HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2023, 10:11 PM   #21
Tuffbox56

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Beware of CSR Performance

Ken Keir Race Cars sells a really nice lightweight trans blanket/shield. Keeps heat down works on metric and th350s.Give ken a call he is super reaponsive and sells great products...
301 704 7046
Tuffbox56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #22
DG

Liked 324 Times in 80 Posts

Thought I would give an update on my Trans shield order from CSR. In September CSR called me to say the trans shield was going to production and shipping by the end of the week. They charged my credit card. Of course the shield has not arrived and this morning they claimed it would go out the first week of January. If I had other options for my race car, I would cancel the order, but I do not have options. If I don't get it in January, I will definitely work through my credit card to get my money back.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 05:01 PM   #23
Ed Carpenter
Live Reporter

Liked 504 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Thought I would give an update on my Trans shield order from CSR. In September CSR called me to say the trans shield was going to production and shipping by the end of the week. They charged my credit card. Of course the shield has not arrived and this morning they claimed it would go out the first week of January. If I had other options for my race car, I would cancel the order, but I do not have options. If I don't get it in January, I will definitely work through my credit card to get my money back.
Terrible. Sorry that you didn’t hear about them before you ordered. They’ve been awful for along time….
Ed Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 05:06 PM   #24
FLEMING

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

Reading this post.. .made me just order an aftermarket powerglide case instead of fooling with buying a new shield or trying to get csr to recert the one i have
FLEMING is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 12-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #25
Terry Cain

Liked 224 Times in 103 Posts

Question.
Are there not fake SFI stickers flying around that could be placed on Chineze made junk?
Liked
Old 12-13-2023, 11:42 PM   #26
crose

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I joined the CSR no delivery club back in July Sent in my super shield to recertify and because of one small modification they sent it back. She said they were going to produce a new one for me within 60 days and charged my credit card. I called every month since October and the promise is any day now it will be shipped. I am going to have to get with my credit card company to see if they can reverse the charge Hopefully they can since she billed me back in July
crose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:29 AM   #27
curtis reed

Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts

I have a CSR glide shield that I bought off a guy and it's in the box never used. The cert has ran out and I was going to send it in to be re-certed. I just couldn't pull the trigger because I was afraid I would never see it again and be out the money I spent buying plus the shipping cost. LOL I guess it will sit on the shelf or find it's way on to something that doesn't need a SFI sticker.
curtis reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 01:49 PM   #28
340Cuda
VIP Member

Liked 683 Times in 292 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis reed View Post
I have a CSR glide shield that I bought off a guy and it's in the box never used. The cert has ran out and I was going to send it in to be re-certed. I just couldn't pull the trigger because I was afraid I would never see it again and be out the money I spent buying plus the shipping cost. LOL I guess it will sit on the shelf or find it's way on to something that doesn't need a SFI sticker.
I sent a shield in for recertification in February of 2022. They were not making shields at that time because of supply chain issues (probably true).

They turned it around in a day or two.

Bill
340Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 10:47 PM   #29
goinbroke2

Liked 175 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Stock/Super Stock - Beginning January 1, 2024, SFI Flexplate mandatory on all V8 vehicles.
I see 10.99 or quicker, where does it say all?

Edit: Just found it...I guess I have to spend more money...to run in the 14's, LOL!!! Good news is they are cheaper than I thought.

Last edited by goinbroke2; 12-14-2023 at 11:14 PM.
goinbroke2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 09:14 AM   #30
curtis reed

Liked 89 Times in 50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340Cuda View Post
I sent a shield in for recertification in February of 2022. They were not making shields at that time because of supply chain issues (probably true).

They turned it around in a day or two.

Bill

Thanks Bill
curtis reed is offline   Reply With Quote