HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-18-2019, 07:10 PM   #101
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,732 Times in 418 Posts
Default Re: If an advocate could be found - what would you say?

The South Eastern Gasser Association (SAGA) races also fill the stands. (Probably too "Redneck" for Ed)

The NMCA gets a decent crowd too. (Probably not "Fancy" enough for Ed)

My point when I mentioned Lights Out was to emphasize that they get spectators in the seats. There is a lot of talk about purse sizes on here. The only way that you could justify any kind of increase would be to add value to the program. Everyone talks about stagnant purses for Sportsman Racers. Nobody talks about the standing room only crowds in the "Good Old Days".

The fans still exist. But, just like in the past, they would rather watch heads-up racing.
GUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #102
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,228 Times in 595 Posts

Would it be possible to get back to the purpose of this thread. Getting an advocate and what would you say to him?

The name Charles Myers has been mentioned.

If this person is allowed to talk with all members of the Sportsman Racer Advisory Council by divisions I think progress could be made.

The biggest hurdle would be getting together with all these people and coming away with reasonable ideas on how to fix each divisions problems, as seen by these representatives (who would get suggestions from their local racers).

Next hurdle would be having the powers that be at NHRA listening open-minded to each idea as it is presented. I have heard that the idea was tried before and NHRA fired the representative almost immediately.

Just my 2 cents to get this thread back on track. Thank You.

Last edited by Carguy49; 02-18-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-18-2019, 07:37 PM   #103
farmco r/sa

Liked 147 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
I'll repeat again, this is a lot about nothing but the ramblings of a few old men, living in the past that think stock eliminator is special and want these events to revolve around them that also think if the rules are reversed to a time gone by decades ago that they and their old cars will find the winner's circle like they may have long ago. You collectively have been crying about most every rule change in this class for decades, more recently...aftermarket brakes, aftermarket seats, aftermarket heads, wheelie bars, 2 steps, class designation, HP factors and the list goes on and on and I didn't even talk about those cheating with ported heads and manifolds that I have seen done in person with my own 2 eyes! You don't work harder nor are you more deserving than any other class racer!

NHRA Sportsman Racing isn't perfect but nothing is. I also do not see the "obvious effort by nhra to remove us from racing at National events " What I do see when I look around the pits at every event is men and women that are excited to compete, hope to win and want to be there. Again...

THANK YOU

and to the few old men here living in the past, not one of you btw, "Liked" the above, stop complaining and enjoy what it is or quit!

BTW, if you think I'm alone in my opinion you are mistaken again. I have a lot of friends in NHRA Sportsman Racing running in most every class including stock eliminator and everyone that I have spoken to agree with my comments.

Ken, thank you for this forum where all can voice our opinion on every topic regardless of who disagrees.
Golly Mr.. What is with the references to these wise mens age

group. ? They have forgotten more about how to extract every
.001 and .0001 of ET out of a car than most of us will ever know.
Mentioning there age group seems very disrespectful..
I have the utmost respect for them. Congrats on your

super comp championship. You seem very humble.
Liked
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #104
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy49 View Post
Would it be possible to get back to the purpose of this thread. Getting and advocate and what would you say to him?

The name Charles Myers has been mentioned.

If this person is allowed to talk with all members of the Sportsman Racer Advisory Council by divisions I think progress could be made.

The biggest hurdle would be getting together with all these people and coming away with reasonable ideas on how to fix each divisions problems, as seen by these representatives (who would get suggestions from their local racers).

Next hurdle would be having the powers that be at NHRA listening open-minded to each idea as it is presented. I have heard that the idea was tried before and NHRA fired the representative almost immediately.

Just my 2 cents to get this thread back on track. Thank You.
I would have him tell NHRA to run class heads up at every event. And also run as they do now . That would give the racers that want to build there cars to go fast a way to be happy. And by running the rest as they do now lets everyone have a fair chance. It will increase the car count and the fans will have a better chance of knowing whats going on. Why only do it at a few events. That is not the only thing they need to do but it is one that will help.
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #105
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

I also find it hilarious that those that don't win races want the purse increased.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #106
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,611 Times in 1,289 Posts

I find it hilarious that your son is the CHAMPION and YOU haven’t won jack....but you do know EVERYTHING !!!!!

Last edited by MR DERBY CITY; 02-18-2019 at 08:22 PM.
MR DERBY CITY is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 02-18-2019, 08:28 PM   #107
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts

this ain't about my son, your wrong and I know what I know and I know this is a lot about nothing but the ramblings of a few old men, complaining on an internet forum, living in the past and looking for a way to be competitive again, no mind win a race.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-18-2019 at 08:32 PM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:33 PM   #108
Scott Loge

Liked 141 Times in 30 Posts

Bruce,
Thank you for starting this thread,

My 2 cents,

80 Entries to each event in all sportsmen classes except Comp, T/D and T/S.
64 Qualified fields in each category.
S/G, S/St, S/C can qualify on ET, RT, or Package.
Stk, SS qualify off indexes. (Performance)
Extra 20 entries in each might take a extra 30-60 minutes on Thursday or Friday.
5 Classes X20 Entries @ $300 ought to cover cost for extra hour.

Random 2 Teardowns in SS and Stock per race to be drawn from #'s 1-80 by NHRA , U qualify that # you get tore down. (Equal enforcement for all, not just the performance folks, If you've CHOSE to race Stock or SS it is part of the game.)

Run order: STK, (I don't love being first but hey), S/ST, S/C, SS, SG
When S/St not competing move S/C up behind STK.

Gotta couple more ideas but going back to work.......
Scott Loge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:07 PM   #109
CMcAllister

Liked 745 Times in 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
I also find it hilarious that those that don't win races want the purse increased.
I'm OK with advocating for doing the right thing, instead of squeezing every cent out of the collective group. Even if I don't personally profit. It's about respect.
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #110
fastlane

Liked 53 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Loge View Post
Bruce,
Thank you for starting this thread,

My 2 cents,

80 Entries to each event in all sportsmen classes except Comp, T/D and T/S.
64 Qualified fields in each category.
S/G, S/St, S/C can qualify on ET, RT, or Package.
Stk, SS qualify off indexes. (Performance)
Extra 20 entries in each might take a extra 30-60 minutes on Thursday or Friday.
5 Classes X20 Entries @ $300 ought to cover cost for extra hour.

Random 2 Teardowns in SS and Stock per race to be drawn from #'s 1-80 by NHRA , U qualify that # you get tore down. (Equal enforcement for all, not just the performance folks, If you've CHOSE to race Stock or SS it is part of the game.)

Run order: STK, (I don't love being first but hey), S/ST, S/C, SS, SG
When S/St not competing move S/C up behind STK.

Gotta couple more ideas but going back to work.......

And what do you do with the average guy in the middle of the pack who loves racing but seldom if ever wins and his car is not low in the index and has no idea how to tear his motor down and put it back together when he is randomly picked for teardown. How is that fair or right?
fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote