HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
chevy620
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Converter for S/Comp, work for brackets too?

I have been away from S/Comp for abotu 5 years but I am thinking of hitting about 5 races in 2013. Currently I use a pretty loose (be that soft) hit converter to bracket race, We are about 1.07 60'.
Delay set at 1.130 or so. The math says we are good on the start line but I am more concerned about going on the stop in a few tenths then shifting to high on the stop then driving out in high gear.

Any converter recomendations?

632" BBChevy, 1010 HP @6300, small cam, 4.10 gear. 1890 lbs, 4-link dragster, 1250 Quick Fuel alky carb and #1 Stop with slotted blades.

Thanks for any info, trying to get a "package" together to start at Indy in 2013.

Jok
chevy620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
C and W Racing

Liked 10 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Converter for S/Comp, work for brackets too?

Call Greg at FTI. He can help you out with your converter questions. Also, in Figuring your math on that delay, are you accounting for the tree being .370 not .400
Chuck
C and W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
voltdr

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts

I would be worried about the 1250 while on the stop. Usually the bigger the carb the tougher it is to be real consistent while on the stop.
Dan
voltdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
chevy620
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last time we ran the 1250 on the stop, it was on gas, now it's alcohol, we also activated the in-line controller when the stop shut so it seemed really clean on the stop at about 4000 rpm.
Been a few years though.

Thanks, I will call Greg at FTI and probably a couple others and see if the answers are similar.

Jok
chevy620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
fatdog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Call kevin @ HUGHS CONVERTORS,GARY @1-STOP AND TELL THEM U WONT THE SAME THING ADCOCK AND TATUM IS USING.
fatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #6
sst7250

Liked 38 Times in 28 Posts

FWIW I have no found a stop converter and WOT converter to be one in the saem for my combo. My engine is juts under 1100hp. To stay consistent on the stop we need a tighter converter than what we use for all out runs. May make a difference in that mine is a heavier door car. We run 10.90 at 160 and with the stop converter but can only run in the 8 teens at 170 with that same converter. However with the looser converter we pick up .2 in ET all out. But it puts WAY to much heat in the converter on the stop. Likely has a lot to do with my combination of big bore short stroke motor that like RPM. I have tried 8 different converters from 3 companies and jst not found one that can do both well in my application. I do on the stop right awat and shift at .5 so i am on the converter for a long time. Hope this helps some and if you do fins one that does both perfectly would love to hear the results. I have been talking to A1 about one and they seem to think they can build one to do both. Thy do my converters for the heads up car as well.
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote