HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: What would you do if the NHRA banned timers in .90 (Super) class racing?
I'd like it and keep racing the current .90 classes. My car isn't high mph anyway. 34 47.89%
I'd like it and keep racing the current .90 classes. I'd sell my 632" and pay off my mortgage. 1 1.41%
I'd grudgingly accept it and race my 160 mph S/ST car in S/C. 0 0%
Do you know how much I spent on this dry sump 632? I'm going Top Sportsman racing! 4 5.63%
I'd hunt down the bastard who proposed it and beat him with the dry sump off of my spare 632. 32 45.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
chebby2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Re: What would you do if the NHRA banned timers in .90 (Super) class racing?

Maybe they should bann shoepolish.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do if the NHRA banned timers in .90 (Super) class racing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Glenn View Post
If you complainers get this hing pushed through, (which you won't) What do we do with the 3000-4000 Throttle stops and timers? 1,500,000.00 to 2,000,000.00 in electronics in the recylce bin? Then what will you complain about next? Our shifters? Our delay boxes?

Laughing to hard to continue...

My 2 cents...
Just to clarify - the way I phrased this poll it was not intended to cover throttle stops, only timers. In other words, you would still be able to use your throttle stop, but it would need to be activated either manually or by a shifter which is not timer-based. I just wanted to see how many people like the high-mph racing the way it is today, versus the way it was at the inception of the super categories.

Regards,
Old 10-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
CBS jr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: What would you do if the NHRA banned timers in .90 (Super) class racing?

Mike ... for someone who hasn't raced in 12 years your starting off good.
Are you still dating Tonya Harding???? LOL
Old 10-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
DOS VETTES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If not, Hook him up with Loraina Bobitt!

Last edited by DOS VETTES; 10-16-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #15
Ruth

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
I'd start watching them again instead of going to the can and tapping my toes looking for some sausage to smoke ..........eah!
Fixed!

Probably see the word " POLL" and got ya all excited .......eah!

Last edited by Ruth; 10-16-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Michael Pliska

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS jr View Post
Mike ... for someone who hasn't raced in 12 years your starting off good.
Are you still dating Tonya Harding???? LOL
Ouch! Better watch out or I'll send her to your pit area at the next race!

Just for the record, it's been 15 years since I last ran a national event! I ran Boise LODRS the next year and broke a motor, and haven't run the car since. I have been bracket racing for the last 2 years though (and watched at a couple of LODRS races), so I figured out how to find the track again. Hopefully I'll re-debut the car at Boise next spring, but I'm still not sure if I'll follow the current standard or slow my car down to 125 mph at 9.90.

Regards,
Old 10-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield

Interesting results so far. Half the people would like the change and keep racing their current class. The other half would resort to violence.

And then there's a couple of weirdos in there that would race T/S, or worse, sell their nice stuff and pay off bills!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #18
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One last thing and I am done.... I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD GO BACK TO WATCHING TV ON A 17" SCREEN WITH ANTENNAS AND THROW OUT NEW TECHNOLOGY BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS HOW THEY WORK AND NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD THEM. I FOR ONE AM ON MY WAY TO THE DUMP WITH MY DIGITAL TV.... Kidding of course...

WOW! That says it best! Way to go Jim.

P.S. Who cares about spectators anyway? I dont. I like racing, (sportsman only),not trying to be some kind of a star.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #19
crewchiefpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicero819 View Post
Unfortunately, NHRA would never take away, any electronics for fear that they would kill the goose that laid the golden egg. I once enjoyed Super Gas or Super Comp but hate to try to explain to a young novice spectator why did the car stall and all of a sudden pick up again. Last week-end at the Virginia National I enjoyed watching a competitor in Super Comp going 218 mph with his alcohol supercharged big block, he would gently leave the starting line sit for about 4.5 second dead in the water and then all of a sudden take off like a bat out of hell! Racer who race in super comp should be worried about how fan have no interest in their cars, I know I would. Look how stock has brought new fans with their super competitive time (wheel stand doesn't hurt either) the different body styles and so on. Nobody want's to see or pay to watch dragster that could be operated by Nintendo teenagers from the stand. NHRA better wake up, I can remember talking with Steve Cohen at Sanair during his Championship year all he had was a reaction timer and a simple bolt limiting the throttle. Claude Ruel L1108stk

They don't care about any goose. No goose ever laid an egg that was golden anyway.

Why do you hate to explain something to someone. Let me guess, you don't understand it, can't afford it, or you are being lazy. Let's take a poll.

I ran the 218 mph car at a race, very fun. He had me by 48 mph at the finish line but I got there first.

I see the same amount of spectators in the stands in both classes so you stockers should be worried, not us. We have twice as many competitors in our classes normally also. Besides we are nearly twice as fast ( 218 fastest vs. 120 - not even close ).

Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 AM   #20
Lou SG2340

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A friend of mine does not like super class racing. He feels NHRA should have a heads up door class based on weight to cubic inches. First one to take the stripe wins.
I told him NHRA has this class. It's called Pro Stock. He didn't like my answer.
Closed Thread