HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Stock/Super Stock Associations > Southern Stock and Super Stock Association

Old 02-03-2016, 10:54 PM   #1
Jim Wahl
Veteran Member

Liked 685 Times in 131 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jim Wahl Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Wahl
Thumbs up A Trip To Green Cove Springs Dragway!

This past Sunday Jim Woods and I took a trip up to the IHRA sanctioned Green Cove Springs Dragway. Jim had to do some IHRA chassis certifications and I went along for moral support and to check the track out. Long story short, I'm impressed! This is a nice 1/8 mile track built on an airport concrete runway. Does it hook? Oh yeah it hooks! They have many quick cars there and several were leaving on their bumpers!

But it's much more than that! The crew couldn't have been nicer and were great hosts. They quickly met us at the gate and gave us a golf cart to use and gave us a guided tour of the facility. If I had to compare Green Cove to another track it would be Immokalee. They are expanding their parking layout in order to host races like the ones we put on. Green Cove has all the modern stuff. Score boards and a digital tree. They also have all the needed clean up tools, from John Deer tractors and scrapers to many all important push brooms!

The track is located in an industrial park outside of town and is easy to find. Everybody there from the local racers to the girls at the gate were excited to have us there. They even announced over the PA that Jim and I were there and we actually got a round of applause! While speaking to the track manager it was evident to me that they have made and are making many improvements and upgrades in order to attract groups like the SSSSA.

I think we should give this track a try and see what our members think. I would encourage you racers to check them out for yourselves and let me know what you think. BTW Harry Morgan is a regular there and we saw him get beat first round of a bracket race they had! Feel free to contact me with questions about the track. Oh yeah and Jim did 10 chassis certs that day. Jim

http://greencovedragway.com/

Jim Wahl....NHRA #2239 S/SS - IHRA # 8 Stock, D2 Stock Champion (forever I guess)
2019 Baby Gators Stock Champion
2009 D2 National Open Stock Champion
1981 D2 West Palm Beach LDRS SS Runner Up
Past President, Southern Stock / Super Stock Association.
SSSSA Forum Moderator

Last edited by Jim Wahl; 02-03-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Jim Wahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:29 AM   #2
Robert Simpson

Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: A Trip To Green Cove Springs Dragway!

Jim I would have to agree, I have raced there several times and will race there this year for points. What the track lacks in size (Compared to SGMP or Gainesville) it more than makes up with the people and the staff. Great people and easy to work with. I hope if anyone is in the area they will stop by and check it out.

Robert
Robert Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Sean Haning

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Sean Haning
Default Re: A Trip To Green Cove Springs Dragway!

Looking forward to seeing all you guys again, it's been too long. I hope to be at SGMP in May as well.