HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
Justin Graham

Liked 262 Times in 41 Posts
Default Las Vegas - Light of My Life

I had to take some time to decompress from the excitement and the experience I had at this past week/weekends, Division 7 run at TheStrip.

I rolled into Las Vegas expecting nothing more than reaction time improvements and advance a round or two. I felt fine after the Thursday Q runs and was anxious for Friday.

I learned from Bob Gullet himself that I’d have a Bye first round. Nice surprise, I’ll take that bit of luck and play on.

Second round comes around and that’s when the fun begins. I drew Derrick Elam and knew my work would be cut out for me. Hit the light right, broke out and WON? Holy smokes, a win, AND on a breakout. Cool, I’ll take it, roulette wheel keeps turning.

Third round and bound to keep that pedal down. I drew Andy Kimball and knew I’d have to keep myself out front. Hit the light and stayed in it. Win light…AGAIN? Sweet, I’ll take it, feeling like my bets are hittin.

Fourth round, We’re in the Money, Honey! I drew Justin Lamb, no explanation needed, Welcome to the Show!! I dialed what I believed to be right for the time, which clearly changed before the water box. Staged up, and BAM!! I hit the light of my life, .005!!!, my best to date..AND…missed the dial by .027 UNDER…BUSTED!!! It was a surreal feeling in the staging lanes to be one of thirteen cars, out of 101!!, remaining Friday night. I did my best to extend the “Gullet Gift”. Feeling great with my progress.

Everything carried over to Saturday and the mojo was still working. I did well in Class Eliminations and made it to the Final. I went up against a one second under buzzsaw being piloted by Brian Seaburg and accepted my runner up in the Automatic Combo. Continued progress. I’d like to thank Tom O’Loughlin, Randy Gregg, Tad Shei, and Troy Smith for their assistance in getting the Malibu prepped and pushed up for that Class Final and for their support the entire weeknd.

Sunday came around and I got antsy because the wind picked up and immediately knew I was in trouble because of how I dialed. Went red against Chuck Echmalian and my Las Vegas Experience had come to an end.

I am so pumped to get to another race I may not wait until Bakersfield in October. If certain things fall into place, I’ll be pedaling that Black Malibu somewhere soon.

Have a great week CR peeps. See you around!

Quite possibly the only member to REDLIGHT their join date

Last edited by Justin Graham; 04-24-2024 at 10:38 PM.
Justin Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 10:58 AM   #2
Julie Jordan

Liked 322 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: Las Vegas - Light of My Life

You were fun to watch! Drag racing is like a drug, keeps pulling you in, the highs outweigh the lows.

Come to Woodburn in July. Beautiful scenery, nice old-fashioned track, great people racing there. The track can get “iffy” in the hot weather, but it’s a fun race.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:13 AM   #3
sst7250

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Saw you going rounds as I was pitted right behind you Nice to see someone putting some love into a car by keeping her clean, always a challenge here for sure. Congrats on the good showing!
sst7250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 11:52 AM   #4
MR DERBY CITY
VIP Member

Liked 6,632 Times in 1,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Graham View Post
I had to take some time to decompress from the excitement and the experience I had at this past week/weekends, Division 7 run at TheStrip.

I rolled into Las Vegas expecting nothing more than reaction time improvements and advance a round or two. I felt fine after the Thursday Q runs and was anxious for Friday.

I learned from Bob Gullet himself that I’d have a Bye first round. Nice surprise, I’ll take that bit of luck and play on.

Second round comes around and that’s when the fun begins. I drew Derrick Elam and knew my work would be cut out for me. Hit the light right, broke out and WON? Holy smokes, a win, AND on a breakout. Cool, I’ll take it, roulette wheel keeps turning.

Third round and bound to keep that pedal down. I drew Andy Kimball and knew I’d have to keep myself out front. Hit the light and stayed in it. Win light…AGAIN? Sweet, I’ll take it, feeling like my bets are hittin.

Fourth round, We’re in the Money, Honey! I drew Justin Lamb, no explanation needed, Welcome to the Show!! I dialed what I believed to be right for the time, which clearly changed before the water box. Staged up, and BAM!! I hit the light of my life, .005!!!, my best to date..AND…missed the dial by .027 UNDER…BUSTED!!! It was a surreal feeling in the staging lanes to be one of thirteen cars, out of 101!!, remaining Friday night. I did my best to extend the “Gullet Gift”. Feeling great with my progress.

Everything carried over to Saturday and the mojo was still working. I did well in Class Eliminations and made it to the Final. I went up against a one second under buzzsaw being piloted by Brian Seaburg and accepted my runner up in the Automatic Combo. Continued progress. I’d like to thank Tom O’Laughlin, Randy Gregg, Tad Shei, and Troy Gordon for their assistance in getting the Malibu prepped and pushed up for that Class Final and for their support the entire weeknd.

Sunday came around and I got antsy because the wind picked up and immediately knew I was in trouble because of how I dialed. Went red against Chuck Echmalian and my Las Vegas Experience had come to an end.

I am so pumped to get to another race I may not wait until Bakersfield in October. If certain things fall into place, I’ll be pedaling that Black Malibu somewhere soon.

Have a great week CR peeps. See you around!
Nice !!!!
MR DERBY CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #5
GrapeApe7575

Liked 325 Times in 70 Posts

Justin

I knew when I first met you earlier this year that you were a SuperStud in the making. Great performance at Vegas in spite of the tough challenges we faced with the typical Vegas weather.

I'm even more convinced that you are going to win more than your fair share of races. Keep up the good work buddy boy!!!
GrapeApe7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 12:46 PM   #6
richie 2

Liked 158 Times in 73 Posts

Farrrr out !!!
richie 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked
Old 04-24-2024, 12:51 PM   #7
Jared Jordan

Liked 225 Times in 70 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jared Jordan

What was that? Your 5th race with your car?

You're doing really well. Proud of you.

Won't be long and the JL's of the world will be real worried when you're in the other lane.
Old 04-24-2024, 04:19 PM   #8
Cglrcng

Liked 116 Times in 56 Posts

You are a tough but friendly competitor Justin, drove it like you owned it Sir...and TY for that Sunoco also, will finish that in Bakersfield as stated. I too had a great time finally having some things click a little bit, just not enough, it is a fun game of inches.

Just keep going rounds. You cannot win if you don't play.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:35 PM   #9
Justin Graham

Liked 262 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Jordan View Post
You were fun to watch! Drag racing is like a drug, keeps pulling you in, the highs outweigh the lows.

Come to Woodburn in July. Beautiful scenery, nice old-fashioned track, great people racing there. The track can get “iffy” in the hot weather, but it’s a fun race.
I really appreciate you and your support Julie, means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Jordan View Post
What was that? Your 5th race with your car?

You're doing really well. Proud of you.

Won't be long and the JL's of the world will be real worried when you're in the other lane.
I had to count myself right now Jared . It sure was my fifth race. I appreciate your compliment and premonition. I feel as though I’m catching up to the performance of the Malibu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sst7250 View Post
Saw you going rounds as I was pitted right behind you Nice to see someone putting some love into a car by keeping her clean, always a challenge here for sure. Congrats on the good showing!
Thank you sst7250, love the Cuda and the comp number too. 7250 and 7350..perfect neighbor sequence. It was definitely a chore keeping the Malibu somewhat “clean”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe7575 View Post
Justin

I knew when I first met you earlier this year that you were a SuperStud in the making. Great performance at Vegas in spite of the tough challenges we faced with the typical Vegas weather.

I'm even more convinced that you are going to win more than your fair share of races. Keep up the good work buddy boy!!!
Mark, thank you sir, appreciate your kind words and premonition as well, I am working hard on improving every round. LV was a helluva challenge for sure. See you at the next race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cglrcng View Post
You are a tough but friendly competitor Justin, drove it like you owned it Sir...and TY for that Sunoco also, will finish that in Bakersfield as stated. I too had a great time finally having some things click a little bit, just not enough, it is a fun game of inches.

Just keep going rounds. You cannot win if you don't play.
Thank you Gary, you’re very welcome for the Sunoco. It was perfect timing on your part. Very true about going rounds, gotta win to get better. Look forward to catching up with you at Bakersfield.

Quite possibly the only member to REDLIGHT their join date
Justin Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 12:19 AM   #10
Barry Polley

Liked 560 Times in 231 Posts

I was listening Justin! Very happy for you .
Congratulations!!!