HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 12-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #51
Ray Barton

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Interesting or Funny Car Stories

Around 1970 in Winnipeg Canada we would go street racing at night time and then hang around the Big Boy restaurant which had an unlit parking lot across the street. One very chilly night I pulled in with my wife and when I got out of my car, I took a leak in front of my car. It was pretty dark over there. We were bull****ting with some regulars when Mr. Know-it-all-about-everything pulls into the lot with his beautiful 70½ Z-28. He wanders over to where we were and looks at my car and says, “Hey Barton, there’s something leaking under your junk Hemi”. When I took my leak, it ran under my car and came out the other side. Before I could say anything, he put his finger in it, licked it, and said “it’s not oil”. I’m kicking my wife to shut up because this guy is 100 pounds bigger than me. He put his finger in it for the second time, licks it, it and tells me “it’s not antifreeze” and does it the third time and tells me “it’s gasoline!” I just smiled and thanked him. Every time I saw him afterward he was always giving a speech about how knowledgeable he was and I would just smile and think, yes, another Chevy guy. – Ray Barton
Ray Barton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #52
Jeff Niceswanger

Liked 831 Times in 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Barton View Post
Around 1970 in Winnipeg Canada we would go street racing at night time and then hang around the Big Boy restaurant which had an unlit parking lot across the street. One very chilly night I pulled in with my wife and when I got out of my car, I took a leak in front of my car. It was pretty dark over there. We were bull****ting with some regulars when Mr. Know-it-all-about-everything pulls into the lot with his beautiful 70½ Z-28. He wanders over to where we were and looks at my car and says, “Hey Barton, there’s something leaking under your junk Hemi”. When I took my leak, it ran under my car and came out the other side. Before I could say anything, he put his finger in it, licked it, and said “it’s not oil”. I’m kicking my wife to shut up because this guy is 100 pounds bigger than me. He put his finger in it for the second time, licks it, it and tells me “it’s not antifreeze” and does it the third time and tells me “it’s gasoline!” I just smiled and thanked him. Every time I saw him afterward he was always giving a speech about how knowledgeable he was and I
would just smile and think, yes, another Chevy guy. – Ray Barton

Hi Ray ...!

That takes the cake ... you win ! You had me rollin ....funny ***** ....
Old 12-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #53
Brian Oakes

Liked 398 Times in 110 Posts

Why would i think it wasn't going to be a CHEVY GUY, LOL good one Ray, BUT i would bet there was oil under there as well, just thicker don't run LOL happy Holidays Ray and Family
Brian Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #54
Ron Ortiz

Liked 251 Times in 84 Posts

The only way Mr. Barton's post can be beat is for Mr. Know-it-all-about-everything reads this thread. LOL

Here is another humorous situation. At the Gators when Bubba Linke won Stock he was pitted across from us and I believe Jim Roberts was next to me. After a fun night of enjoying adult beverages, the next morning Jim said that Bubba had fallen asleep in his motor home on the floor with Bubba's jacket covering his head up. As we were standing outside getting our cars ready for the time trial, Jim looks up and sees Bubba working on his car and starts to wondering who is in his motor home. He goes inside and tells the unknown sleeping racer that he has to leave. As the person leaves I notice it was one of the previous nights visitor of beverages. I cannot reveal who it was, but he knows it was him. He was running S/C that weekend.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA The Imperial Palace claims another victim.