HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 10-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 971 Times in 296 Posts
Default Mid Atlantic .90 Series Crowns Champs at Atco

Atco Dragway – Atco, NJ – The Mid Atlantic .90 Association crowned its 2017 Champions after an action packed weekend of racing. All three series champions came down to the final day with Race # 10. In Super Comp Amanda Boicesco became the first women champion of the series and the first Father – Daughter duo to win a championship as she joined her father Iggie who is a multiple time MASGA Champion. She did so after the closest competitor Bill Hardifer red-lighted in the 3rd round ending his hope at the championship. In Super Gas, a battle ensued between George Smith, Derek Clark & Tom Goldman. Once the dust had settled for the weekend all three racers held the points lead at least once in a 48 hour period. In the end George Smith and his “Livewire” Camaro would claim his first MASGA championship by defeating Clark in the 2nd round and clinching the championship after a tough semi-final race with Mike Handras. The final class to be settled was Super Street. Martin Ganjoin needed a lot to happen for him to be claimed Champion at days end on Sunday. Sitting in 3rd place and behind by almost 5 rounds to point’s leaded Dom Burgese, Ganjoin was determined to go for the gold. Early exits by Burgese and 2nd place Keith Mayers on Saturday gave him the opportunity he needed and he took full advantage by winning Race # 9 and taking over the points lead. On Sunday, with a crowd watching on Burgese lost in the 1st round and Mayers bowed out in the 2nd round opening the door for Marty. When Rick Mattioli lost in the semi-finals it officially clinched the championship for Ganjoin. All three champions are first time winners of the series and will be celebrated at the annual banquet in 2018.

As far as the racing results go on Saturday, Race # 9 concluded with Jay Neville taking the win in Super Comp over John Martin. This was Jay’s first win in a dragster for in which he was driving for bracket racer Steve Everett Sr. In the finals Jay laid down a .021 thousand package for the win. In Super Gas it was a Father vs. Son final as Oscar Olt took down his son Nick Olt in identical Don Davis built Roadsters with an almost perfect 9.901 to Nick’s breakout 9.831. As previously mentioned Marty Ganjoin took over the points lead on Saturday with his 2nd win of the season with a 10.904 to 10.896 victory over Dave Bergfeldt beautiful 69 Camaro. As the sun rose on a beautiful Sunday and the championships already decided, it was time to hand out the final trophies of 2017. In Super Comp, Don Bangs took his second win of the season in only his third race as he got extremely lucky in the finals. Racing Walter Olt, Bangs, had a mechanical issue which slowed him to a 9.294 but, Olt broke out to a 8.881 handing the win to Bangs. In Super Gas, 2017 Champion George Smith not only took the championship but, also the event victory when Joe Eckel lit the dreaded red-light in his 3rd final of the season. The final race of the day concluded when Atco favorite Dave Harvey Jr. took the win in Super Street foot braking his way to a victory over first time finalist Ryan Roberts Nova 10.936 to 10.938 decision.

As we put a wraps on the 2017 season, I just want to take some time and give a big thanks to all the racers, sponsors and members for making this series what it is today. Without the support of these people there would be no Mid Atlantic .90 series. As I’ve said time and time again I’m just a small piece of the puzzle that gets everyone to attend and support the series. So from me to you the racer, THANK YOU for believing in me, the series and the vision I have for the future. Let's ROCK 2018!!!!

Also check out the series tonight on an episode of SOUTH JERSEY SPEED that airs at 7:30 on Wednesday Night. I had the honor and please to be interviewed by their host Nina. This is a great new series that just started this year and features drag racing from Atco, Dirt Track racing at Bridgeport and Millville Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ. Here is the link for those of you who don’t get it:

http://www.snjtoday.com/story/357606...h-jersey-speed
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote