HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #51
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: D1 NHRA Boycott?

There are all kinds of possibilities Freddie........ but I figured that S/C and S/G will stay as fillers because of the turn-around time from T/F on down to TA/D.... especially in later rounds.... which is why I said "maybe" S/ST.........as it is now, S/ST only runs at a few events, so NHRA could look at them and say DONE......... S/C and S/G will stay cause I run both classes....... LOL!!!!!!

And X-TECH...... it is unfortunate, but I have seen this trend building for a few years now...... and you being closer than me, have more info than we know........UNFORTUNATELY.........
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:34 PM   #52
Lynn Hoosigian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How many racers - 135 mph and up - are there licensed in NHRA?
Bracket racing or Divisional racing, you still need a license and chassis cert. That was doubled for everyone. What about JD? Do they need licenses and certs? Add them to list if so.
We need to get some of the track operators involved also. They can get to all their racers to get on board with sending letters/emails.
Let me know about the newspaper ad - you've got my $10!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #53
Mackie Family Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting reading. Having been on the racer and sponsor side for quite awhile, I would suggest to you that the only two ways that I see that would be effective in dealing with the NHRA folks are to corral the support of (several) major sponsors lobbying on behalf of the sportsman community, and/or to go after the leadership directly in CA. Both impact NHRA leadership directly, and in their pocketbooks.

We were fortunate to have raced with all the great folks in D1 over the last three years -- and I can honestly say as both a racer and thru GMC/Pontiac's sponsorship activities that Bob Lang and the D1 NHRA team couldn't have been better to deal with. I would truly hate to see the sportsman racer community do something that would hurt guys like Bob, nor some of the great track owners that host divisional and national events in the Northeast. Chris D et al, I know you want to be heard -- but you've got to be addressing the folks that need to hear the message.

I would say, however, that if a number of the major sponsors were taking the plight of the sportsman racer to the weenies in CA, I think there would be a much higher likelihood of success. If the Lucas family, or other parts-related sponsors (that cater to the sportsman community) started speaking with their endorsement checks, I do believe we'd get the attention of the folks in CA.

Perhaps a better alternative is to leverage whatever rights we might collectively have as members of an association and look to dump the brass in Glendora -- or at least see what we can do to address their outlandish salaries and perks. Anyone know how Compton remains employed, and whom he has to answer to (presumably the overpaid Board directors)? If this is an association, how are the Board members elected? Everyone else in the industry is getting laid off or taking major pay cuts; perhaps it's time for Tom, Graham and the rest of the characters out there to join us. Perhaps we all need to crash a Board meeting...

Whatever might be done, it needs to be professional. As highlighted in many other posts, something unprofessional, illegal, or poorly-represented is just going to be ignored. Remember all the posts about oildown penalties? To my knowledge, the uproar was ignored until the SRC made the matter a major issue, presumably in a professional way.

Scott Mackie
TD, SC, SG
Auto Exec (oops, I mean "Government Employee")
Mackie Family Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 AM   #54
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Talking Re: D1 NHRA Boycott?

[QUOTE=Charlie Yannetti;

And X-TECH...... it is unfortunate, but I have seen this trend building for a few years now...... and you being closer than me, have more info than we know........UNFORTUNATELY.........[/QUOTE]

Maybe so but most on this forum dont belive me when I say anything. They are in thier own little world. I was privy to a lot of correct info and I posted it about 6-7 years ago and 99 % of it has come true. Those on here didnt believe me then and they dont want to hear it now so I just keep most of it to myself and just smile when I read this BS.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:14 AM   #55
Freddie

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Hoosigian View Post
How many racers - 135 mph and up - are there licensed in NHRA?
Bracket racing or Divisional racing, you still need a license and chassis cert. That was doubled for everyone. What about JD? Do they need licenses and certs? Add them to list if so.
We need to get some of the track operators involved also. They can get to all their racers to get on board with sending letters/emails.
Let me know about the newspaper ad - you've got my $10!!!!

Lynn, yes Jr's have membership and a competition card which have also gone up, not quite double but are increased. And yes this affects alot more then just the few S/C and S/G racers, this affects the ADRL, NMRA, NMCA, bracket racers, local heads up series, everyone.

I was talking with my dad the other day and he was telling me about back in the 70's when a bunch tried to boycott NHRA , IHRA really got thier start there, and was not long after than ALL the racers went back to NHRA. The "Sportsman" racers that actually race at NHRA national events are such a small portion of theose whom they are collecting $$$ from that I dont really think Boycotting a race will do anything more than NHRA finding a way to further streamline thier "PRO SHOW" and do away with "Sportsman" racers at these events all together.

Lets face it I dont think there is anyone on here that is racing for the prize $$$ now the loss of contingancies hurts. Most guys that race for a living do so with sponsors, the little $$$ they may win at each race helps yes, but I dont think they count on it to continue racing. I may be wrong I dont win alot, but when I did race full time I always made sure there was enough $$ in the budget for a completely dismal year just in case.
NMRA 2012 Outlaw 10.5 #10
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #56
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts

X-TECH........ I hear you and I'm with you..... the warnings and warning signs have been there for quite some time....... it's unfortunate that we haven't acted like this before........ I have been chomping at the bit to put together my own Comp Eliminator program, but have held off for fear of getting stuck with something that will have no place to race........

I see that you're from Maryland....... to me that means D1......... I'm sure that you know who I am........ so please feel free to come by my pit anytime....... I might even recognize you too........ LOL

AND........ I second what just came from Mackie Racing..........
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote