HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Nostalgia Stock and Super Stock

Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Travis Miller

Liked 275 Times in 25 Posts
Default '66 Dodge D-Dart at Mecum auction

With all the discussion of the '66 Dodge D-Dart lately, thought you might like to see one that went through the Mecum Indy auction recently. The bidding went to $40,000 but it did not reach the reserve price.

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...9&entryRow=671

Travis

(Opinions expressed by me on this forum are exactly that, my opinions.)

Last edited by Travis Miller; 05-20-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Travis Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Thumbs down Re: '66 Dodge D-Dart at Mecum auction

They should have sold it for that kind of money. It looks "BOGUS" (non stock parts) just from the under the hood pictures. Its amazing what some people are trying to pass off at these auctions and get such crazy money for. Especially the BJ ones in Arizona and Fla.

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 05-20-2009 at 07:33 PM.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Ed Fernandez
Veteran Member

Liked 100 Times in 45 Posts
Cool Re: '66 Dodge D-Dart at Mecum auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
They should have sold it for that kind of money. It looks "BOGUS" (non stock parts) just from the under the hood pictures. Its amazing what some people are trying to pass off at these auctions andget such crazy money for. Especially the BJ ones in Arizona and Fla.
Bogus in what respect?I see an updated M/C,good safety move.Looks like a CSR water pump,maybe a little bogus.
It is supposedly Galen Govier certified.If so then Govier is an asshole (I don't think so) or the guy is a lying SOB.Or maybe it's just Terry blowing smoke out of his *** again.
I,ve been known to have my moments of negativity but terry you bring it to new heights.
Flame away.

Ed F.
Former NHRA #1945
Former IHRA #1945
T/SA
Ed Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: '66 Dodge D-Dart at Mecum auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed fernandez View Post
bogus in what respect?i see an updated m/c,good safety move.looks like a csr water pump,maybe a little bogus.
It is supposedly galen govier certified.if so then govier is an asshole (i don't think so) or the guy is a lying sob.or maybe it's just terry blowing smoke out of his *** again.
I,ve been known to have my moments of negativity but terry you bring it to new heights.
Flame away.

Ed f.

yes ed galen govier is a flaming a$$hole!!!!!! The worst thing to happen to the mopar universe.
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Talking Re: '66 Dodge D-Dart at Mecum auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Fernandez View Post
Bogus in what respect?I see an updated M/C,good safety move.Looks like a CSR water pump,maybe a little bogus.
It is supposedly Galen Govier certified.If so then Govier is an asshole (I don't think so) or the guy is a lying SOB.Or maybe it's just Terry blowing smoke out of his *** again.
Flame away.

Ed F.
Without going back to look at the engine picture again I remember seeing a dual master cylinder, proportioning valve,neither of which were on 66 Darts, wrong intake manifold (they sure dont look like that one), wrong air cleaner, etc. I know these cars very well....I drove one at Aqusco in 1966 before I was drafted in the Army that belonged to a friend but alas we were outrun by the Bob Banning Bounty Hunter "D" Dart each and every time....lol. And yes I know Tom Sneden who drove the Bounty Hunter very well. Im more familiar with the D Darts and early mopars than you may think and my friend also owned a 1965 Formula S 235 HP Barracuda with an automatic that he drove. And you my friend have shown that you are again....an *** !

Last edited by X-TECH MAN; 05-20-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Before anyone asks my friend (car owner) was a David Wallace (we went to high school together). He was shot and killed during the time I was in the Army while he was on duty as a U.S. Park Police officer near Wash. D.C.. I dont remember what his family did with either car as I didnt get back until late 1967 and didnt get out of the Army and back home until 1969. By then I was into Z-28's and Corvettes.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
njk53

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The air cleaner doesn't look correct. The way the fuel line is routed on the inner fender panel doesn't look right. Also, it looks like it has the small rear axle assembly by the looks of the small bolt pattern on the wheels. I had a 64 1/2 Barracuda, and 2 65 Formula S cars at one time or another and as I recall, you couldn't get a ring and pinion over a 3:23 in it because the case was so small 7 1/4 I think. Does anyone know the gear ratio the D cars came with?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Real Racer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njk53 View Post
The air cleaner doesn't look correct. The way the fuel line is routed on the inner fender panel doesn't look right. Also, it looks like it has the small rear axle assembly by the looks of the small bolt pattern on the wheels. I had a 64 1/2 Barracuda, and 2 65 Formula S cars at one time or another and as I recall, you couldn't get a ring and pinion over a 3:23 in it because the case was so small 7 1/4 I think. Does anyone know the gear ratio the D cars came with?
Chrysler offered a 3.91 for the 7.25 rear axle.
I had several 65 and 66 273 Formula S Barracuda's and installed them in every one several times.
Untill I got tired of breaking them and finally put a 8.75 from a wrecked 67 383 Dart.
Also all A bodies from 64 thru 69 had 4 inch bolt circle hubs.
Real Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njk53 View Post

The D's came with an 8 3/4 and 4.86 gears.

Jim
treessavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #10
treessavoy
VIP Member

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Someone else might know the answer to this one but I thought these cars came with radio/heater deletes yet this one obviously has a heater blower motor. The master cyl is wrong, same with proportioning valve which also points to disc's on the front. Original intake was 273/235 unit bored out to fit same size as max wedge carb butterflys.

Jim
treessavoy is offline   Reply With Quote