HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Lounge > The lounge

Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #111
Dick Nearhoof

Liked 79 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Joe Biden calls for investigation....

Thanks Eddie. I would much rather have a discussion/debate about issues. I could be proven wrong on any topic, hell even my disagrees with some of positions. I'm not highly educated but I try to use common sense. But for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can support what is happening on our County's southern border and that is direct result of the person residing in the White House and I believe that is your choice of party. I also believe without a doubt that you can defend yourself, but if the "peaceful protesters" break down the gate to your community and you draw your weapon to protect your property, You are going to spend a sizable amount of your pension & your wife's salary defending yourself in court.
Dick Nearhoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:42 PM   #112
Randy Wells

Liked 963 Times in 297 Posts

[QUOTE=Eddies66;638474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Wells View Post

Randy, You think Dick needs your 2 cents in a straight forward discussion. If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy SOB. I bet you can’t set the head on an M2 machine gun. You know nothing about me, nor do you try.

Last edited by Randy Wells; 04-14-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:32 AM   #113
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Nearhoof View Post
Thanks Eddie. I would much rather have a discussion/debate about issues. I could be proven wrong on any topic, hell even my disagrees with some of positions. I'm not highly educated but I try to use common sense. But for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone can support what is happening on our County's southern border and that is direct result of the person residing in the White House and I believe that is your choice of party. I also believe without a doubt that you can defend yourself, but if the "peaceful protesters" break down the gate to your community and you draw your weapon to protect your property, You are going to spend a sizable amount of your pension & your wife's salary defending yourself in court.
To understand what is going on in Latin American countries you need to look at our involvement starting with Bastista, then Torrijos, then Noriega and all the other right-wing military governments installed to stop the growth of a so-called communism. Everyone of these self-serving leaders lined their pockets with aid money from the US, with not one dime going to the people. I lived in Honduras in the 70s, a country that Standard Brands and Dole have been in for over a 100 years. Do they do anything for the people of the country...NO. When I got there Honduras had 29 miles of paved roads. The military was killing priests and saying they were giving people “communist” thoughts, think about that, true communists are atheists. Last year Central America was hit with two huge hurricanes destroying thousands of homes, leaving people homeless. The US is their only hope!
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #114
Dick Nearhoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddies66 View Post
To understand what is going on in Latin American countries you need to look at our involvement starting with Bastista, then Torrijos, then Noriega and all the other right-wing military governments installed to stop the growth of a so-called communism. Everyone of these self-serving leaders lined their pockets with aid money from the US, with not one dime going to the people. I lived in Honduras in the 70s, a country that Standard Brands and Dole have been in for over a 100 years. Do they do anything for the people of the country...NO. When I got there Honduras had 29 miles of paved roads. The military was killing priests and saying they were giving people “communist” thoughts, think about that, true communists are atheists. Last year Central America was hit with two huge hurricanes destroying thousands of homes, leaving people homeless. The US is their only hope!
Foreign policy is way above my pay grade, but they have to enter legally. I personally know 2 physicians who had to have employment contracts with hospitals befpre they were allowed to enter. I'm sure gated communities in Rancho Mirage are not allowing illegals to enter right now.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #115
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Foreign policy is way above my pay grade, but they have to enter legally. I personally know 2 physicians who had to have employment contracts with hospitals befpre they were allowed to enter. I'm sure gated communities in Rancho Mirage are not allowing illegals to enter right now.
There is the issue, entering legally. Our immigration system has been broken for years. Seeking asylum should be a simple task, a few years before I got to the American Embassy in New Delhi, India Stalin’s daughter walked into the lobby and requested asylum...no questions asked it was granted. But a child that has traveled thousands of miles is turned away. Have we forgotten our values and what is written on Miss Liberty. Prior to 1924 people just loaded up on boats and showed up here with no paperwork but of coarse they were from Europe.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:47 AM   #116
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
With regards to this gated community, my housekeeper is from El Salvador, my handyman that has done painting for me is from Columbia and his wife is from Guatemala, their children are DACA. Literally every company that has provided a service here is Hispanic owned.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #117
Dick Nearhoof

Quote:
There is the issue, entering legally. Our immigration system has been broken for years. Seeking asylum should be a simple task, a few years before I got to the American Embassy in New Delhi, India Stalin’s daughter walked into the lobby and requested asylum...no questions asked it was granted. But a child that has traveled thousands of miles is turned away. Have we forgotten our values and what is written on Miss Liberty. Prior to 1924 people just loaded up on boats and showed up here with no paperwork but of coarse they were from Europe.
Ed, you're comparing apples & oranges. She defected a communism regime. People leaving the northern triangle are free to go, but most do not have asylum cases, they know this, but once they arrive here take their chances on making to sanctuary cities/states and cause great economic hardships to localities. Don't forget Jewish people were turned away, They were European. Remind me who was president at that time
Liked
Old 04-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #118
Eddies66
VIP Member

Quote:
Ed, you're comparing apples & oranges. She defected a communism regime. People leaving the northern triangle are free to go, but most do not have asylum cases, they know this, but once they arrive here take their chances on making to sanctuary cities/states and cause great economic hardships to localities. Don't forget Jewish people were turned away, They were European. Remind me who was president at that time
The Jews were turned away because of national security concerns, the ****’s had previously planted a spy aboard one of the ships, it is all history.
What we have now are human rights violations and these countries don’t give a damned where their go, they are someone’s problem. I have found the majority of these people are hard working and not looking for a hand out. Doing things people in this country won’t do.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:19 PM   #119
Keith 944
VIP Member

Liked 1,634 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
With regards to this gated community, my housekeeper is from El Salvador, my handyman that has done painting for me is from Columbia and his wife is from Guatemala, their children are DACA. Literally every company that has provided a service here is Hispanic owned.
Do you have to pay them cash? in other words do they pay taxes on this work? here in Delaware I would say at least 80% of them do not. they only take cash, only pay in cash, and do not pay taxes. this is where I have a big problem
these people need to come to the country legally and pay their way, not me paying their way
Keith 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:01 PM   #120
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 279 Times in 149 Posts

a few years back we had a small business and had lots of Polish and Hispanics mostly Mexicans working for us maybe 12-15 people total depending on the time of year --mostly part timers but a few full time too---they all had Greencards (don't know if they were counterfeit ) and SS cards/numbers( don't know if they were counterfeit) and photo ID or State issued driver license (don't know if they were counterfeit either) ---when they filled out their W-2 withholding for taxes most everybody claimed 5-9 dependents so consequently they had NO money withheld for income taxes---now some of the employees I KNOW were under 20 and were single but the guy claimed 5,6,7 dependents/deductions so we never took a dime out for income taxes-- I asked him to fill out his W-2 he filled it out, he signed it and there was no way he had to prove anything on the W-2 except MAYBE his SS number--not a damn thing I could do about it---they would show up for work do their job and never caused any problems---were they "illegals"" probably but there was no way I could prove they were not--- Got an I-9 ---SS card---Photo ID and a Greencard ---I'm covered was it wrong not in my mind I followed the LAW ---should the LAW be changed perhaps but I/WE never paid in CASH always by check--FED 387-------------PS probably half or more of the construction trades people around here -carpenters,electricians,plumbers, roofers,drywallers etc. work for cash for not only weekend side jobs but regular jobs too they have to otherwise they can't make it because of the damn taxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FED 387; 04-14-2021 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote