HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #21
rx dealer

Liked 53 Times in 13 Posts
Talking Re: Adding a Pontiac to the Guide?

I hope they will include the Mallet edition in the guide. I have a 2007 solstice that has an LS-7 with a T-56
rx dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #22
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

duplicate

Last edited by Lynn A McCarty; 07-23-2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: duplicate
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:26 PM   #23
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Adding a Pontiac to the Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
Really? They just added a 1969 Trans AM and a 1983 Z28 to the Guide for no other reason than they could.
Dwight, I contacted NHRA and pointed out that in 1969 the TAs were an option and not a separate car. They quickly responded that it makes a legal combination. My 69 TA car that was built by Alf Weibe was my reason. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the Edelbrock heads approved, so running against all the combos with them soured the deal. Truman and I redid the hp numbers, but by then lost interest. A RAIV 69 TA stocker would be cool, but Casey says a 10.5 RAV NMCA car heads up would be cooler. 😀 It takes everything I can muster to keep the black car going, the Sunbird is moving very slowly, but close, the 69TA 80% done but just sitting there. I have $23,000 in it with much left to go.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn A McCarty View Post
Dwight, I contacted NHRA and pointed out that in 1969 the TAs were an option and not a separate car. They quickly responded that it makes a legal combination. My 69 TA car that was built by Alf Weibe was my reason. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the Edelbrock heads approved, so running against all the combos with them soured the deal. Truman and I redid the hp numbers, but by then lost interest. A RAIV 69 TA stocker would be cool, but Casey says a 10.5 RAV NMCA car heads up would be cooler. 😀 It takes everything I can muster to keep the black car going, the Sunbird is moving very slowly, but close, the 69TA 80% done but just sitting there. I have $23,000 in it with much left to go.
Exactly the point of my post. The TA was an option on top of a Firebird 400 but not a separate car. The 1969 AMA specs do not have any reference to a TA option but that may be due to the TA option being conceived and offered after the factory sent specifications to the AMA. However, since there are no specifications for the weight of a TA or the TA option in the AMA specs, that is probably why it was never included in the Class Guide.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #25
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
Exactly the point of my post. The TA was an option on top of a Firebird 400 but not a separate car. The 1969 AMA specs do not have any reference to a TA option but that may be due to the TA option being conceived and offered after the factory sent specifications to the AMA. However, since there are no specifications for the weight of a TA or the TA option in the AMA specs, that is probably why it was never included in the Class Guide.
I was just correcting this, because there was a reason. I have no idea about the AMX discussion, but Garrett Ghezzi's AMX is awesome!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:57 AM   #26
gumbalaya

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx dealer View Post
I hope they will include the Mallet edition in the guide. I have a 2007 solstice that has an LS-7 with a T-56
I was just thinking about the dealer-installed option they had in 09 where you got a different MAP sensor, a ECU reflash, and an additional 30Hp & 80ft-lb, all covered covered under warranty!
Old 08-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #27
Terry Cain

Liked 224 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbalaya View Post
While the guide calls it a "Coupe", there is a bit of a difference between the 2006-08 convertible & the 2009 Coupe aerodynamically. Plus the 09 coupe weighs about 80lbs more than the soft top.

And if the rumors are correct, the 09 is eligible for the 15% rule...
What's a 15% rule?
Old 08-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #28
jaythorne

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

that's the 15% of the racers that are on the phone trying to get their wierd combo approved or their hp lowered

Last edited by jaythorne; 08-12-2018 at 10:56 AM.
jaythorne is offline   Reply With Quote