HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #11
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts
Default Re: Does this make any sense?

If we could have left things alone, none of this would be happening. All you guys that beat the drum to do away with buttons now uncovered another pandoras box. We should just go back to the superstock rule with no transbrakes or linelocs, LIKE THE WAY IT WAS...
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I may be a little slow but ?whats exactly allowed with the line lock? is it possible to do a burnout with a two step now without a complicated set up? Maybe it would have been better to get rid of 2 step alltogheter..and all buttons..that would have been clear to everyone!

Last edited by bsa633; 11-25-2007 at 07:13 PM.
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
danny waters sr
VIP Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Does this make any sense?

All you have to do for a burnout is have a toggle switch to flip on for your 2-step for burnout and then use your regular lineloc button for lineloc .the toggle switck will allow the 2-step to operate while you are using the lineloc .when you are through with your burnout ,just simply turn your 2-step toggle switch off .then you are in no way using the lineloc to activate more than one thing..I personally would love to see STOCK go back the old way as it was intended to be..If it don't i will just go with the flow and just grin and bare it.. As for the stick cars ,you could put two buttons closley together and bridge them to activate the 2-step launch and hold lieloc as well with the other button.you will have two seperate buttons and will be operating only one thing per button...
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #14
bsa633
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
All you have to do for a burnout is have a toggle switch to flip on for your 2-step for burnout and then use your regular lineloc button for lineloc .the toggle switck will allow the 2-step to operate while you are using the lineloc .when you are through with your burnout ,just simply turn your 2-step toggle switch off .then you are in no way using the lineloc to activate more than one thing...
just what i need...one more way to loose the race when you forget to restore the toggle switch..
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny waters sr View Post
..I personally would love to see STOCK go back the old way as it was intended to be..
me too!
bsa633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #15
Jim Bailey

Liked 505 Times in 104 Posts
Wink Re: Does this make any sense?

Mark, I'd be really careful about calling out the NHRA Tech guys by saying," they have no understanding nor "COJONES"." (Especially since you've admitted to cheating by having your line lock and two step hitched together.)
You may need to add a cherry picker to your trailer equipment for the next several races.

Get rid of two steps and buttons completely in Stock Elim.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:14 AM   #16
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,418 Times in 1,683 Posts

Jim, First of all, I was talking about the "rules committee " whoever that is. I talked to Bruce at Vegas and he said he would try to get the stickshift business clarified and separated from the automatic ruling. Apparently ,they went out on a coffee break , instead of dealing with it.
Now as far as me cheating, I've had linelocks and two steps on the same switch since 1993, with the wiring all laid out in plain sight. No one ever said a thing about it, or even looked at it, for that matter.
I just re-read section 8.2 of the general regs, and I can't see where my deal is illegal .
It says ' one splice is permitted from the two step to the solenoid (i.e. between the switch and solenoid"
anyone want to guess what the hell that means?
We are not talking about IHRA here ,either, (nearest track, 1000 miles)
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM   #17
jdfpam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jim and Todd,
I agree. Get rid of them altogether, and we wouldn't have to worry about it.
I have never raced a stick car so I can't say too much on that. But, at a local track (Magnolia Drag Strip) they ran a class for over 10 years called Nostaglia Stick. No two steps, no electronics, and those racers did just fine without it. If those guys could race without it, so could NHRA/IHRA racers. By the way, that class was awesome to watch.....those guys would just rev em up and dump the clutch. It was the spectators favoritve class by far.

my .02.

JEFF
jdfpam is offline   Reply With Quote