HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 01-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #21
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: Gatornationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I raced beginning in 1963 at Aquasco with an old Ford... Raced a 1965 Plymouth 426 Street wedge after the Ford until I was drafted to be cannon fodder in Viet Nam. Came back and raced a 69 Vette in what was F/S back then. Went to super stock when the rule change hit in 1972. Raced again in 1977-78 in a SS/IA Camaro with my own home built engine. No ported heads back then or elect water pump drive nor those "fugly" Kirky seats. Had a free P/G and converter from ATI when Jim was alive. Its the ONLY thing I ever received free.Ken Keir tubbed it and built the 4 link before he opened his chassis shop.. . Was class runner up in 1978 at the Bowling Green Sports Nationals ($40 entry fee !) against one of Bobby Warrens customers named Phil Hardee. Worked for NHRA under Greg X until I got tired of working for the Gestopo. Worked 22 plus years for IHRA at ALL of their National events. Developed and got the Top Stock program going in IHRA with Mike Keener. I guess you were still pooping in your diaper during most of that time. With all the rule changes making things more expensive I quit racing as I had a family to support at that time. . I guess IF someone gave me a free Hemi car and upkeep I would do it again......Naaaaaaaaaa !

Thank you for your service. Ignore the crickets.
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:38 PM   #22
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Casey, I have a 6 grade point and may not get in. It absolutely sucks that they keep lowering the car count and let other classes in. No other way to get in then to got to races. Sorry to hijack the thread

X-Tech
Well, sounds like you were a very seasoned racer. Also worked the IHRA tech for a while. Thank you for your service in Vietnam BTW. The car show thing to me is definitely for the older crowd.

I built 2 cars on my own. won division races, a National event and multiple class wins on my own. Many racers have accomplished more then I have, but I'm proud of what I have accomplished and hold my head high.

You have done nothing with racing in almost 20 years. You are on here all the time telling everybody how the NHRA sucks and tech is a joke. The cars have too many parts in them they shouldn't have. If this is such a bad sport and on the downward spiral why do you hang out on this site and follow it?

You are sort of irrelevant at this point with what you have to offer for the current racing climate other than your sky is falling bit and everything sucks. Don't you have better things to do?

BTW- stick your free car and hemi comments up your azz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I raced beginning in 1963 at Aquasco with an old Ford... Raced a 1965 Plymouth 426 Street wedge after the Ford until I was drafted to be cannon fodder in Viet Nam. Came back and raced a 69 Vette in what was F/S back then. Went to super stock when the rule change hit in 1972. Raced again in 1977-78 in a SS/IA Camaro with my own home built engine. No ported heads back then or elect water pump drive nor those "fugly" Kirky seats. Had a free P/G and converter from ATI when Jim was alive. Its the ONLY thing I ever received free.Ken Keir tubbed it and built the 4 link before he opened his chassis shop.. . Was class runner up in 1978 at the Bowling Green Sports Nationals ($40 entry fee !) against one of Bobby Warrens customers named Phil Hardee. Worked for NHRA under Greg X until I got tired of working for the Gestopo. Worked 22 plus years for IHRA at ALL of their National events. Developed and got the Top Stock program going in IHRA with Mike Keener. I guess you were still pooping in your diaper during most of that time. With all the rule changes making things more expensive I quit racing as I had a family to support at that time. . I guess IF someone gave me a free Hemi car and upkeep I would do it again......Naaaaaaaaaa !
Old 01-09-2019, 06:43 PM   #23
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyphish View Post
Thank you for your service. Ignore the crickets.
I respect his service.

The crickets like in your cheering section after your first round victory in class at Indy? Oh sorry, different race.They towed you off the track that race after you ran over your engine program.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #24
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Todd ......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍
Liked
Old 01-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #25
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
I respect his service.

The crickets like in your cheering section after your first round victory in class at Indy? Oh sorry, different race.They towed you off the track that race after you ran over your engine program.

Mooch an AH car (like the Dutch) drag it to Belle Rose March 1st, bring $20Gs (I love Turk) and lets line 'em up. AND you get a grade point. Americas GREAT AGAIN!!! Stephen Hebert 337-499-44 three five stephenontheriver@yahoo.com

PS Go Saints Choppa style

Last edited by Spyphish; 01-09-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #26
Daniel Young

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I get Casey’s frustration, but we can’t blame anyone but ourselves like some have said this is one of the bigs so you gotta accept it and you gotta pay to play. BUT What is kinda crappy is they know the car counts will be higher for said race and instead they cut the quota down 10 cars! I remember seeing when the quota used to be 90 and I get Gainesvilles gonna be full but cutting the quota screwed a lot of people and now ya just gotta try and squeak in! So if anyone’s dropping out give me a call! Lol! (727-253-6808)
Daniel Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:52 AM   #27
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

I believe it was last year that the north was hit by a winter storm and lots of people dropped the weekend before. The Gators were 6 or 7 spots from full when it was all over with so some idiot in California probably thought well it didn't fill up at 70 so let's drop it to 60 or possibly it was cut to make room for Super Street. Either way it sucks to have such a low quota for a race like this but this is the game we play these days so you have to be prepared for it. Daniel I would keep a close eye on it I feel like you can still get in but it may be the last day if you can do something like that.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #28
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

I believe its very simple.....

64 cars and under is a 6 round race.

They lay out a schedule to run the early rounds and leave 4 cars for Sunday...2 rounds.....stuck in between the Pros after they have run 2 rounds and then 3....and everyone knows the sportsman are just time filler for the Pro show....

If they set the quotas at 60 cars they should be good since they are leaving 4 spots to accommodate the potential past champion that may enter over and above the quota....

Its a show, not a race.....if you haven't caught on to that yet.....geez......
Liked
Old 01-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #29
Casey Miles

Liked 444 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
I believe its very simple.....

64 cars and under is a 6 round race.

They lay out a schedule to run the early rounds and leave 4 cars for Sunday...2 rounds.....stuck in between the Pros after they have run 2 rounds and then 3....and everyone knows the sportsman are just time filler for the Pro show....

If they set the quotas at 60 cars they should be good since they are leaving 4 spots to accommodate the potential past champion that may enter over and above the quota....

Its a show, not a race.....if you haven't caught on to that yet.....geez......
Rich:. I believe you're right, but NHRA should take into consideration that's the 50 th and there would be a lot of people who would like to participate. I remember racing there till 11 at night, so if it means parking in East bumf..., That's what NHRA could do.
Casey Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #30
jimmyparker

Liked 225 Times in 71 Posts

The Gators entry list for stock shows two #800 cars from out of country, I'm assuming these racers made 7-8 divisionals, now that's racking up some mileage!
jimmyparker is offline   Reply With Quote