Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #121
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,840 Times in 1,535 Posts
Default Re: Factory experimental

Bruce, Evan raced his Lightning in the Stock Truck class at a couple of races. They aren't the first supercharged cars to run in Stock.

Reality, what a concept!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #122
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,743 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK FRAZIER View Post
Gump ease up a little
I would have been more sympathetic to Bruce's point of view if he had included his AA status in the first post.

Quote:
where's your dog in this hunt?
I know for a fact that some of the factory people read these threads. If you were watching Barrett Jackson last night you would have noted how excited they were about these cars. I'm sure that it took a lot to get the permission to build them. It would be nice if we respected what they are trying to do and let them have their day in the sun. I am also a big fan of the idea of running the new cars in stock. I would hate it if the factories stopped building high performance cars. I purchased my current LT1 car new in 1995. It has always been raced in Stock (186 original miles). I am due for something new, but my choice would be GM first.

Quote:
I know several of these guys in AA lots of time and money to get thier cars competitive .
I feel their pain, but as I stated in an earlier post, I really doubt that the Mustangs will be able to dominate AA for too long.

Quote:
supercharged cars have no place in stock .
I don't agree. If the factory builds them in the required quantities they should be allowed to run.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #123
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

Billy,

Thanks for the info. I guess these Mustangs will have more of an impact than an occaisional pickup racing.

Gump,
Thanks for your posts. It's always good to hear from folks with a different point of view. But Doug made excellent points. This thread is not about me. It is about racing.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #124
GUMP
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
Lets discuss the pros and cons of running these cars in another high performance class.
Bruce,

I am all for a new class. In fact, if they made one, that's where I would want to run.

Like I noted before, I have seen these cars up close. They are factory built Stockers not Super Stockers. They are extremely cool cars that I believe should be given a chance to run. Like the LT1/LS1 cars were a few years ago they are a true example of what the factories are producing (less all of the safety, stereo, and emissions stuff).

Keep in mind that when building a new car all of us have a choice.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 01-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #125
GUMP
VIP Member

Oh, and sorry for including my ugly mug in the photo, but it is the only one that I have of the car.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #126
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Gump,

Nice picture. I have photos of the same car - but without my mug in them. There are two Mustangs approved to run in Stock. The Roush folks openly publish the fact that their car is an After market Car.

There are many ways to make everyone whole in this situation. I feel both Mustangs should compete in a more advanced class. Let's discuss that.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #127
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,840 Times in 1,535 Posts

Bruce, in case I missed it somewhere else in this thread, let's not forget that the original Cobra Jets were not Stockers they were Superstockers. And 40 years later the originals are still causing problems in Stock with regards to head castings, intakes, carbs and cam specs that might just not be correct.

Reality, what a concept!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #128
DK FRAZIER

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gump thanks for your post!! I think a new class lets say AAA with the mustang, challenger and maybe chevrolet could get busy on the new camaro these 3 cars going head to head would be great for racing and for sales. If one of the AA guys wants to move up to AAA that could be fun to watch to!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #129
denny harvey

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

not crying foul here,but if ford were paying nhra to play,i doubt they would tell you or anybody else.do you ?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #130
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Billy,
I don't think it had been mentioned before. Seems like tear down for these cars would be one heck of a project.

Doug,
I agree with you 100%. I don't want to sound like a Chevrolet man who is against any other OEM. I would be against the Chevrolet folks trying to bring in a Supercharged Corvette too. I don't remember who the first person was to offer the AAA idea but it was a good one.