HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #171
Cbrinson47

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
So what relevance does your opinion have here? Sounds like you should stick to car shows and stuff like that.
I never said it would happen right away but if you kept track of things that NHRA has been doing you would see what I'm saying. The NHRA can and will do whatever they want at the drop of a hat. The management of NHRA does not give a poop about you or your class racing. They just want to slowly change the events so they do not need tech people and have a show to entertain the spectators. who knows how to check an engine, Why do you think they have let rules slide into a trash can since 1985. Look at the age of stock and S/S racers of today. Try a car show sometime and you might find people who love what they are doing and do not have to beat themselves up to enjoy it. I raced a couple of Corvettes before the SS/IA Camaro and spent a small fortune. I won a few races back then but every year it cost me more and more. I also did cylinder heads for guys that held the NHRA records back in the 70's but even as the side business grew I got tired of having my dinner taste like cast iron. Oh well enjoy being pushed aside by the Pros and now it seems like T/D, T/Sportsman, the 90 classes and the circus acts will be taking over in the future. I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by Cbrinson47; 10-27-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Cbrinson47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:25 PM   #172
Barry Polley

Liked 560 Times in 231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrinson47 View Post
I never said it would happen right away but if you kept track of things that NHRA has been doing you would see what I'm saying. The NHRA can and will do whatever they want at the drop of a hat. The management of NHRA does not give a poop about you or your class racing. They just want to slowly change the events so they do not need tech people and have a show to entertain the spectators. who know how to check an engine, Why do you think they have let rules slide into a trash can since 1985. Look at the age of stock and S/S racers of today. Try a car show sometime and you might find people who love what they are doing and do not have to beat themselves up to enjoy it. I raced a couple of Corvettes before the SS/IA Camaro and spent a small fortune. I won a few races back then but every year it cost me more and more. I also did cylinder heads for guys that held the NHRA record back in the 70's but even as the side business grew I got tired of having my dinner taste like cast iron. Oh well enjoy being pushed aside by the Pros and now it seems like T/D, T/Sportsman, the 90 classes and the circus acts will be taking over in the future. I'm done with this thread.
The 90 classes and Top will n e v e r push aside Stock, Superstock, or Comp. .90 and the Top classes are easy for NHRA to police and collect. The Pros are on the fence watching Stock, SS , Comp and the Top classes because they are fast and still entertaining! You raced and sounds like you had some fun so why come on here and poo poo the guys and gals??
I think you are bored and need to sell the cruiser and get back in the seat that you miss!
Old 10-28-2020, 12:30 AM   #173
Barry Polley

Liked 560 Times in 231 Posts

Somebody likes digging up old threads... ^^ guess he’s bored..
Old 10-28-2020, 12:58 AM   #174
Bob Sherwood

Liked 332 Times in 51 Posts
Smile Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Is it time for D and above classes to be allowed to run 10.5 tires ?? 😊
Bob Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #175

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrinson47 View Post
I can see bracket racing replacing stock and S/S class racing in the future in NHRA national events. I' m not sure how long it will be before it becomes the norm but its coming like in IHRA. I will hate to see it happen.
So what bracket racers will take over the S S/S classes at National events and even divisionals?
If bracket races are drawn to races with big money payouts and lower entry fees than our races, why would they come to NHRA races to pay more, be here more days, to race one race for the weekend and have less payout?

The math doesn't add up. They ain't paying 20,000.00 to have 60 cars race at a national event.

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:48 PM   #176
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by james schaechter View Post
I don’t think you can draw conclusions from current races without really knowing more than what is on line. If tru start was in play, surely any racer would know that and adjust how they drive race etc.
You do know that truestart gives the 1st racer a greenlight even if they are red and then stays green if faster driver goes more red. So why would they adjust if they did not know what 1st racer did
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 10-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #177
rognelson777

Liked 132 Times in 72 Posts

Go to weather based horsepower hits, not just ET. Been using et only since beginning of time. Time to get in the 21st century and base HP adjustments on weather conditions and performance. I think I remember a 340 combo? killing the index in canada in the fall one year. Everybody was fast, but car was driven too far in killer conditions.
rognelson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #178

Liked 927 Times in 240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
Go to weather based horsepower hits, not just ET. Been using et only since beginning of time. Time to get in the 21st century and base HP adjustments on weather conditions and performance. I think I remember a 340 combo? killing the index in canada in the fall one year. Everybody was fast, but car was driven too far in killer conditions.
Isn't that what the mineshaft rule is for?

1342 SS/GT
1347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #179
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,631 Times in 1,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob sherwood View Post
is it time for d and above classes to be allowed to run 10.5 tires ?? ��
. Sure, as soon as they allow the SLOWER Stockers to DEEPSTAGE again.....
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 03:32 AM   #180
GTX JOHN
VIP Member

Liked 1,857 Times in 573 Posts
Default Re: Wto 314hat Stock rules would you change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rognelson777 View Post
I believe there was NOT a Mineshaft rule back them.

Moved my 340 from 310 HP to 314HP.

That is more than the Aluminum Head Combo at 311HP.
GTX JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote