capizzi Jr

Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

From Rochester NY (where 5 cars that have a chance for the top 3) is 665 miles to London ky and 775 miles to Darlington Sc.

Last edited by Sam Capizzi Jr; 08-28-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Incorrect information
Sam Capizzi Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE LEGEND View Post
Rich,
I call BS on your thinking you are more of a division 1 racer than me because you are a Yankee. I only live 200 miles from Richmond and 300 from MIR How far are you????????

To answer your question about being fair. It's not fair to some but life ain't either. I'm leading the points in Hot Rod and would go to BUMF**#$%&ked Egypt to finish out what I started.
No Disrespect intended.
Chip
Be nice Chip, Dont start cursing @ someone from Brooklyn, NY... That being said, I am 250 from MIR, 300 from Richmond, did you goto skyview..no, did you goto Pitts...no, I do not recall ever seeing you @ Epping, WHY? .So yes, I am more of a DIV1 racer than you. It should be held @ a DIV1 track, wherever that may be.
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote