HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
Robert Pare Racing

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I think I was in front of Mark on that pass, and checked my car when I got to the trailer to make sure I wasn't leaking.....I understand that a Kotex would have been successful in his situation, not a full blown diaper. One thing that can be of concern is the guy in front of me left some stuff on the starting line, and the track worker guys had to do a light swiffer deal while I was in the water..I wonder if that car got busted, or if Mark was just a victim.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
Bud Lefevre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What about the guys that run with a full fuel tank and dump it out the fill tube on launch ?

Bud

Old 05-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
Sean Haning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Haning

What about the Top Fuel Dragster that had his oil hose come loose at the end of the track and ignited? Was he fined, or did all the evidence get burned up?

Sean

Black Box Racing
Old 05-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #14
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No., the evidence wasn't burned up. That was just his freebie that we don't get...

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
grant racing

In 1996 at Houston we fought an oil leak the whole time. We would pull to the line thinking we had the problem corrected and they would send us back to the pits. We finally got it fixed after replacing the pan and made one time trial then went to the semi final. I guess we wouldn't even get the chance to race today since we could not afford all those fines. Do they disqualify you after so many instances or do you pay a fine for each time you pull to the line with a leak?
Richard

Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #16
sg1838

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If I remember correctly, the first time it's a $250 fine, the second time it's a $500 fine, and the third time it's disqualification from the event...you also lose 5 points, 10 points, and 15 points respectively for the infractions, so if you oiled the track 3 times at an event you would be out of competition, out $750 in fines, and take a 30 point hit.

But, quite frankly, I don't think anybody really cares about the 30 point hit, and if you oiled the track 3 times you'd most likely be eliminated from competition anyway (your competitor would have probably done it for you rather than NHRA). The $750 in fines sting though, especially since you're having mechanical problems at the same time.

Jason Oldfield
S/G & S/ST 1838
sg1838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #17
Tom Briggs7100

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guys stop whinning it isn't going to do any good this is just another thing NHRA is doing to piss off & get rid of the Sportsman racer's little by little at National events so they have more room for additional circus acts. If ya can't take the heat (or afford the fines) get out of the NHRA kitchen and only race IHRA events instead where they don't fine Sportsman racer's for leaks,you don't need grade points & nobody has to pull pistons out of there stockers in order to race just good clean racer friendly family fun. Mark Faul you've won several IHRA national events tell everyone I speak the truth [:-smilearound-:]

Tom Briggs7100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #18
old69timer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think nhra is going to change the ticket booth to a toll booth

old69timer is offline   Reply With Quote