Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #31
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Question Re: What can be done?

[QUOTE=X-TECH MAN;574919]
Same deal for Top Fuel and Funny cars going too fast and running on a 1000 Ft. track. The NHRA could demand them to use smaller blowers with less boost, less percentage of nitro, use just one fuel pump like they use to do. Less cubic inches for Pro Stock and the fuel cars then go back to a real 1/4 mile ![QUOTE]

I like your ideas, but if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the primary reason that NHRA went to 1000ft for the nitro cars because of the tragic accident at E-Town? If so, then since that track is no longer part of the drag racing world, I would hope your last comment of "the fuel cars then go back to a real 1/4 mile" might help the cause, and it would also mean that the whole track would be prepped the same as the 1st 1000ft!? GH
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)

Last edited by GarysZ24; 11-28-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I didn't read right X-TECH MAN's comment about fuel cars and the 1/4 mile. My mistake.
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #32
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: What can be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY View Post
There is NO saving NHRA... How do you expect any of the Directors to know anything about Drag Racing, they never raced,never towed a race car, probably never opened the hood of an automobile much less a race car... They have absolutely NO clue about this sport, you can see that with every decision they make. The majority of youngsters today could care less about automobiles, they don’t peg the cool meter anymore.The NHRA will attract a few young racers that come from the Jr. Dragster ranks but that is about it. When Schumacher and Force abandon NHRA, it’s done.....

This is so good that there is almost nothing to add. The "sport" has become a business, "run" by uninterested incompetents. And today's kids are Vegans who drive Audis and watch soccer. It's a brave new world.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote