HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Viet Nam Navy may be eligible

Here is a website that may be helpful for veterans that served in the Navy during Viet Nam and exposure to Agent Orange. Even if it is a small percentage you could receive in benefits, you earned it for your service to this country and could be helpful to your monthly income and be beneficial to your family. It is worth checking out.
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/PUBLI...list/index.asp

I hope this is helpful to someone. God bless you all for your service!
Wendy Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
SStockDart
VIP Member

Liked 458 Times in 173 Posts
Default Re: Viet Nam Navy may be eligible

Hey Wendy....thank you for your effort for us veterans. It is my understanding that if you were in the Navy, on a "flat top", you are considered exposed to AO.....
Old 10-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You are quite welcome S/Stock Dart. I haven't been as active lately due to my husband's health issues resulting from Agent Orange. I am still active with the VFW and I am the President of our Auxiliary. So if I am not at the VA, I'm still working for the betterment of our veterans and the children at the VFW National Home for Children. I was recently voted Outstanding Chief of Staff of the Ladies Auxiliary for the Department of Pennsylvania. This is a new award and I am the first to receive such an honor.
I enjoy what I do and I am honored to help the women and men who have served their country. God bless each and every one of you that sacrificed to give me the rights I enjoy today!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #4
SStockDart
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Carr View Post
You are quite welcome S/Stock Dart. I haven't been as active lately due to my husband's health issues resulting from Agent Orange. I am still active with the VFW and I am the President of our Auxiliary. So if I am not at the VA, I'm still working for the betterment of our veterans and the children at the VFW National Home for Children. I was recently voted Outstanding Chief of Staff of the Ladies Auxiliary for the Department of Pennsylvania. This is a new award and I am the first to receive such an honor.
I enjoy what I do and I am honored to help the women and men who have served their country. God bless each and every one of you that sacrificed to give me the rights I enjoy today!
God Bless you too, Wendy
All of this seems a little "weird" (for lack of a better word) to me. I was discharged in 1968. Until just recently (what...45-46 years later?).....I was proud of my military service, but, it was just something I had to do and make the best of it, knowing that it was my part of helping this great nation be free. Millions of Americans have done the same thing, I was nothing special. I didn't dwell on it and I had many other things on my mind that were more important....like raising a family, getting my kids braces, and getting them a college education so they could be productive in society. Then, all of the sudden...my kids have college degrees and are doing well, and raising families of their own....(I just love my grandkids).. and I find myself of a senior age and spend a lot of time reflecting on my military adventure. I have spent more time thinking my 2 year draft commitment in the Army more in the past year than I have spent thinking about it is the prior 44 years.

Is this weird, or am I getting dementia???????? LOL
Old 10-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #5
Jim Parsons

Liked 128 Times in 23 Posts

Wendy,
Thank you for the post on Agent Orange as I was able to determine from it that my ship was exposed to the toxin while we were stationed on the Saigon River with the Riveron Group. I was recently diagnosed by the VA with bladder cancer which resulted in the radical removal along with my prostate and numerous lymph glands. Contrary to all the negative press of late the VA was excellent in their timing, examines, testing and diagnosing of my cancer, however reading through these documents for benefits it doesn’t mention my type cancer! Is this the only eligible list or could it be looked at more broadly for other organs? By the way this has helped me to better understand my condition.
Thanks again and you should be rewarded for the excellent work you’re doing as a veterans advocate.

Jim Parsons
F/S 5305
Jim Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStockDart View Post
God Bless you too, Wendy
All of this seems a little "weird" (for lack of a better word) to me. I was discharged in 1968. Until just recently (what...45-46 years later?).....I was proud of my military service, but, it was just something I had to do and make the best of it, knowing that it was my part of helping this great nation be free. Millions of Americans have done the same thing, I was nothing special. I didn't dwell on it and I had many other things on my mind that were more important....like raising a family, getting my kids braces, and getting them a college education so they could be productive in society. Then, all of the sudden...my kids have college degrees and are doing well, and raising families of their own....(I just love my grandkids).. and I find myself of a senior age and spend a lot of time reflecting on my military adventure. I have spent more time thinking my 2 year draft commitment in the Army more in the past year than I have spent thinking about it is the prior 44 years.

Is this weird, or am I getting dementia???????? LOL
Not weird at all ll Gary, I have a friend whose dad that I have known practically my whole life that was the same way. He told me one time that he never really thought anything about Vietnam until he retired and the only thing he could speculate was that he just didn't have as many things on his mind anymore. By the way, thank you for your service as well as all the others who served.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #7
Harry 6674

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR9121 View Post
Not weird at all ll Gary, I have a friend whose dad that I have known practically my whole life that was the same way. He told me one time that he never really thought anything about Vietnam until he retired and the only thing he could speculate was that he just didn't have as many things on his mind anymore. By the way, thank you for your service as well as all the others who served.
Wow he never thought about Vietnam Nam? I've thought about it every friggen day since the day I got home. Must be nice.
Harry 6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #8
SStockDart
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry 6674 View Post
Wow he never thought about Vietnam Nam? I've thought about it every friggen day since the day I got home. Must be nice.
Oh.....I thought plenty of Viet Nam, but not every day....not even close. I have been in touch with two of my buddies recently.....that didn't happen before. We have shared stories that one of us had completely forgotten.....then It comes back to me. I think what it boils down to is that I was so busy while younger, and now I have time to think about it.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jim , I am sorry I have not answered your post sooner, my husband is under going chemotherapy as a result of being exposed to Agent Orange.
Are you using the VA as your primary care? If you are, I would ask them to do a pet scan to determine if the cancer shows in any other part of your body. However if you had your prostate removed that is one form that is recognized. There are other diseases that resulted from Agent Orange. Here are a few: Al Amyloidosis, Chronic B cell Leukemias, chloracne, Type II diabetes Hodgkins disease, Ischemic heart disease, Multiple Myleoma, non Hodgkins disease, Parkinsons disease, prostate cancer, respiratory cancers , soft tissue sarcomas. You can find the list on www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/index.asp
I hope this answers some of your questions.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #10
Wendy Carr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On the left hand side of the page click on military exposures, scroll down and click on the "A" for agent orange and it will give you the list and what they mean.