Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #41
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

Marc,
Going back to the old points now would be a slap in the face. Now in 2010 if they put in the rules that if TOC is rained out they will go figure the old points I would be fine with that. Like Beard said, I only ran 2 nationals because I was going to be in.
The race must be finished.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #42
mcaruso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

just having some fun....
mcaruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #43
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Damien,

Pugsley is calling you out because you're now saying that you dislike the TOC format, but back when we first had the discussion about it you said you liked it 97.75691%.

As for the IHRA and TOC race, split the money to those that showed up and move on in life. This race is not going to be run in 2009, and the IHRA as we knew it is dead. They're nothing but a glorified monster truck show with drag cars. If you want to support an alternative sanctioning body to NHRA, support the new AHRA which appears will be contesting all of the usual sportsman classes. They can't possibly do any worse of a job that what IHRA management did.

Why they ran the Sportsnationals race on the same weekend is beyond me. If you want to make it lucrative for racers to come down (2 for 1), run the Sportsnationals race AFTER the TOC, and give the winner of that race entry into the 2010 TOC race. Get the important business out of the way, and leave time for the fun race, weather and time permitting.

And you can't go back to figuring out points after the fact. People won their entry to the TOC and stopped going to additional events. So, you can't penalize them because they won early.

If this race is going to be run in 2010, why bother. To crown the 2009 champions? Yeah, congratulations. You get to enjoy being the champ for all of a week until the next Nitro Jam event (they're not called "National Events" anymore, because they're not events, just circus side shows). No awards ceremony or pomp and circumstance for you. Here's your dumb dusty trophy from last year and a check, now get out of our face. You may as well just make it like any other race, and if you want to make it extra special, double the payout. Though I doubt that will happen.

Here's another idea - how about if IHRA does reschedule the race eventually (according to the Mayan's, after 12/21/2012 should be free for everybody), why doesn't IHRA offer up tow money to all the competitors that made the trip the first time? Yeah, I'll hold my breath waiting for that one.

This fiasco doesn't affect me in the least, other than the fact that I'm tired of seeing my sportsman racing brethren getting ***** upon.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse than NHRA's management...
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #44
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
As for the IHRA and TOC race, split the money to those that showed up and move on in life.
Again, why should this be treated different than any other national event? If Pomona rains out, will you expect NHRA to just split the money among the potential championship contenders? Doesn't make any sense. You have to crown World Champions, and you have to RACE for it, in my opinion.

Quote:
Why they ran the Sportsnationals race on the same weekend is beyond me.
1) To give racers one last shot to qualify for the TOC
2) To make the weekend financially viable. Remember, there's no "entry fee" for the TOC. IHRA and the track have to make some money somewhere. Would a track reasonably take on an event where the ONLY income was from spectators/crew? Sportsman payouts are still a sizable nut to crack.

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. We were all presented with a worst case scenario. The issue now is how to deal with it. At this point, I would like them to make a decision, period.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #45
Nova4301

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well an email or letter has been sent out from IHRA prompting the qualifiers to give some feedback on how to handle this. First of all, I must say that this is the first year for the TOC and it uncovered the fact that it really needs a back up plan in place.

Unlike an NHRA national event that gets rained out and rescheduled and possibly most of the same people show back up because they are travelers and can maybe account work-wise and leave-wise for this situation, this TOC was a one-time deal for 2009 for alot of people so it should be handled a little differently. I just hope it gets decided soon...
Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #46
TCOONLY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

everyone should have gotten an e mail yestersday. i got mine in the afternoon and expressed my belief that this should be raced to decide the winner and not split up.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #47
JJ3159

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too beleive this race needs to be run to determine its champion in each class.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #48
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Oldfield View Post
Damien,

Pugsley is calling you out because you're now saying that you dislike the TOC format, but back when we first had the discussion about it you said you liked it 97.75691%....
And in the origional discussion I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog:.....
I do not agree 100% with the format (about 95%), but I will support it 100%.
Which is the same way I feel now. All your eggs in one basket is what I dislike about the TOC format. Soooooooooo, I still don't get it?? Calling me out on what????
Old 11-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #49
S/ST4707

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For those wanting it raced to conclusion, would it make a difference where the it was scheduled? How about a good central location like Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Sid Norwood
S/ST4707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #50
THE LEGEND
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Sid,
You must've flunked Geography.
Baton Rouge is not centrally located for IHRA.
Chip
THE LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote