HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #11
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Super Gas Burndown

Asta....Ed's car is nice....its just his technique to mess with people....
CBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #12
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I guess the issue is...He waits at least 30 seconds after you put your top light on to even move....its not illegal...just annoying.......then he goes blink blink and puts both on....

cbs
what do you guys think.....
Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #13
crewchiefpro

Hughes could have staged first and there would have been no burndown. Why is it Ed's problem? I was in the staging lanes and Hughes was heard to say "Ed I hope you have your motor ice cold". Hughes was going to the line expecting to sit.

Just 2 racers doing it their own way, no harm, no foul.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #14
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sounds to me like Jim knew Ed was going to sit and was just letting him know - he really was going to sit.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #15
1SG02

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If someone has to do the same thing every time they stage.....why in the hell would you want to do what they expect you to do !!!!!!! no brainer here guys. If a guy has to turn the top bulb on first, Im goin to beat them to the starting line. Letting anyone dictate how the staging procedure will go is ignorant.I stage when i want to stage, not when someone tells me when to stage.....I cant be alone on this !. CBS ? FOR REAL ?
1SG02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
SSTHottie1236

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG02 View Post
If someone has to do the same thing every time they stage.....why in the hell would you want to do what they expect you to do !!!!!!! no brainer here guys. If a guy has to turn the top bulb on first, Im goin to beat them to the starting line. Letting anyone dictate how the staging procedure will go is ignorant.I stage when i want to stage, not when someone tells me when to stage.....I cant be alone on this !. CBS ? FOR REAL ?
I agree, it's that old saying "run your own race". Yeah, sometimes it's nice to know if someone goes and puts both bulbs on if you're someone that needs to take a little real estate for that stupid .370 tree but other than that, I can't see a need why you should play along with the game. There's a guy that I've raced a couple times (three to be exact) and each time he has put both bulbs on while I'm still halfway to the starting line. Not sure if he can't control his foot, he's overzealous, he's trying to mess with me, not sure and don't care. With him, I just sit there, watch him do it, watch the starter back him up and he tries again and I'll approach. I could really not give less of a crap about what anyone is doing besides me. I've learned racing like a dumb blonde pays off most of the time...it's when you start thinking up there is when you are screwed.
Kelli
1236 S/ST
SSTHottie1236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #17
TS310C

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1SG02; I can't agree with you more! It is not Jim's responsibility to go in first just because he knows Ed likes to stage last. Everyone should just stage however it works out. I just do my thing and if I get there first, fine. If I don't that's fine too. I agree with CBS, the race should be won or lost on the track not because someone is playing games on the starting line. It is called "courtesy staging" for a reason. That is just not courteous! I would melt my motor to the ground before I would go in first against anyone like this!
TS310C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM   #18
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Staging games are bad...whats the big deal...99 percent of everybody stages properly....I remember back a few years ago...a certain group of racers used to back into the beams...and with their past history....everybody(not me really) took offense to it...So they were told not to do it anymore...and now a few years later...not only have these guys won more races....we actually like them....and enjoy racing with them....

I'm thinking its a west coast thing.....

I think I woke Todd up....did I strike a nerve....

I race in all the divisions (except 4) and really there are only a few that mess around...and maybe only 1 that had had any success.....
Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #19
slow dragster

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Maybe its just D7 Not to pick on anyone. I raced another D7 driver this year at Indy. I think he took more then his share of time to get in. I bumped in and I looked over and he never moved.
Oh well Rock sorry about hanging you out in Joliet earlier this year. lol
slow dragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #20
CBS
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

it couldn't have been bad...because I don't remember it.....

Ed sits 20 feet behind the line....and doesn't move till you stage....