Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 984 Times in 299 Posts
Default Ronnie "Uncle Buck" 90 Nationals - Sept 13th & 14th, 2013

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to announce the 2nd annual Ronnie “Uncle Buck” Memorial Race will be held on September 13th & 14th, 2013 once again at Numidia Dragway in Catawissa, Pa. We will make a few minor changes for the 2013 event, but will mostly run the same type of program as we did at last year’s event.

Starting off on Thursday, September 12th will be parking from 10am till 10pm. For some of you who want to get parked early and head over to Knoebel’s you will be able to. Unfortunately I will not be there till late that night so Vinny Dimino or one of the crew members will be there to let you in. On Friday the 13th (Oohh) we will start the FREE Test and Tune around 10am, this will run till about 2pm. We will then groom the track and at 2:30 we will start the process of the Comp Cams Shootout. This year it will not be a Top 32 shootout, but an all run type event. Due to the mid-September date, I want to start the event a little earlier. Everyone will get 1 Time Run then into 1st round. I hope to be into the 3rd round by the time the Street Cars roll in for the Friday Night run.

On Saturday the 14th we kick off the 2nd annual Ronnie “Uncle Buck” Memorial Race at 10am. As the same as last year everyone will get 2 Time Runs beginning with Super Street, Super Comp, Stock, Super Gas & Super Stock. Hopefully the car counts will be a little larger this year to allow racers to double enter without having to overheat their motors. What will make this event even better for this year….A GUARANTEED $ 3,000.00 WINNERS PURSE FOR ALL CLASSES! Track owner Bob Dimino and Myself have agreed to make this a guaranteed winner’s purse so we can give back to the sportsman racer! Once the winner’s have been crowned we will invite all racers, friends & family over to the Donhauser’s for a FREE Chicken BBQ. As we all know one of Uncle Buck’s favorite things to do was cook for his fellow racers so we will continue his legacy with the BBQ.

For those who are members of MASCA & MASSA here is an added bonus for you. As we all know I’ve decided to extend the schedule this year to Numida and Cecil County. I did some thinking about it and know Numidia can be a haul for a lot of you and with the cost of diesel & gas going up it’s senseless to make 2 tows. So on Sunday the 15th we will run Race # 7 of your season. This means the season will be a 9 race season and we will count 6 of your best 9. We will run 1 time shot and go into 1st round. This will save on us driving up to Numidia twice and putting wear and tear on our equipment. Super Gas guys I’d be willing to put a race together for those who want to stay. For those who want to go home you are free too, but I will try to get the program running fast and get people home ASAP.

If you would like to become a sponsor please e-mail me at Rekeister@aol or call me at 856-332-2851

2013 Tentative Schedule and Payouts:

Friday Sept 13th - Free Test & Tune from 10 or 11 to 2 or 2:30pm
Stk/SS Combo Race starting at 2:30 or 3 (1 TT then into 1st round)
Comp Cams Shootout starting at 3 or 3:30 (1 TT then into 1st round)

Saturday Sept 14th - 10am - Start Time runs for .90 Nationals / Stk/SS Race
(Super Street/ Super Comp / Stock / Super Gas / Super Stock)
1or 2pm - 1st round for all classes
6-7pm - FREE BBQ

Sunday Sept 15th - Rain Date / Travel Day or MASCA (Super Comp) and MASSA (Super Street) Race # 7

Entry:
- $165 by June 1st
- $180 by August 1st
- $200 at the gate
- $10 at the gate for crew members

Payout
Friday September 13th:
Stk/SS Combo Event ($70 entry)
Winner: $1,000
Runner-Up: $400
Semi-Finalist: $200
3rd Round Loser: $70
*based on 32 entries

Comp Cams .90 Shootout ($70 entry)
Semi-Finalist: $200
3rd Round Loser: $70
*based on 32 entries

Saturday September 14th:
Nitroplate Stock/Super Stock Shootout presented by Autometer
Stock & Super Stock run separate)
Winner: $3,000
Runner-Up: $1,500
Semi-Finalist: $600
4th Round Loser: $400
3rd Round Loser: $200

King of the Mountain
Stock vs. Super Stock Winner
Winner: $500
Runner-Up: $200

Ronnie "Uncle Buck Memorial 90 Nationals presented by Nitroplate
(Super Comp, Gas & Street)
Winner: $3,000
Runner-Up: $1,500
Semi-Finalist: $600
4th Round Loser: $400
3rd Round Loser: $200

Sunday September 15th:
MASCA / MASSA Race ($70 entry - same structure as Saturday's races)
Semi-Finalist: $175
4th Round Loser: $100
3rd Round Loser: $50
*based on 32 entries per class

Time-Permitting SG / Stk/ SS Shootout on Sunday ($70 entry - same structure as Saturday's races)
Runner-Up: $500
Semi-Finalist: $250
4th Round Loser: $150
3rd Round Loser: $80
*based on 32 entries per class
BKSG1198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Jay Cepelka

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Ronnie "Uncle Buck" 90 Nationals - Sept 13th & 14th, 201

Looking forward to good time.
Jay Cepelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
BKSG1198
VIP Member

The official Ronnie "Uncle Buck" .90 Nationals website is now active. Thanks to Jeff Serra over at Inmotion Solutions who did an awesome job on the site. You can view videos from last year's event along with payouts, etc. Jeff is currently working on the flyer and I'm working on the rules as we speak so look for something in the near future..

www.dot90nationals.com
Old 12-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #4
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Just got word that Rob Jackson...AKA Robzneed4speed will be back for the 2013 event. Our plans are still in the works but, I'm hoping to have Rob down for both Friday and Saturday to do interviews with the .90 Drivers, do video of the Shootout on Friday Night and the whole .90 Nationals along with Winner's Circle Interviews on Saturday! He's already personally told me he's out for redemption for 2013 because even though we all thought the videos were AWESOME Rob felt they needed a little more work (like any artist would say...haha) so I can't imagine what Rob has up his sleeve for 2013! Here is a preview of some of Rob's work!

http://www.youtube.com/user/robzneed4speed
Old 01-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Just got some great news from the Harple Family. Moose (Ronnie's Brother) and his wife Nancy wanted to do something for all the racers who come to support this event. We all know how much Uncle Buck enjoyed cooking for his fellow Racers and when he wasn't cooking at the track he was cooking at the Moose Lodge for his fellow Ravens Fans. So in honor of Ronnie "Uncle Buck" Harple all the winners of each class (S/C,S/G,S/ST) will receive a brand new Webber Grill courtesy of the Harple Family!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
BKSG1198
VIP Member

With this years event I decided to do away with the pre-entry raffle for prizes rather I took a page out of Pete Biondo's book for the Spring Flings and decided to do a "Racers Appreciation Performance Award". Pretty basic as I'm still working on Round # 6 right now but, should have that hopefully locked up by week's end. I'd like to Thank ATI, Autometer, Nitroplate, Crane Cams and Weisco for coming on board to be sponsors for this. I hope you the racers enjoy and it puts a little more meaning into each round. If no one hits these prizes all the winners / losers will be thrown into a hat and picked:

2013 “Racers Appreciation” Awards:
Round # 1: ATI Gift Certificates to the 1st driver in each class with the best loosing package

Round # 2: $100.00 Auto Meter Gift Certificate to first driver in each class who goes .000 on the tree (If no one goes .000 on the tree in the 2nd round all 2nd round winners will be thrown into a hat and a winner will be drawn.

Round # 3: $100.00 Nitroplate Gift Certificate to the driver with the best winning package in Round # 3 (1 per class)

Round #4: Crane Cams Gift Certificate to the driver in each class that goes “Dead-On” with a 0 in eliminations (If no one goes "dead-on" in the 4th round all 4th round winners will be thrown into a hat and a winner will be drawn).

Round # 5: $500 Weisco Gift Certificate to the driver with the best loosing package in that round. 2 for the .90 classes / 1 each for Stock & Super Stock

More to come........

Also added bonus prizes….
First Super Comp Dragster Driver who goes .000 in eliminations gets a free dragster cover courtesy of Dennis Ridgeway Inc.

$50.00 to the Super Gas Driver with the “Best Package” in eliminations courtesy of Joe Eckel and Rock-a-way Racing

California Car Cover Packages to be randomly drawn throughout the day
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Just got word that Comp Cams and their affiliates (TCI, RHS, FAST) will be back once again as Title Sponsor of the Comp Cams Shootout to be held on Friday, September 13th. Last year we did a Top 32 for 1st 32 cars to enter got the chance at the prize on Friday Night. Rich Price (S/ST), Iggie Boicesco (S/G), Jeff Livezey Jr. (S/C) all claimed victory along with the cash prizes they received over $400.00 in product certificates from Comp Cams. This year I'm switching it up a little bit and opening the race up to anyone who would like to partake. You can pre-enter if you would like or when you sign up at the track for the .90 Nationals. The entry fee is $70.00 and based on 32 cars I will pay out $1,000 to the winner plus the Comp Cams Certificates. Just an added little bonus to an already great event.

Also I've been working hard to bring the best sponsors on board for you the racers...

Insinger Race Fuel has re-signed on for this season. Thanks to Bruce for all the support.

Crew Chief Pro will do a $50 certificate for a perfect run in any of the classes if they have the Crew Chief Pro Decals on the car. Thanks to Don Higgins once again for the support

Jiffy-Tite will once again be sponsoring the #1 Qualifier award for S/C, S/G & S/ST. Thanks to Duane and the Boys in upstate New York.

Brodix will be back (Not sure in what fashion just yet), but thanks to Jennifer and her team in Arkansas.

Crazy Man Dan Northrop is up to his crazy ways at ISC Racers Tape and will be doing an "Off the Wall" award yet again. If we all know Dan he will come up with something good.

Working on many more as we speak so stay tuned.

For those who want to Pre-Enter, the address to send checks into is:
Rob Keister
1887 N. Delsea Dr. #152
Vineland, NJ 08360
Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
BKSG1198
VIP Member

I'd like to welcome Kevin Scholl who is the first .90 Racer to sign up for the .90 Nationals. Thanks Kevin and look forward to putting on a great event for everyone!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Just announced today...

Thanks to Jerron Settles at Imagine that customs there is now 2 chances to win a FREE entry into the .90 Nationals at the Practice Tree Nats this Saturday!!

#1. Win Pro Tree High Roller - get $500 cash and a FREE entry into the Ronnie "Uncle Buck" Memorial .90 Nationals presented by Nitroplate.

#2. LOSE with the best loosing reaction time in the Pro Tree High Roller (any round - best loosing reaction of the race) - get FREE entry into Ronnie "Uncle Buck" Memorial .90 Nationals graciously sponsored by Jerron Settles at ImagineThatCustoms.

visit: http://www.practicetreenats.com/
for more info
Old 02-25-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Alright Boys and Girls...I'm proud to announce that Brodix Cylinder Heads has been added as a sponsor for the 2013 Nitroplate Stock/Super Stock Shootout presented by Autometer and .90 Nationals. Brodix will give a gift certificate to a random Stock / Super Stock / Super Gas / Super Comp / or Super Street racer. The Certificate will be drawn after the 2nd round on Saturday. This Certificate will go towards the purchase of their choice of either a set of Small Block Cylinder Heads or Big Block Cylinder Heads. Remember this is a gift certificate and will still cost money towards the purchase but it's still a pretty cool gift to get for attending this event. Thanks once again the Jennifer and her crew down in Arkansas for all the support!