HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #51
fast426wedge

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hemi Challenge odds

Ray Barton is a real standup man. The Bartons give you the latest and best technology they have. You all have your favorite engine builder that is good for competition. Ray Barton has paid his dues and is a very respectable engine builder. If I was going SS/AH racing, I would borrow a motor from Stephen Hebert.
fast426wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #52
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDA Hemi View Post
I was there .... No one was laughing or happy about Bucky crashing.

Now as far as someone blowing there engine.... Which car would've you rather raced in the final, secretariat or Candy Cuda?

For those looking to throw Ray under the bus in this ordeal, sorry he had nothing to do with the out come. Your exwifes new husband loses his job... How's that make you feel after a very long bitter divorce.

You're either a better man than me or a liar....
I wouldn't want a piece of either, car, personally. Bucky's car is bad fast and it was an absolute shame to see it mangled up, but that blue car is bad. I am biased, but it is BAD.

I thought the ladder was a bummer, because I thought it should've been Bucky and Hebert in the final. Especially after Hebert knocked out Gary, we started rolling with that thing....
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:12 PM   #53
James L Miller

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts

Anyone know exactly what broke in Bucky's engine? I've read piston, pin and rod in various places and threads. I expect that whatever broke was lightened to the max. Since the rod has a minimum weight, I'd guess either the piston or pin.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #54
SSDA Hemi

Liked 428 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Holt View Post
I wouldn't want a piece of either, car, personally. Bucky's car is bad fast and it was an absolute shame to see it mangled up, but that blue car is bad. I am biased, but it is BAD.

I thought the ladder was a bummer, because I thought it should've been Bucky and Hebert in the final. Especially after Hebert knocked out Gary, we started rolling with that thing....
Ben, no disrespect to Secretariat, but Bucky was .00 out there on him before the piston came apart. He was "on" and doing an excellent job all weekend. IMO the favorite coming into this race. Bucky was also the low qualifier. With that said though, it was an excellent race with all top 4 qualifiers advancing to the late rounds and thats why the winner isn't decided on paper.

Also a big hats off to all the SS/AH competitors that show up for Indy. Having a big field of Hemi cars just makes it that much more of a show! NHRA needs to realize these cars have such a strong history at Indy and arent going away anytime soon. Where they parked the SS/AH cars was a slap in the face to the Hemis. Out of sight....Very sad day and I expressed my disgust and concern to Dale Aldo, although it fell on deaf ears

Second would be the SS/AH index. The top 3 qualifiers were qualified 93,94 and 95!! Some of the better running cars got in the eliminator as alternates, but gone are the days of the Hemi cars packing up after the shoot out. Index needs to be raised .10 to .15 and get more of these cars into the eliminator

Third would be hats off to the Daniels!! There were 3 generations of Daniels in the winners circle and there wasnt a dry eye in the house! Jimmy did an excellent job all weekend and stayed calm, cool and collected in probably one of the biggest races of his young career. The best is yet to come for Jimmy!!

And a little comment about the "Hemis being hand grenades" discussion a couple pages back. The engine in the Daniels Dart was actually built in 2009. The start of the Ray Retaliation program. The same engine won Indy in 2010 with Big Jim Daniels driving and has been in the car all along.

Hopefully next year Indy will be filled with a bigger field of SS/AH cars, a little less drama and NO wrecks or carnage. See you ALL there!!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:59 PM   #55
Ben Holt

Liked 95 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Ben, no disrespect to Secretariat, but Bucky was .00 out there on him before the piston came apart. He was "on" and doing an excellent job all weekend. IMO the favorite coming into this race. Bucky was also the low qualifier. With that said though, it was an excellent race with all top 4 qualifiers advancing to the late rounds and thats why the winner isn't decided on paper.

Also a big hats off to all the SS/AH competitors that show up for Indy. Having a big field of Hemi cars just makes it that much more of a show! NHRA needs to realize these cars have such a strong history at Indy and arent going away anytime soon. Where they parked the SS/AH cars was a slap in the face to the Hemis. Out of sight....Very sad day and I expressed my disgust and concern to Dale Aldo, although it fell on deaf ears

Second would be the SS/AH index. The top 3 qualifiers were qualified 93,94 and 95!! Some of the better running cars got in the eliminator as alternates, but gone are the days of the Hemi cars packing up after the shoot out. Index needs to be raised .10 to .15 and get more of these cars into the eliminator

Third would be hats off to the Daniels!! There were 3 generations of Daniels in the winners circle and there wasnt a dry eye in the house! Jimmy did an excellent job all weekend and stayed calm, cool and collected in probably one of the biggest races of his young career. The best is yet to come for Jimmy!!

And a little comment about the "Hemis being hand grenades" discussion a couple pages back. The engine in the Daniels Dart was actually built in 2009. The start of the Ray Retaliation program. The same engine won Indy in 2010 with Big Jim Daniels driving and has been in the car all along.

Hopefully next year Indy will be filled with a bigger field of SS/AH cars, a little less drama and NO wrecks or carnage. See you ALL there!!
That's why I said "I wouldn't want a piece of either one".....they were both bad. But I'm biased. I just think that blue car is the baddest thing around. Just my opinion.

I could care less, personally, about the parking. Where else are you going to put them? It's Chevy's race.....

But it was an awesome field and some great racing on Friday. You think Jimmy's engine is old.....you should see Pancake's. hahahahaha. It's OOLLLLLDDDDD
Ben Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #56
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts

Quote:

The engine in the Daniels Dart was actually built in 2009. The start of the Ray Retaliation program. The same engine won Indy in 2010 with Big Jim Daniels driving and has been in the car all along.

Retaliation program!!! You mean the overmill program. Snowden gave this to Putin who gave it to Trump who sent it to me. Pitiful sanctioning. We make our power the old fashion way. EARN IT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	36558  
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #57
Frank Castros
VIP Member

Liked 2,098 Times in 773 Posts

John,
I agree about the index and mentioned it in the Indy thread last week. Most of these dedicated racers have no shot of qualifying at 9.30.
Frank Castros is offline   Reply With Quote