HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
jason patterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stk. Elim. Buttons???

Dose anyone know what types of buttons they are going to let us use this year in Stk? I talked to a few people and everyone says something different. I hear that its going to have to be mounted on the brake or clutch pedals. No delay buttons! But I call Biondo and they say yes! I guess they just want to sell me one. I heared only a micro switches with no delay. If anyone has some new info on this subject that sure would help me out. I tried calling NHRA tech but no answer due to the Hoildays.
Thanks J.P.
jason patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts
Default Re: Stk. Elim. Buttons???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason patterson View Post
Dose anyone know what types of buttons they are going to let us use this year in Stk? I talked to a few people and everyone says something different. I hear that its going to have to be mounted on the brake or clutch pedals. No delay buttons! But I call Biondo and they say yes! I guess they just want to sell me one. I heared only a micro switches with no delay. If anyone has some new info on this subject that sure would help me out. I tried calling NHRA tech but no answer due to the Hoildays.
Thanks J.P.
The only switch you can have manually is for a line lock. Any other buttons such as for the two-step, must be on the brake pedal.

This is the latest rule:

Stock Cars
Page 144 (11/17/08)

ADD: Two step permitted. Two step must be foot activated through brake pedal, clutch pedal, or pressure switch. Hand release prohibited.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
Patrick Kelliher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is exactly why I am leaning toward getting rid of the 2-step and footbraking it. The rule seems so muddy and I foresee many changes over the next couple of years. Not to mention the interpretations by different tech guys. They can't toss me for a bad switch when it isn't there.
Patrick Kelliher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Sal Biondo
Sponsor

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason patterson View Post
But I call Biondo and they say yes! I guess they just want to sell me one. I heared only a micro switches with no delay. If anyone has some new info on this subject that sure would help me out. I tried calling NHRA tech but no answer due to the Hoildays.
Thanks J.P.
Jason,
Are you sure you called the right number?... JK Maybe someone here thought you said you ran S/S, that's all I can think.. Because the slower buttons are legal in S/S.
Sal
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
Sean Kennedy

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Sean Kennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Kelliher View Post
This is exactly why I am leaning toward getting rid of the 2-step and footbraking it. The rule seems so muddy and I foresee many changes over the next couple of years. Not to mention the interpretations by different tech guys. They can't toss me for a bad switch when it isn't there.
It's pretty simple.

If you want a two-step, it better be activated off of the brake pedal.

I suggest the pressure activated switch.
Sean Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
jason patterson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Biondo View Post
Jason,
Are you sure you called the right number?... JK Maybe someone here thought you said you ran S/S, that's all I can think.. Because the slower buttons are legal in S/S.
Sal
I talked to a guy (Don't remember his name) and I asked him can I use the delay button in Stk. He said yes. Maybe he thought I said S/S. No Big Deal. I didn't mean anything Bad about the comment Sal. Sorry! I got a stick car, and trying to figure out how to make a button on the clucth pedal for a leave rpm, and have a line lock with a burn out limter all in one , with the rules that I'm trying to understand. Its like this one button for line lock, then clucth pedal will be a leave rpm, where should I have the burn out rpm at? with the line lock? then again, when a stage the car how Im I going to use my line lock with the clucth pedal leave rpm? I'm new to this and this will be my first year with a stick car.
jason patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
Bill Belden

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Jason,
You can run only 1 switch for the two step and it has to activated by either the clutch pedal or the brake pedal. I e-mailed Len concerning a separate switch to activate the two step for the burnout and was told NO.
It burns my butt that us stick racers got caught in the button contoversy because of the automatic cars, we don't leave on a button, we leave on the clutch pedal.
Bill Belden is offline   Reply With Quote