HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #51
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Guys, if you have a car which is currently not the favored combinations the choices are have fun at the points meets on the dial in, run best you can at nationals to try to qualify OR Move on. Either sell and buy a better combo or ..... retire.
You cannot paddle up stream against the rules.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #52
Barry Polley

Liked 554 Times in 229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Butler View Post
Guys, if you have a car which is currently not the favored combinations the choices are have fun at the points meets on the dial in, run best you can at nationals to try to qualify OR Move on. Either sell and buy a better combo or ..... retire.

Oh... We are all in a position to do that! How about what we are doing here like letting NHRA know that they need to do something or less cars will be racing and that's lost revenue for them.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #53
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts

I hope each and every person who was rejoicing and singing the praises of Ford, Chrysler, and NHRA to the heights of Heaven is enjoying this now. All of the sudden, when it is Chevrolet doing it, the Ford and Chrysler fans do not think it is so great. That is priceless. I think it is hilarious. Everyone thought it was just awesome when our 69 Camaros became obsolete at the stroke of a pen. Now, every year, their expensive factory race car will become obsolete at the stroke of a pen. Is it still the best thing since sliced bread? Is it still the thing that will save class racing?

We'll keep our 69 Camaros. We'll keep class racing for a while, at least.

People should really be careful what they wish for. Sometimes it just doesn't turn out to be as great as they think it will.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #54
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
This is an easy problem to solve if we all just let NHRA no that as racers we all agree to let the older cars upgrade their motors to run with the new cars . Better heads , bigger cams , lighter after market cranks , new carbs , spec blowers

or

Weight reductions are all ready given in comp and top sportsman for trans type, n20 vs none n20 , big block vs sm block . Any car 5 -10 years old 100lbs , 11-20 years old 200lbs , 30 plus years old 300lbs . These are easy solutions as mentioned by others

We could fix this and all the cars could run faster if they wanted . You can't hold the new cars back but you can bring the old cars forward with some simple changes

Someone start a petition on the weight break rule , or the part rule I will sign up and I own 2 new cars

Take 300lbs out of John Armstrong's vette and he runs 8.30 just like the CJ and I'm all for it

The parts rule might even bring in more money to class racing from parts companys
No, Bo, we do not. I don't WANT to put an LSx, or anything else in our cars. I like our 396 and 427 engines. I cannot take 300 pounds out of either car, and don't want to butcher them up, either. No thanks.

Here is the solution, real simple. Either it comes with a VIN, is completely street legal, and passes all federal standards for street cars, or it goes in an FX class. Period. It is either a production street car, or it NEVER sees the track as a Stock Eliminator car. EVER.

FX classes, with 1 pound weight breaks, starting at 6.0 and going to 10.0, stick and automatic combined. There is your place to play. Have at it. buy a new car, or a new engine every year if you want. Hell, buy one every race if you want. Buy a dozen if it makes you happy. Get your own class with the rules you want and play in it.

Bo, we all saw what your ideas did to Top Stock, it was ruined inside of 5 years, and you couldn't fill a 16 car field. We neither need nor want that in Stock Eliminator.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #55
boster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Alan , FYI Top Stock was ruined before I got there . I was only involved the finial 3 years of Top Stock . The first year I just raced it , The second year I but 50K as sponsor and did not make the rules . The 3rd year the 8 guys that raced it put up 10k each to keep it alive and we raced and divided up the money . In the finial year of top stock if you won the race it paid 15k in contingency plus race money

As far as LSX vs 396 the finial year we ran top stock under my rules the 396 of Paul Mecure won 3 races , The 440 of Joe Alulise won 2 races and my LS1 won four races . We also took the top 4 cars in the points at years end and raced them off in a 4 car shoot out for the world champ . Mecure broke a transmission , Alulise broke his motor and Bogan about turn his car over in the finials and I blew the tires off but crossed the finish line first to win . Seemed pretty even to me

No car was dominate over the other the old cars were just as fast as the new ones and in fact won more races that year.

So a lot of what you are saying is BS in my book , your old way of thinking is done and if you keep thinking that way you be done as well . I never suggested you but any other motor in your car , only that you be allowed newer parts and weight reduction .

As far as you are concerned you only want to cry on the internet in stead of trying to fix the issues . To fix it you have to think outside the box . I for one like the old cars as much as the new ones and hope that they are given parts or weight reduction so that their owners keep racing .

The main reason Top Stock died was because the fast cars of the past were put on a level playing field and they did not want to race with all things even . Much like you they just wanted to cry

Alan one last thing to date over 450 new factory race cars have been sold in the last four years and other 150 will be sold in 2013 . They are not going away and in a few years will out number the old cars that are still racing

Alan , how many races do you race a year ? I average about 13 a year over the last 4 years and in 2011 I ran 19 and raced from the Gators to the World Finials in Pomona . Funny thing is dont remember seeing you at any of them . But I do see you on here

Last edited by boster; 12-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.
boster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #56
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
Alan , FYI Top Stock was ruined before I got there . I was only involved the finial 3 years of Top Stock . The first year I just raced it , The second year I but 50K as sponsor and did not make the rules . The 3rd year the 8 guys that raced it put up 10k each to keep it alive and we raced and divided up the money . In the finial year of top stock if you won the race it paid 15k in contingency plus race money

As far as LSX vs 396 the finial year we ran top stock under my rules the 396 of Paul Mecure won 3 races , The 440 of Joe Alulise won 2 races and my LS1 won four races . We also took the top 4 cars in the points at years end and raced them off in a 4 car shoot out for the world champ . Mecure broke a transmission , Alulise broke his motor and Bogan about turn his car over in the finials and I blew the tires off but crossed the finish line first to win . Seemed pretty even to me

No car was dominate over the other the old cars were just as fast as the new ones and in fact won more races that year.

So a lot of what you are saying is BS in my book , your old way of thinking is done and if you keep thinking that way you be done as well . I never suggested you but any other motor in your car , only that you be allowed newer parts and weight reduction .

As far as you are concerned you only want to cry on the internet in stead of trying to fix the issues . To fix it you have to think outside the box . I for one like the old cars as much as the new ones and hope that they are given parts or weight reduction so that their owners keep racing .

The main reason Top Stock died was because the fast cars of the past were put on a level playing field and they did not want to race with all things even . Much like you they just wanted to cry

Alan one last thing to date over 450 new factory race cars have been sold in the last four years and other 150 will be sold in 2013 . They are not going away and in a few years will out number the old cars that are still racing

Alan , how many races do you race a year ? I average about 13 a year over the last 4 years and in 2011 I ran 19 and raced from the Gators to the World Finials in Pomona . Funny thing is dont remember seeing you at any of them . But I do see you on here
No, Bo, my "old way of thinking" isn't wrong. it's what the class was founded on.

We don't want newer parts, we don't want a weight reduction. First off, if we added anything to the Stock engine, it would be a Super Stock engine, we'd need a roller cam and lifters, to start with, and aftermarket heads, intake, and carburetor to top that off. We've already got roller rockers and aftermarket cranks, not to mention revised heads and intakes. Second, without butchering the car, the only weight I can take out is going to a $7K aluminum block. All we want is new STREET cars factored somewhere close to reality, and factory race cars put in their own class where they belong.

I'm not crying, Bo, I'm stating fact, and reality. Pretty much everything I predicted 4 years ago has come to fruition, plus GM bringing out the Camaro, which was not real likely 4 years ago.

That's really funny Bo, because this year the first thing you did when you parked in Atlanta is come and ask me if we bought a new Camaro, you didn't even shut off your truck. You also saw me a few weeks earlier in Charlotte, in the first round of the class combo. You should probably work on your memory.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #57
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 503 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
No, Bo, we do not. I don't WANT to put an LSx, or anything else in our cars. I like our 396 and 427 engines. I cannot take 300 pounds out of either car, and don't want to butcher them up, either. No thanks.

Here is the solution, real simple. Either it comes with a VIN, is completely street legal, and passes all federal standards for street cars, or it goes in an FX class. Period. It is either a production street car, or it NEVER sees the track as a Stock Eliminator car. EVER.

FX classes, with 1 pound weight breaks, starting at 6.0 and going to 10.0, stick and automatic combined. There is your place to play. Have at it. buy a new car, or a new engine every year if you want. Hell, buy one every race if you want. Buy a dozen if it makes you happy. Get your own class with the rules you want and play in it.

Bo, we all saw what your ideas did to Top Stock, it was ruined inside of 5 years, and you couldn't fill a 16 car field. We neither need nor want that in Stock Eliminator.
I vote Alan for President!!!
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #58
Pvt Parts

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:

X2 Agreed. And if you really want to escape the HP nonsense, build a weight to cubic inch combo.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #59
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Quote:
Dick, that is a joke.

There is no reason to stand silent and let them steal the sport and the class.

There is another choice: Stand up and speak out for what you believe in.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #60
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Roehrich View Post
I hope each and every person who was rejoicing and singing the praises of Ford, Chrysler, and NHRA to the heights of Heaven is enjoying this now. All of the sudden, when it is Chevrolet doing it, the Ford and Chrysler fans do not think it is so great. That is priceless. I think it is hilarious. Everyone thought it was just awesome when our 69 Camaros became obsolete at the stroke of a pen. Now, every year, their expensive factory race car will become obsolete at the stroke of a pen. Is it still the best thing since sliced bread? Is it still the thing that will save class racing?

We'll keep our 69 Camaros. We'll keep class racing for a while, at least.

People should really be careful what they wish for. Sometimes it just doesn't turn out to be as great as they think it will.
Whoa Alan,

That same stroke of the pen killed my Max Wedge which now sits unfinished in my garage and at this point I may go back to Nostalgia SS racing.

Everybody yells to high Heaven when their brand gets one upped and everybody has the right to bitch about it. We can't get all wrapped up in brand loyalty when the bigger picture is the survival of our sport.

JimR