HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Competition

Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #11
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: ???Don Eckel & Mike Saye CRASH at Z-Max???

Glad everyone is ok, or as well as can be expected..........the thing that upsets me is .......being home watching & listening....never heard anything about.............no body wants to bash the sport or nhra, but its nice to know the real stories, not just what they want you to know..............it reminds me of the year of the keystones when numerous trailers & race cars were under water & the owners came back the next day looking for their trailers only to find that they were towed out of the water.......thanks to some dedicated maple grove employees / nhra & a backhoe..............we took several pictures & sent them into the " dragster " just so people could see what can happen when mother nature roars, but nothing was said or no pictures posted......................again. I'm glad you guys are ok, & i hope this type of information doesn't fall between the cracks....if not for this web site i would have never known, not to mention others who did not know.......
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #12
Bob Lasko

Liked 168 Times in 49 Posts

Don, Did not know yoou were in the cash.glad to here your ok.To bad about the car,can be replaced.Again if it wasn't for this site,I would not have known.
Bob Lasko
SS/CS
Bob Lasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #13
Dave Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: ???Don Eckel & Mike Saye CRASH at Z-Max???

Relatively simple. Car on exit hole side of the track ALWAYS has the right of way. When that car is by, the other lane car has a clear path off the track. Odd car need a push or pull? Safety first at the cost of periodic inconvenience.

Regards,
Dave Robertson
Dave Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #14
Don Eckel 111

Liked 69 Times in 12 Posts

Dear Mr. Johnny-Come-Lately, simple would have been if the green-gloved idiot at the end of the track knew what was going on in front of him.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #15
Dave Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: ???Don Eckel & Mike Saye CRASH at Z-Max???

No real need to get snarky about my suggestion. There was an accident, wasn't there? Somebody assumed something. If it was like I said, there would have been direction to allow the inside car to finish his route, FOLLOWED by the crossover.No one wants to see any racers wrecked or worse still injured. Oh by the way on your "Johnny come Lately" comment, I was on a crew for a national level record holder in the 60's. At that time some tracks lacked guardrails, much less barriers.I can understand the incident was upsetting and disappointing to both you and your racing program. All I said was standardize the format.

Regards,
Dave Robertson
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
Dave Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No real need to get snarky about my suggestion. There was an accident, wasn't there? Somebody assumed something. If it was like I said, there would have been direction to allow the inside car to finish his route, FOLLOWED by the crossover.No one wants to see any racers wrecked or worse still injured. Oh by the way on your "Johnny come Lately" comment, I was on a crew for a national level record holder in the 60's. At that time some tracks lacked guardrails, much less barriers.I can understand the incident was upsetting and disappointing to both you and your racing program. All I said was standardize the format.

Regards,
Dave Robertson
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM   #17
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robertson View Post

Regards,
Dave Robertson
Well we didn't know you were a pit bitch in the 60s....well that changes everything.....why didn' you say that in the first place....now we know how to race from here out because NOTHING has changed from the 60s to today!

The crew guys know everything the drivers are just idiots behind the wheel I guess.

Thanks for your input....
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #18
Dave Robertson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

like i said before, onl;y a suggestion to further safety. common sense isn't limited to the drivers, the crews or the spectators. Don't see many of the chirpers in the all time winners circles. More than a pleasure to sign off from this jerkoff site.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #19
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

we are not asking for you to sign off.....what we are asking is to not be ignorant with someone elses problems and understand that a car going 7.0s VS a car running 10-11s cant make the decision to STOP on the track and let the other guy come by him when there is a person REGULATING the turn off procedure
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #20
wsmracing
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: ???Don Eckel & Mike Saye CRASH at Z-Max???

chris, your everywhere..............tommy d tought you good..........i heard macy's is looking for a new pr man , just in time for the parade...........................your the ticket............glad to see your on top of things......................................see ya at the banquet...!

wayne
wsmracing is offline   Reply With Quote