HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Class Racer Builds
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Cylinder Head Prototype Project

Well, its been a long time coming but the day is finally here. I intended to do numerous videos to add to the site but as my fathers birthday drew near, it just made sense to go live with the campaign on his birthday. So here it is for all see.

The website below details the cylinder head design and how you can contribute to making the prototype a reality. I will also post the crowdfunding link as well. Please enjoy and if you decide to make a contribution, please spread the word! Thanks and welcome to Project Mo-Power!

Sincerely, Adriel Paradise

Project Link: https://a-paradise.squarespace.com/

Support Link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...ower/x/9984051

Attached photo shows 8 total configurations, 4 different valve layouts for the wedge style and 4 different valve layouts for the canted style.

Also, if anyone has any questions regarding the project, please feel free to email me directly at adrielparadise@yahoo.com or post those questions here thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V301 C Cylinder Head Rocker Assembly 12-4.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	28185   Click image for larger version

Name:	V301 Cylinder Head Display.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	28186   Click image for larger version

Name:	V301 W Cylinder Head Rocker Assembly 22-5.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	28187  

Last edited by cutta; 04-17-2015 at 10:42 PM.
cutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:48 AM   #2
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Cylinder Head Prototype Project

Quick update, made a little progress today in terms of funding and support with a few individuals offering there services and others who have made financial contributions to the project. I'm hopeful that the progress will continue. I have made some changes to both sites to clarify how funds raised will be used.

In gauging everyone's feedback it seems as though I have missed the mark with the perks I've offered in exchange for any contributions. I really thought it would've been an opportunity for people to let their voice be heard by giving their input. Definitely my mistake. So, I will let you guys decide on a new perk to add to the project in addition to what's available so I look forward to your input in that regard.
What do you think? Highest bid gets the final cylinder head assembly and trademark naming rights?

Also, I want to clarify that any contribution amount will be accepted. 25cents, $1, $5, or whatever. Any of those contributions give you an opportunity to get involved. Indiegogo kind of makes that confusing since it is formatted to show one value to receive the perk. That however is not the case. Please follow suit with the ranges that are posted on the website. Upon making a contribution, I will send an email to you to record your vote.

So far its a toss up between the Wedge Configuration #2 and the Canted Configuration #2.

Again, thanks everyone for the kind words and support, its very much appreciated!

Lastly, I want to make it very clear that I have no intentions of maximizing a profit margin with these heads. If these heads make it to market, I plan on offering them at the cost of making the part with little to no profit margin. At most maybe 1% of the total. I believe its much more important to try to make these cylinder heads as accessible as possible than worry about turning a profit. I know, I know, its not a smart business decision, I'm crazy, its naive, etc etc.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:03 PM   #3
Wailin D

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is a very exciting project! Good to see you putting your degree to good use! Here are my 2 cents. It is my opinion that the Mopar hobby does not need another wedge head that does not offer significant performance improvement over existing wedge heads. It is a limited design (unless you go to a 5 in. bore spacing block). I feel even stronger that the Mopar hobby doesn't need another non-Mopar canted valve design. Just my opinion. However, I think a maxed out polysphere design (semi-hemi) or a small cc hemi design (think 3G Hemi) would be the way to go and appeal to a wider Mopar audience. Looking forward to your updates!
Wailin D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

This information is puzzling/troubling to me.

In no way am I questioning the ethics of the poster because I know nothing of the person. The thing is, it seems to me there are many questions and doubts raised by an unknown person who is asking for money to build a product for a limited market and then explains part of the plan to not make a profit.

In addition, build a product that he has never built when the market has a number of completely capable and proven companies.

This situation seems strange to me.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
cutta

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragsinger View Post
This information is puzzling/troubling to me.

In no way am I questioning the ethics of the poster because I know nothing of the person. The thing is, it seems to me there are many questions and doubts raised by an unknown person who is asking for money to build a product for a limited market and then explains part of the plan to not make a profit.

In addition, build a product that he has never built when the market has a number of completely capable and proven companies.

This situation seems strange to me.
Larry, I saw your post and I understand your concerns. I just want to explain my mindset as the sole designer of this cylinder head and project. Also I would like to address your concerns.

As to making a minimal profit. First, I am a mopar fan to the core. Me and my family have raced a mopar since my childhood. So I want to continue to advance the capability of mopar based engines. Now, growing up around drag racing you begin to develop a love for certain classes and being a mopar fan, your going to look for mopar cars in those classes. It became obvious to me that mopar racers had limited options when looking to achieve certain HP levels in a naturally aspirated application. Being an individual looking to race in Comp Eliminator one day, I took it upon myself to design something new. Further, I understand that this design iS for a limited market and I could adopt one of two strategies; maximize profit margins or take a minimal profit and offer it at cost. Now here's the key to me. If my goal is to see more mopar racers out there racing in these classes, which of those strategies is more beneficial to making that happen? In my opinion, taking a minimal profit and offering to cylinder head at cost is much better way to accomplish that.

I agree with you, there are many company's completely capable of designing a cylinder head with this potential. The question though, is how many will actually allocate the engineering resources and time to do so for such a small market? I and every mopar racer knows the answer to that question (A resounding no). The current market and cylinder heads available prove that. So to me, why should I wait on them to do it when I can make the effort myself? I believe its worth doing and worth working towards and regardless of the outcome, I will continue to work towards that end.

I will say though, that critical input such as yours has really helped me. It shows me that I didn't do a good enough job explaining the product or explaining the development of the product. That is a mistake on my part so I will go back to the drawing board and relaunch at a later date with a much more detailed explanation and videos to allow people to establish more of connection with me. Regardless, I will get it done. Its only the beginning for me.

Sincerely, Adriel Paradise
Old 05-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
Dragsinger
VIP Member

Liked 99 Times in 60 Posts

Thank You very much, very informative and very well stated. I appreciate the explanation.

Good luck and hang with your passion, I now understand.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #7
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

And as an endorsement, I have known Adriel's Dad for most of my life racing in and around central Arkansas and know his Mom very well from being around her at work for the last few years. If he is anything like his parents, there will be nothing but honesty of intention and high integrity in what he does. And he comes by the love of MoPars honestly - straight from his Dad!

Unfortunately, the last time I saw Adriel, he was considerably younger than he is now! I applaud him for trudging through the U of Ark to get his engineering degree!

Dwight Southerland
Old 05-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #8
SSDiv6
VIP Member

Liked 1,457 Times in 543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Southerland View Post
And as an endorsement, I have known Adriel's Dad for most of my life racing in and around central Arkansas and know his Mom very well from being around her at work for the last few years. If he is anything like his parents, there will be nothing but honesty of intention and high integrity in what he does. And he comes by the love of MoPars honestly - straight from his Dad!

Unfortunately, the last time I saw Adriel, he was considerably younger than he is now! I applaud him for trudging through the U of Ark to get his engineering degree!

Dwight Southerland
Agree!

As a fellow engineer, Adriel has been a great contributor to other sites such as SpeedTalk and others.

Knowing his heart and offering his engineering services to members in other sites, I never doubted his intentions.

Although there are many products out there in the market, too many of them are either copies of other products or junk that has not been engineered to perform and just manufactured to fill a niche to the masses, usually low cost cost, built overseas.

Therefore, in lieu of criticism, we need more guys like Adriel, with a love for the sport and the knowledge and creativity to keep the wheels turning.

Many of us are getting old and we need a new generation to eventually replace us.
SSDiv6 is offline   Reply With Quote