HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > Stock and Super Stock

Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 AM   #1
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Glad I sold my stocker---(not really)

http://dragracingonline.com/agent132...0-ix_6-23.html

tgriffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #2
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

check this out,,If I understand it correctly....look at who owns stock in the new Nhra (HD)

http://google.brand.edgar-online.com...e.aspx?cik=HDP

these guys/gals are pulling a fast one!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Adger Smith
VIP Member

Liked 676 Times in 260 Posts

Yep, some very interesting names on that list... See any you know?

http://google.brand.edgar-online.com...e.aspx?cik=HDP

Looks like some of the pros will be running against their owners & what about sponsors??
Looks like this aquisition team was hand picked by NHRA..Does anyone see any names that represent Lucas?
The more I dig into this it is looking just like another big time money deal.
Like I have said before, & been blasted for saying, we are hearing the same NHRA retoric & we will probalbly follow faithfully. What other choice do we have...I just think it will be interesting to see what plays out in a couple of years.

Adger Smith
Old 06-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #4
CMcAllister

Liked 734 Times in 204 Posts

Those names are on the list as far back as December of 2005. Parks, Compton, Clifford, Pedregon, Sampey, Oreilly. I'm not a business person, but is it as simple as some of these folks coming up with a plan to "buy" NHRA, going out and finding investors and making the deal? How many other "names" are involved, even though their not on the list? Is it possible Force, Schmacher, Prudhomme, Black and Kallita were surprised by this? With Parks, Compton and Cliffords' names on the list, it certainly wasn't a hostile takeover. I'd like to see the thoughts of some of the more business savvy people here.

Cole
CMcAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the deal stinks,,,,its just a loop hole for the board members to get their hands on a company that they now are not allowed to own, because of their "non profit" status, without any of the members they are suppose to serve, having any "say so" in the matter....while in turn, quitely dismantling the current NHRA by first selling all is real estate (real worth) and then finally discountinuing the events we are able to participate in. All the same time, avoiding a large of sum of taxes that a normal Company would be required to pay.

Im not a tax pro here but Im rather sure that any property acquired and then sold, there is a taxed due on the profit of the sale of that property,,,,it doesnt bother me about the sale,,its the gain taxes (Im assuming) that they wont have to pay because of the "non profit" status

IMO,,the New Hd company will be a knock off of the WWF with the exception they will be really fighting,,,or not,,who knows???,,,,,,with the new format of the top eight,,,it looks more like WWF than ever....

mark this down,,IMO,,N&%A will continue to operate in a "very poor manor" till all the cash is gone and then thats it,,this is jsut a smooth way to get out of the sportsman racing business.....who knows,,,If this prediction hold to be true,,,sportsman may enjoy higher payouts for the next few years...But make no mistake,,,IMO,,the writing is on the wall ( or net I should say)

Old 06-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Being more of an optimist I wonder if we shouldnt just wait and see what happens. Maybe with positive input from racers and Sponsors and Track operators things can be better. There hasnt been any announcement regarding real plans yet has there? Besides if it were as bad as you fear then wouldnt you think a "rival" or new organization would come forward that would make it BETTER....
Thanks Dick Butler

Dick Butler 3529
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #7
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts

There is no new revelation in this information that was not disclosed in the original announcement. Compton and crew were slated to move to the newly formed HDP/NHRA Pro company as principles and stockholders. You might be offended to find out that many of the "names" may be stockholders in HDP and have been for some time. Can you say "insider trading"? (SEC, are you listening with deaf ears and watching with blind eyes as you usually do?) Also, if you read the original release statement, this new company OWNS the national events. If your identity as a Stock/Super Stock participant is dependent on what has traditionally been NHRA national events, you will have a crisis. The format will change. This new group has its eyes set on a NASCAR-like NHRA Pro presentation to the American consumer audience to make as much $$ as possible. Nothing wrong with that. But you don't see sportsman participation in a Nextel event. When the vast majority of sales done at national event is souvenirs and personality memorabilia rather than parts sales as it used to be, you understand their strategy. What we hope for that is implied behind the same press releases is that the remaining NHRA will concentrate on developing and promoting the sportsman racing as they stated. Our venue of focus, performance and participation will become different.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dwight,,,if doesnt offend me in the least about who ,,,its how they acquired the assets of Nhra in this new company ,,,,and another thing that does piss me off to no end is ,,what about the tax issue??? It pisses me off to no end that I have to bust My *** to pay taxes that I owe and a group of con artist get to loop hole through it,,,,now personally, I couldnt care if they closed up shop tomorrow.....

Dick,,if you really believe that last statement you made,,,...well never mind,,,,

Old 06-22-2007, 12:57 PM   #9
Dick Butler
VIP Member

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Tgriffith, last statement? Another organization that might make it better? Yes I think if you can imagine all the bad stuff about how much the entry will become and how there wont be a place for Sportsman at National events it sure seems reasonable to iimagine the opposite that it could be even Better the new way.... Lets start a positive discussion instead of spiralling down the attitudes by "guessing "the worst.
Remember the story of the little kid that opened the door to a room and got all excited because it was full of Horse Manure? When asked why he was digging around and screaming in excitement his response was" with all this manure in here there has to be a pony here somewhere/"

Dick Butler 3529
Dick Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #10
tgriffith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well one thing about comparing that story to Nhra,,,,,thats pretty close to what alot are thinking,,,,a room full of crap