HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #121
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts
Default Re: A subject for discussion on a winter's day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
1320, no question that you should be proud of what you and your son have accomplished, but I don’t think it fits in the conversation. When you start entering stock or superstock, it might feel a bit different.
that's your opinion and I couldn't disagree more. We are NHRA Class/Sportsman racers just as you are. We pay our money at the gate just as you do, compete at the same facilities just as you do and compete for the same prize just as you do.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:31 PM   #122
Hacksaw

Liked 276 Times in 151 Posts

Guys, give it up Ed works for NHRA, east cost division. LOL
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #123
1320racer
VIP Member

They couldn't afford me.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #124
B Parker

Liked 2,314 Times in 455 Posts

Ed for personal reasons I have not raced much in the last 15 years. And I'm not that old. Started at a young age. You seem to like to attack old men. Did someone older abuse you? If they did I'm sorry and I would suggest you seek help. As much as you bring it up it seems to be really bothering you. Try and give the old man thing a rest and see how it works out for you. I thinks it's great your happy racing the way you do. I'm not attacking you personally. Congrats to you and your son. But not everyone thinks the way you do. You asked me to list things I thought were wrong. I did. But instead of addressing the issues I brought up you attack me personally. I really didn't expect anything different from you. It's been your MO since you showed up on this board. You don't race Stock or Super Stock so I don't know why you even want to be part of this conversation. If you think your car is the same as ours. Than I would say it could be. Just look up what comp class it fits and have at it. Good luck this year! BP
B Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #125
1320racer
VIP Member

the dialog here and the other threads isn't about stock/super, it's an attack on the NHRA Sportsman Racing series. Further, you really think anyone at the NHRA or Lucas cares what someone thinks that for all intents and purposes is NOT a sportsman racer.

I stand my observations and comments, complaints from a few old men that no longer have the $ and/or skills to compete, some of which haven't raced in many years.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-14-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:17 PM   #126
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320racer View Post
the dialog here and the other threads isn't about stock/super, it's an attack on the NHRA Sportsman Racing series. Further, you really think anyone at the NHRA or Lucas cares what someone thinks that for all intents and purposes is NOT a sportsman racer.

I stand my observations and comments, complaints from a few old men that no longer have the $ and/or skills to compete, some of which haven't raced in many years.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World's greatest Under-Achiever!

Last edited by Billy Nees; 02-14-2019 at 08:32 PM.
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:47 PM   #127
1320racer
VIP Member

I’m driving so I’ll be short, Safety first.

Billy, I didn’t attack you or anyone else, I didn’t call you a hillbilly who’s dime box builds are ****boxes nor did I highlight that you have been racing forever and haven’t really done anything. No, I mearly stated my opinion and I stand by it regardless of who here disagrees.

As to the Copo, the difference between you hand me is I have the $130k to buy it, the reason I didn’t is because my son wasn’t interested in running stock eliminator and neither am I. If I was, would have done it long ago with my former Chevelle.

That said, this is Ken’s forum not yours, I trust him to decide if my comments and responses to some personal jabs toward me are out of line

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-14-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #128
Tony Fagnilli

Liked 196 Times in 42 Posts

This is better than anything I've read on Yellowbullet. LOL
Tony Fagnilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #129
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,623 Times in 1,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Alright Ed, that's far enough! In case you didn't notice, the section of this web site that you are posting on is entitled "Class Racer Forum Stock and Super Stock". If you don't like what we (S/SS Racers) have to say about the state of our eliminator then don't post here. Go post on the S/C Forum! Mr. Parker is a very talented individual who I'm quite sure isn't hurting for money. You, on the other hand (IMHO) are a no-talent wanna-be who paid out a bunch of monies over the years to play with a poor excuse for a bracket car that went pretty fast and did wheelies but didn't do much winning! I'm very happy for the success that your son has had in S/C and I wish him continued success and you should be very proud. But you have NO RIGHT WHAT-SO-EVER to comment on how much "$ and/or skills to compete Mr. Parker or me or anyone else on this forum have or had!
And OBTW, I could have had a COPO too. Why didn't you pick yours up? Need some money? No talent to run it? If I had picked mine up, it would have sat in my garage with my other Camaros that I won't race so why should I have it?
I second the motion that 1320 ED run along and go play on the 90’s forum
All in favor........
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:12 PM   #130
1320racer
VIP Member

Oh and billy while we are being honest here, you are not “very happy for the success that your son has had in S/C and I wish him continued success” if you really felt that way, you had ample opportunity to tell him yourself in person as well on this forum but you didn’t along with a few others that post here.