HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #21
Rick Bailey

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Talking Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Bill........Thats cool !

Where I'm not saying the 1/8 is a bad thing, it's just I've never done it. I also would not really know where to start. so for one race ??

Thanks for the change.......if you get it done.

Rick
Old 03-01-2011, 09:54 AM   #22
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Smile Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
What do most guys do with stop settings on the 1/8 ??
I think in my deal, I'd have to re-invent the wheel.......
Rick
Isnt it time to get some data and learn ? Your operation would be more flexable if you had some experience, info, and data to go either way. There are a lot of 1/8 mile tracks and big money 1/8th mile races across the country. Maybe not so many as the economy has taken a big down turn and fuel prices have gone up. I have raced the 1/8th and you have to be on your game more so than the 1/4. I found it fun for me. Some hate it....some like it.....and some just go with the flow and live with it. A lot just like to complain about anything and everything. Its not the end of the world racing an 1/8th mile track and at least its racing. Not here to bad mouth but to give some food for thought. Get some data and give it a try sometime. You might like it and you would be prepared for the future races. .
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #23
Rick Bailey

Talking Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

X,
Please read the above again. My statement was "Where I'm not saying the 1/8 is a bad thing" I wasn't knocking it. Just saying I have never done it.......Really

I've been s/c racing since 1989...........and I have only had one opportunity to ts the 1/8 and that too was with the mwsc @ Midstate maybe 15 yr ago....

There has not BEEN any 1/8 mi s/c races since.............that I'm aware of.

So what myself, and Ryan are saying "is really worth "re-inventing the wheel" for just one race........considering the expense. It's not "at the local track" for either one of us.

NOW ! the other side of the coin..............if there were quite a few 1/8 milers I WOULD give it serious consideration.............my junk is one of the slower cars 158 to 160. and to run the 1/8, that would make the fast guys dial more honest !

And Hayden, (my replacement) lol .........he don't care, he just wants to race.....

Last edited by Rick Bailey; 03-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Rick Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #24
Rick Bailey

Default Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Still haven't seen anyone post here how there doing it .......numbers wise ?

Rick
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #25
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For me, I don't see any reason that I would want to take the time and money to work out a combination for 1/8th mile. I don't enjoy racing 1/8th mile and don't have many opportunities to do so. In fact the only 2 I can think of (for throttle stop racing) would be the 2 on MWSCA's Schedule. I have said it 100 times and I will say it 100 more, these guys are a pleasure to race with, a real class organization! I plan to race with them as often as feasible for me. But I don't plan to drive 3 hours to race 1/8th mile at Indy, the Grove or elsewhere. Not complaining, just stating a fact.

The cost of fuel and other factors will keep my racing to a minimum this season. I am going to have to pick my races carefully and go where it makes the most since and cost the least. Any time I can run 2 races with one tow, that makes since for me. I plan to run some of the closer NHRA stuff and a few times with MWSCA. All I was saying is that it is a shame with the way the economy and NHRA are right now, that these tracks wont do a better job working with these guys to schedule 2 day races, etc...
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #26
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS310C View Post
Jeff,

Yes, Leak is not my favorite person but that is besides the point. The whole point to a traveling series (like MWSCA) is to travel to different tracks as they always have. If I wanted to race at the same track every weekend I would bracket race. It is fine to have a couple of races at the same track, heck even NHRA does that with division races sometimes. But when over 3/4 of the races are at the same track that is a bit much. All I am saying is that there are already enough races at one track (Byron). Regardless of what track that is, they don't need to have one more there. It is a shame they cant have a 2 day event at Cordova, but I don't see why they should change that and have one more race at Byron. I know first hand how hard it is to schedule a series like this and I don't want it to seem like I am talking bad about the people in charge. I am sure they had their hands full trying to make everyone happy. I had a great time running a couple of races last year and this is a first class group of guys! However, having said that I don't think I will be running with them as much as I had planned to with this schedule. It is unfortunate, because I was really looking forward to running most or all of the races this year. I don't plan to run that many times at Byron, I seriously doubt I will drive all the way to Indy to race 1/8th mile, and I also doubt I will go to the Grove.
Well our thinking is that since most of us will be towing east to go home Saturday night or Sunday morning after Cordova we might as well stop in at Byron and race there Sunday . Which is one of the things we will discuss and vote on at the March Meeting.
As far as the difference between 1/8 vs 1/4 mile to me it's really the same game you just have to make up your mind sooner and in my experience we all seemed to be able to figure it out in two to three passes and I'll bet Hayden knows exactly were that 1/8 mile stipe is at!
I'll let you guys know what's up after the meeting
Old 03-02-2011, 12:15 AM   #27
Rick Bailey

Smile Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Bill,,, Oh yeah.....he does at that. lol lol lol

Rick
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #28
Bill Baer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

After the March MeetingThe MWSCS schedule is pretty much finalized with one small change Indy will be a 1/4 mile. races
Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #29
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bill,

Thanks for the info. The change at Indy is a welcome one. Hopefully we will be able to tow out there and run with you guys.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #30
don R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Re: Midwest supercomp series 2011 schedule

Looks good to me. Not sure if I will ever return to the grove after the starter running us knowing there was oil on the track. Then arguing it was water.
don R is offline   Reply With Quote