HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #511
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Wanting another racing association to add new classes for you guys sounds kinda like a Liberal deal, doesn't it? LMAO
Old 11-29-2017, 03:05 PM   #512
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wright View Post
Wanting another racing association to add new classes for you guys sounds kinda like a Liberal deal, doesn't it? LMAO
Agreed

Last edited by CrateCamaro; 12-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #513
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCamaro View Post
Shhhh everyone its on of the 50+ SS/JA bracket racers speaking. i truely feel bad for the NHRA sportsman racer being shadowed by fuel cars for how many years? Your car could do cartwheels and run 4 seconds under the index and you would still be shadowed by Force....shun to the back of the national dragster. Lots of sad years and with that attitude more to come.
Then why do you want to be a part of it?

The choice was made by racers to build an IHRA only car or a NHRA car (that would be legal at IHRA) Some choose the IHRA rout that's fine. Now IHRA said screw you and they are pissed at NHRA and the NHRA racers. Shouldn't you all be pissed at IHRA and maybe a little at your self for the choice you made. I seriously considered the CM option when there were some tracks in my area as I would love to use a Holly carb, But I decided that I was much better off with a combination that could be raced with either sanction. I did race with IHRA when they had divisional races in my area. They left I didn't leave them. But I was sure glad I made the right call on what car to build.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #514
CrateCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Then why do you want to be a part of it?

The choice was made by racers to build an IHRA only car or a NHRA car (that would be legal at IHRA) Some choose the IHRA rout that's fine. Now IHRA said screw you and they are pissed at NHRA and the NHRA racers. Shouldn't you all be pissed at IHRA and maybe a little at your self for the choice you made. I seriously considered the CM option when there were some tracks in my area as I would love to use a Holly carb, But I decided that I was much better off with a combination that could be raced with either sanction. I did race with IHRA when they had divisional races in my area. They left I didn't leave them. But I was sure glad I made the right call on what car to build.
Buddy im far from pissed at NHRA however they way their "sportsman" racers carry themselves on an open forum about possibly allowing IHRA racers enter their world is discusting. Im glad i built an ihra combo because i met alot of great tech officials and racers and made alot of friends. Im kinda glad i didnt build an NHRA combo because i cant imagine what its like hanging out with you guys when the races are done. Pass the Grey Poupon. When i do come race ill park on the road so you dont have to smell whats left over from my IHRA crate motor days. Id like to do a count of how many times ive been asked why i built a crate motor combo and why i built an IHRA only combo. Who cares. Question is why is it ok to have stocker with parachutes but a brand specific replacement engine offered by the manufacture combination is no good? Because NHRA never asked for your opinion they dont care what you think. There going to do what makes money and not worry what the entry level classes think. Imagine if NHRA folded up their sportsman classes to go forward with pro classes only. IHRA officials and racers would welcome you with high 5s, hand shakes and a cold open beer (for after the races lets make that clear) even if you had NHRA specific class allowances. Thats fact.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #515
Cdncarnut

Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
I have worked on my stuff for 9 years, and when you have that much time, ( its not the money) to be about faced by an organization that was supposedly "sportsman friendly", then you might agree with me. IF i wanted to built an NHRA stock combo i would, its that simple. Ive done it already and ill do it again but on my terms. Im voicing my opinion for the guys who race in our series and in other STK/SS Combo Series who shouldn't have to build a whole new combination just to race Stock. The same guys who like to attend 2 or 3 big races a year. Think about them for a minute. I have the drive to do it and the balls to dip into credit to make it happen. Some dont. And here we have more racers forced to enter ET1 or ET2 or fold it up. Alot of them will fold. They have the same passion for the class as an NHRA racer and they have to change it all because of casting numbers? Seems legit. That did i mention the rules are the same....almost a mirror image. Its easy for you Tom as you already have an NHRA combo. At the end of the day im the foolish one to think the opinions of the members of this forum have any relivancy to whats going to happen moving forward with the future of the IHRA combos. IHRA is so weak they could be bought by a corperation tomorrow and everything turned back to the way things were over night. Should us IHRA members run back? Trickey question. Moving further forward please dont pretend your some shooter with an NHRA combo because you will miss IHRA when your in the basement of an NHRA qualifying sheet. Harsh reality.
Tony, I understand your frustration. However, we all made choices when we bought or built our cars. After much soul searching I decided to look for or build a NHRA legal car as it allowed me to run in Brackets, IHRA and NHRA. For someone starting out, it was not the cheapest choice, but the best choice.
Since my purchase, I have not stopped pouring money into my project in order to make it more user friendly, more consistent and quicker, all with the same thought of ensuring that the final product is NHRA Legal and can qualify at an event.
It really does not matter where I qualify on the ladder, just that I qualify and get to race at the NHRA event.
The IHRA and NHRA were two different organizations, in competition with each other for attendance and the all mighty dollar. The IHRA lost the fight. From what I have seen, in my short time participating at this level, it was strictly due to lack of participation.
I really do not care what John Force, or any of the Forces do, as long as I have a place to race.
I'm not sure why you think that he NHRA should just pick up your or any other IHRA class. From what I can see, they have enough classes and more participants than there are spaces.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:03 PM   #516
novassdude

Liked 133 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Buddy im far from pissed at NHRA however they way their "sportsman" racers carry themselves on an open forum about possibly allowing IHRA racers enter their world is discusting. Im glad i built an ihra combo because i met alot of great tech officials and racers and made alot of friends. Im kinda glad i didnt build an NHRA combo because i cant imagine what its like hanging out with you guys when the races are done. Pass the Grey Poupon. When i do come race ill park on the road so you dont have to smell whats left over from my IHRA crate motor days. Id like to do a count of how many times ive been asked why i built a crate motor combo and why i built an IHRA only combo. Who cares. Question is why is it ok to have stocker with parachutes but a brand specific replacement engine offered by the manufacture combination is no good? Because NHRA never asked for your opinion they dont care what you think. There going to do what makes money and not worry what the entry level classes think. Imagine if NHRA folded up their sportsman classes to go forward with pro classes only. IHRA officials and racers would welcome you with high 5s, hand shakes and a cold open beer (for after the races lets make that clear) even if you had NHRA specific class allowances. Thats fact.
Wouldn't you have met all the same people if you had a NHRA legal car running IHRA?

I really don't care I don't take the car out much (still have it pretty much ready to go anytime I wish) I have no want or desire to run national events. Divisional races and local combos is more to my liking. I could care less if the combos allow IHRA cars.
I think the issue most have with allowing the IHRA cars is National event entries are getting hard to come by and they don't want it to get any worse.
novassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #517
CrateCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by novassdude View Post
Wouldn't you have met all the same people if you had a NHRA legal car running IHRA?

I really don't care I don't take the car out much (still have it pretty much ready to go anytime I wish) I have no want or desire to run national events. Divisional races and local combos is more to my liking. I could care less if the combos allow IHRA cars.
I think the issue most have with allowing the IHRA cars is National event entries are getting hard to come by and they don't want it to get any worse.
What im saying hypithetically is if there was NHRA specific classes that IHRA didnt contest. Thats what i meant. Yea buddy combo races are where its at now unfortunatly for the blue collared racer like yourself and me. Thats all we have time for or can afford in the budget and im ok with that i think they are great.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #518
Bruce Noland
VIP Member

Liked 444 Times in 145 Posts

There is no point banging on the NHRA racers because you may have an obsolete race car. The crate motor racers still have options. They can switch over to Stocker motors. They can start their own racing association. They can attend bracket races. They can sell their cars and buy Stockers or they can quit. Just to name a few. It's not that hard to figure out. But banging on the NHRA racers won't change a thing.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:32 PM   #519
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Noland View Post
There is no point banging on the NHRA racers because you may have an obsolete race car. The crate motor racers still have options. They can switch over to Stocker motors. They can start their own racing association. They can attend bracket races. They can sell their cars and buy Stockers or they can quit. Just to name a few. It's not that hard to figure out. But banging on the NHRA racers won't change a thing.
^^^^^ There ya go!
Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #520
CrateCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdncarnut View Post
Tony, I understand your frustration. However, we all made choices when we bought or built our cars. After much soul searching I decided to look for or build a NHRA legal car as it allowed me to run in Brackets, IHRA and NHRA. For someone starting out, it was not the cheapest choice, but the best choice.
Since my purchase, I have not stopped pouring money into my project in order to make it more user friendly, more consistent and quicker, all with the same thought of ensuring that the final product is NHRA Legal and can qualify at an event.
It really does not matter where I qualify on the ladder, just that I qualify and get to race at the NHRA event.
The IHRA and NHRA were two different organizations, in competition with each other for attendance and the all mighty dollar. The IHRA lost the fight. From what I have seen, in my short time participating at this level, it was strictly due to lack of participation.
I really do not care what John Force, or any of the Forces do, as long as I have a place to race.
I'm not sure why you think that he NHRA should just pick up your or any other IHRA class. From what I can see, they have enough classes and more participants than there are spaces.
Agreed

Last edited by CrateCamaro; 12-02-2017 at 04:17 PM.