Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #11
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Now that NHRA is officially a SPORTSMAN Organization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adger Smith View Post
A race with Stock, Super Stock & even Comp & the .90 classes could be considered "One of the Best Car Shows" you can attend. Just think of all there is to see and the diversity. Why isn't it marketed that way to muscle car era guys to share with their children & grand children?? It could also be marketed to the generation after the muscle car generation to show them what their Fathers & Grandfathers raced/lived through. It's time to show some creativity to get spectators back at the divisional series races instead of trying to make ALL the money from just the pit gate. There are a few owners/promoters that do market divisional events & fill the stands. Just look at the No Problem races & the Norwalk divisional race. Just the Norwalk divisional probably had more spectators than all the other Div.3 races combined. Then Pat knows his market & works it better than most other Div 4 track owners do at Divisional races. Those are just 2 race tracks that make it on more than the pit gate. Don't tell me they are the only two markets in the country that can do it. Why is Pinks so hot right now? I think it is because they have more to market than just performance & they have found out HOW to draw interest to themselves. (market their product) Sportsman racing, NHRA & IHRA style, has just as much if not more than Pinks to market. It is time to get in gear with promoting Sportsman Racing.
ditto

I saw an hour show with Don Garlits showing cars sitting in a field. Virtually every car I have seen at an NHRA race. Wouldn't that be much more entertaining? Wouldn't Big Daddy support it more?

Ron, Agree 100%. Stock and Super Stock racers are built from a group of professional people who love the sport. Surely we have the talent to kick a first class promotion off. I say some wheel standers at St Louis Open with Bret or Unk narrating with cameras in strategic places. Guarantee the Pontiac will be on the back bumper as I cant seem to get enough weight on the front.

I wonder what Pamela Anderson would look like in her Bay Watch suit coming off a Pontiac wheel stand? Of course Annette said she would own all my cars after that tape. (Ha like she doesn't own them anyway, shhhh! don't tell her.) Maybe one of you single guys? The insta-cam has got to record some interesting bodily G-forces!

Lynn

Last edited by Lynn A McCarty; 11-24-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #12
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett Vassar View Post
Ever watch Barrett -Jackson on SPEED Everybody does.Even my wife will watch it.Things really heat up when a classic muscle car or even an old race car hit the stage.Does NHRA not realize they have a place full of these cars at natl and div races.You think they would see the huge interest and capitalize on it with a little T.V. time.
Double Trick Throw Down Ditto!

Lynn
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

Pamela Anderson would look just fine no matter what you filmed her in the process of doing, If you don't think that's true your on the wrong forum......
Old 11-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

TOP/SS and TOP/STK are for just your reasons. Get more action for the spectator. Re appeal to the sponsors with a "SHOW" and have more fun doing it again. Everyone is welcome and just keep an open mind as this might now be perfect for everyone yet but they are honest efforts to include more racers in a Show and appeal to spectators. Hope you consider changing your racing combinations to join the racing. If not at this time just recognize it is an attempt to do what you are talking about. THANKS.
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote