HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing

Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
SSTRACER323

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to SSTRACER323
Default Re: An argument you can not win!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Hall View Post
I agree with Ryan. Plus, like Ed said, " you back out and your red lit". Happens all the time. He is lucky they didnt fine him.

whos says they did not fine him...... i am really interested to see what happens. they fine the big boys for doing that!!!!
I have never seen some jump out on the starting line in the sportsman ranks.
Well i guess there is a first time for everything....

If you got to drag race central and read the race recap... there is a photo of Justin's car about 20ft in front of the line.... then the photo i posted he is almost back to the burn out box.......

Did anyone see the whole thing? give us the info.... what happened...

Last edited by SSTRACER323; 07-13-2010 at 05:56 PM.
SSTRACER323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
luckydog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wonder if the chic in front of the car satisfied her itch???????
Old 07-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #13
Jeff Beckman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Beckman
Talking Re: An argument you can not win!!!!

The chick in front of the car is Justin's Mom. Justin's parents are nice folks. It is unfortunate but, the rules are the rules and generaly for good reason.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #14
T Hall

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looks like the ESPN camera guy was going to try and give us something interesting to watch for a change. That would far better TV than the usual pedal fest from the silly cars as WJ calls them. I would have really loved to have watched STEWARTS DRAMA in this situation. He probably was throwing his arms around and doing his starting line dramam dance. UGH!!
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #15
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts

The kid has spunk, and spunk is good! But if I was dad, he'd be parked till he got it dialed in a little bit better. I know I don't want to be beside a hot head down at the stripe. The only time you get out from the lanes to the return road is if you crash, have a fire, or an extended down time. Even if you brake down, you don't get out because others behind you are ready to go. They push you back and clear, then you get out. It's easy "treat others as you would like to be treated" I think the young man is a good driver, just a little attitude adjustment and he'll be A-OK IMO

Wade Mahaffey

Last edited by Wade Mahaffey; 07-13-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 PM   #16
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

They use AutoStart !......Why are they pointing fingers at the Starter.......Even if you don't like the guy.....the computer is running the tree and has a preset time squence unless it was turned off.....If the light went out after the start signal was triggered your out.......
Old 07-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #17
darkside

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't the slightest clue as to what went on...and yes I know autostart should have been in effect. I also know Justin a little bit and can assure you that something very strange went on or he would not have been out of the car!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #18
DIAPERMAN

Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Talking Re: An argument you can not win!!!!

Rick Bailey had a few words for Rick at Chicago one year come on Rick tell us
DIAPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #19
pro7474

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

What a mess, everything started normal Reg Wilson lit his prestage bulb and then Justin lit his then Reg went in full stage on his side and Justin started creeping forward at this time Rick Stewart ran in front of Reg's car waving his hands and Justin saw it and thought that there was either something wrong with the track or with Reg's car. What Reg and Justin could not see was a ESPN cameraman in front of the right front fender of Reg's car with 3 bulbs lit and autostart on. Justin then saw Rick run back to between the cars so he tried to get staged as fast as he could but as soon as he moved forward the bulbs started flickering and the tree activated. Justin saw a flash of the tree so he instantly matted it and let go the button but saw a red lite and shut it off. Reg never even left the starting line even after getting a clean tree because he saw the same thing Justin did and thought Rick wanted him to stop. At about this time Rick went over to Reg and told him that he had won because Justin's car had backed out of the beam and had Reg go down the track. This is when Justin got out of his car to argue with Rick. Reg told Justin that he though that they were going to restage them and have the final that is why he never left. Was it the right thing to do? we are talking about a National event final who knows if he will ever get back to another one and on top of that there is a $8000 difference between win and r/u

Food for thought
what would have happened if Justin was lucky enough to get his car into a full stage and Reg never left the starting line? would that be fair to Reg?

But we the whole Lamb Family would like to tell Reg Wilson you drove a great race all weekend and you are now a National Event Champion. Great Job and enjoy it.

Chris Lamb
702-379-8286

Last edited by pro7474; 07-14-2010 at 01:47 AM.
pro7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #20
lazrcng

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you for the clear view Chris.

Based on Chris' information Justin has a right to argue, Rick Stuart was in the right to protect the camera man and Reg's race.

IMO camera guy was the cause (wrong place wrong time - safety issue and potential distraction to Reg). Rick should ALWAYS void the process first (let the two racers know to stop, then wave the camera guy out of the way) if he sees anything that is going to potentially disrupt the race then restart the contest.

In hindsight Justin should have sit there with Reg (not taking the tree) and both demanded a clean race.

2cents!

Last edited by lazrcng; 07-14-2010 at 05:40 AM.
lazrcng is offline   Reply With Quote