Old 10-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #11
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Question Re: Slow averages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Hill View Post
Q Data is the time listed on the final qualifying sheet that was used to ladder the cars, it includes all legal runs during qualifying and first round of Class. First round of class is always a Q data run. Second round of class and all elimination runs go into the E data runs. Each race has only one Q data run, the fastest run made in qualifying. The E data runs for a race such as the Gainesville could be as high as 10. Getting to the finals of race would be 7 E data points and if you raced 4 rounds of class that would give you 3 more E data points.

I think NHRA is doing a good job keeping us all informed on the performance of all racers. I really liked the time when NHRA listed all Q and E data run by car number and name.
Thanks Larry, but now I'm going to wish the 2nd points race in Salt Lake City, would've been run as scheduled, instead of altered because of the weather so I could see a true change in the performance of my car after trying a new set of spark plugs. Since my average et was -0.2918, I'll be looking forward to seeing if racing at a lower altitude track than there will help improve my cars ability to run further under the index?
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote