HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
chijb55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rare Racing Stickers

Looking for any information - photos or scans would be awesome - of a some vintage stickers I need to complete an old collection (Dan Gurney AAR circa 1970). I'm (long) past trying to find originals of many of these - some seem so rare as to defy logic. But I can do a lot to Photoshop a reasonable facsimile, if I have something to work from. Any help, so greatly appreciated.

All of these are from the 1970's era. Not looking for actual stickers - just reasonable pictures of them so I can try to reproduce for my collection. Not for resale - just completing a long-lost but rediscovered treasure.

1. "National Eliminator"? SUPER RARE. Anyone know what this was - an engine, an oil, a filter, etc? I can't find any reference to it, but I know that it was around in 1970. Impossibly low-res scan from the original 1970 catalog is all I have, although I have tried my best to Photoshop it here:

2. "Headers By Ed". (Update: FOUND!) I at least have some background on this, and I know what it is. But any images of the original 1970-era sticker (beyond what I have) would be appreciated.

3. "Web Filters". (Update: FOUND!) Probably a cool name in 1970, in 2015 really difficult to do a generic search for.

4. "Tiger Muffler". Offered originally via Grand Safgard, I can find low-res versions of this on rare muffler boxes on eBay from time to time. But getting a reasonable picture of the tiger sticker is very hard.

5. "Chapman Engineering" - Photoshopped from earlier scans. I've found their "RAM Air" sticker, but not this one.

6. "Dow Unicorn". (Update: FOUND!) Like a real unicorn, I can't find this anywhere. Not on any car, etc. Any (real) pictures would be amazing.

7. "Meguiar". (Update: FOUND!) Still around, vs many of the above. But this old knight/sheild image is really hard to find.

8. "Gates Cooling System" Adding one to this list, not that anyone reads it anymore <grin>.

Again, I'm not looking for actual stickers, and certainly not originals. Just any reasonable photos (color or b&w) of these images so I have something to work with. I'm not buying the stickers - that money went into the basement <grin> - but looking for a decent res picture of these.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by chijb55; 02-08-2016 at 01:39 PM.
chijb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
prostockpete1

Liked 71 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: Rare Racing Stickers

let me get home & dig out my 10 Rubbermaid tubs of decals from as far back in late 60's ... will have to go thu each brown manila envelope in this multi thousand collection by alphabet & mite get lucky .. will advise
prostockpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
georgep3689

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

www.nostalgicracingdecals.com
georgep3689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Jimbo17

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I can recreate all the images for you.

The new images will be made as victor graphics so that they can be made in contingency sizes if need be.

727-455-6141 Jim Hill Nostalgic Racing Decals
Jimbo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
chijb55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo17 View Post
I can recreate all the images for you.

The new images will be made as victor graphics so that they can be made in contingency sizes if need be.

727-455-6141 Jim Hill Nostalgic Racing Decals
Jimbo17! To the rescue. Thank you, I will certainly be in touch.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:50 PM   #6
chijb55

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Still looking for any information though on the "National Elimianator" sticker. Neither Jimbo17 or I can identify this company - though likely an engine company circa 1970. Anyone with any information - or photos of cars with this sticker? - would be appreciated.