Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 02-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #21
James Perrone
VIP Member

Liked 1,596 Times in 371 Posts
Default Re: Kevin Helms new crew chief at DSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjack View Post
Doesn't the DSR announcement bother anyone? That is, big money is already making inroads to sportsman style racing. What does this spell for the future of factory racecars for the well-off retiree?
The money is already to big for us common folks. No issues
They are separated from sportsman have there own class. Good Luc Kevin
Old 02-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #22
Kevin McKenna

Liked 33 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjack View Post
Doesn't the DSR announcement bother anyone? That is, big money is already making inroads to sportsman style racing. What does this spell for the future of factory racecars for the well-off retiree?
Not in the least. It adds even more credibility to an already exciting class. Besides, scan the current entry list. There's already a handful of players who can go pound-for-pound with DSR when it comes to financial resources.

It's awfully hard to legislate what someone can spend on a project in terms of time, effort, and dollars. For now, I'm just thrilled we have 28 cars on the Gainesville entry list and it will probably by 32 (or more) by the time we're done.
Kevin McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #23
HR9121
Live Reporter

Liked 2,866 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKenna View Post
Not in the least. It adds even more credibility to an already exciting class. Besides, scan the current entry list. There's already a handful of players who can go pound-for-pound with DSR when it comes to financial resources.

It's awfully hard to legislate what someone can spend on a project in terms of time, effort, and dollars. For now, I'm just thrilled we have 28 cars on the Gainesville entry list and it will probably by 32 (or more) by the time we're done.
I tend to agree with Kevin I don't think there are alot of guys in the Shootout races on a shoestring budget.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #24
Mike Schwartz

Liked 189 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Kevin helms new crew chief at dsr

DSR has some bucks. It wouldn't hurt to tender an offer to Danica Patrick and see if she has the spare time to stay involved in some low-stress racing post-NASCAR..
Mike Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #25
Mike Pearson
VIP Member

Liked 1,636 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schwartz View Post
DSR has some bucks. It wouldn't hurt to tender an offer to Danica Patrick and see if she has the spare time to stay involved in some low-stress racing post-NASCAR..

That would be a cool idea. NHRA is definitely more female friendly than NASCAR. It would bring more media attention for sure for the class. The class looks real popular right now with good car count. It will be interesting to see how many cars they get in the future. I am betting it will take an 8.20 run to get in the program
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #26
Mike Jones
VIP Member

Liked 660 Times in 283 Posts

I think when the pro stock folks start to get onboard and they relax some rules, (10 in. tire?) the race to the 6`s begins. It is just what the sport needs. Factory marketing involvement and performance to put the audience on their feet.
Mike A114
Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:26 PM   #27
Kevin McKenna

Liked 33 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Interesting thought but I think I'd rather see Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart if we're going that route. (Besides, the current DSR driver actually wins races).

As for the suggestion about changing tire rules. No way. The 9 inch tire is a big part of what makes these cars special.

My 2 cents
Kevin McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #28
Mark Faul

Liked 43 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
I'm not so sure many people would want to have her lined up in the other lane! LOL
Congrats Kevin on the new position.

Last edited by Mark Faul; 02-08-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: add type
Mark Faul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:36 PM   #29
Jesse Kershaw

Liked 120 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKenna View Post
As for the suggestion about changing tire rules. No way. The 9 inch tire is a big part of what makes these cars special.

My 2 cents
I agree 100%. I definitely would not go bigger but I know there are racers and manufacturer reps that support a bigger tire so I wouldn't be shocked if it changed.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #30
Todd Hoven
VIP Member

Liked 720 Times in 151 Posts

To change from the 9” tire would be a crutch for the other teams that can’t get down the track consistently. The 9” tire makes it a tuners game and not all about the power and money. Leave the class the way it’s layed out and let them race. Long as tech is applied evenly, it should be a great competitive season and anybody’s race