HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Classifieds > Race Cars: Classifieds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default 1979 AMC Spirit - rolling P or Q/SA Stocker with parts

Asking $5,500 or trade for a particular body style (even a dragster). I'll throw in my fixer-upper 24 foot trailer if you meet the asking price.

Car was taken apart for engine freshening, but moved halfway across the country shortly thereafter. Car is still in NJ and have been paying storage on it for over 2 years now. I can fly up on a weekend if someone is serious enough about this car. I am motivated to move on to something else.......just not an AMC enthusiast.

Car is the AMC 304 motor, 125/180 HP combo.

I have two sets of stocker heads, two blocks, two intakes. Needs pistons, rings, and cam / lifters but I have the specs so you can compare notes and do it your way. I also have a 304 crank that will need machining.

In addition, I have a set of AMC "517" heads that could be used on a 290 SS/GT motor because I was heavily considering running SS.

This car was as good as 13.30s a few years ago, though typically it would run 13.50's.

The car has a roll-bar, but will need belts as the ones in there were good until October 2014. It has a fuel cell and weight box in the hatch-back area. Jegs racing wheels (Bought Hoosier slicks at Charlotte 4-Wide Nationals in April 2013 but by now you'd probably want to buy new ones). 5.16 gears with a spool.

The last time this car was run was the Englishtown LODRS in September 2013.

The car has a history of being competitive. Bub Miller won the 2000 Topeka Nationals in O/SA dialing the index (I believe that was 13.45 at that point in time).

I bought the car from Eric and Scott Pearson from up in Minnesota. Eric was competitive in the IHRA with this car.

Buyer responsible for delivery but I will fly up to NJ if you show up with the cash.

Keep in mind: This was a running Stocker that came apart for freshening / rebuild but that all came to a halt when I moved. Yes, it needs engine work; but the chassis and other items have been done.

Might be open to trades for a body style that is in the NHRA Class Guide or a dragster.

Photo's available in the Photo Gallery under my name.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Chris1229

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: 1979 AMC Spirit - rolling P or Q/SA Stocker with parts

Hi Mike,looks some bad weather heading your way,hope your ok.I have a couple questions about your car.Is it a Torqueflite trans,do you know anything about the converter? Is it a AMC rear ? Can it be seen without you flying in to NJ? I live in PA, Thanks,Chris
Chris1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:52 PM   #3
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: 1979 AMC Spirit - rolling P or Q/SA Stocker with parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1229 View Post
Hi Mike,looks some bad weather heading your way,hope your ok.I have a couple questions about your car.Is it a Torqueflite trans,do you know anything about the converter? Is it a AMC rear ? Can it be seen without you flying in to NJ? I live in PA, Thanks,Chris
Thanks for your concern. I'm in the suburbs of Houston and the storm is headed towards San Antonio. We are catching the east side of the hurricane so it's like an extra rainy day but no stores are open.

The trans is either a 904 or 727 and its a converter in the approximately 3500 stall range (generic, no-name converter).

Dana rear.

As far as showing the car without me being there......the complication is that the guy in NJ who lives near where it's stored and has the keys to show it now travels for his job.

Don't worry too much about me getting to NJ, I would just need to plan a weekend. (My girlfriend works for United Airlines so I can get to where I need to go at no cost / low cost.)