HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock Tech
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2021, 09:19 PM   #21
carlm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock eliminator Lifters

Hey Larry, how ya been??
Can you thro them in the ultra sonic taken apart or will it hurt the puck bonding,, mice got into the valley of my bagged motor.. cleaning everything was brand new assembly but had been sitting.going to put in tool steel trends though.
Carl
C/sa 3054..retired
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:25 PM   #22
carlm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Retired but still workin.

Last edited by carlm; 12-17-2021 at 09:28 PM.
carlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:01 AM   #23
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,792 Times in 571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm View Post
Anybody interested in a set of schubecks for a 440 stocker?? 😀
I am interested in them.
I can fix or clean them myself.

PM me
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #24
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,422 Times in 1,951 Posts

You may want to keep them for a camshaft brake in fixture. That’s how I use mine. The fixture is a clean block with good cam bearings and has the set of used mains turned upside down to block oil holes held in place by the caps. Old heads with stock used OEM single springs w/o damper. Eight pushrods, two rocker shafts with adjustable rockers, head gasket (the ones you can’t use..... to thick or to thin) , a few head bolts. The following are all clean but used; oil pickup, oil pump with new filter, oil pump drive, cam gear, and timing chain cover. JEGS engine cradle and a fabricated adapter to bolt to the cam so the 1/2” drill will spin the cam, operate oil pump and 1/2 of valve train. Don’t forget to cut hole in front cover drive adapter and prelude everything
Install 16 lifters add six qts Driven BR 30
Install the pushrods in a skip one firing order. If order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 Instal 1-4-6-7 pushrods. Run for 45 minutes then change pushrods to 8-3-5-2 and run for 45 minutes.
My friend Jerry Newsome figured this out year’s ago. We would still loose a cam and engine when a puck would break.
Thank goodness for the new stuff that doesn’t brake.
Larry Hill is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-19-2021, 07:31 PM   #25
Jim Parsons

Liked 128 Times in 23 Posts

This is a little off the subject but Camshaft buyers beware! I recently purchased a steel camshaft form one of the major cam suppliers for my stocker and was told by the owner there would be no problem on delivery as we have plenty of “new” cores. When it arrived in a couple of weeks I tried fitting it in a couple of blocks and determined it hadn’t been finished machined on length, too long! When talking to them about this issue and its return I also noticed it had two serial numbers stamped on it. A little closer inspection I realized they had sent me a regrind! I then stated I wanted a “new” cam liked I had paid for and not the regrind. Upon receiving it back they agreed that yes the second serial number indicated it had “originally been ground as a roller” and they would supply me a “new” cam to my specs. In a few days I received another call saying the owner had changed his mind and I should take the original one they supplied which had been corrected on length. I declined and asked for a refund which they agreed to.

Jim Parsons
Jim Parsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #26
RonB

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Trend is backlogged and cannot ship lifters until April. So, anyone have any experience with Howard Cams tool steel lifters?

Thanks / Ron B.
RonB is offline   Reply With Quote