HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series

Old 11-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Sam LoVetro Jr - 2013 TNT Super Series Second Place!

Sam LoVetro Jr - 2013 TNT Super Series Second Place!

Year-end awards to be handed out Saturday November 16 at Johnny Rocco's

Solid performances all season long and accumulating 756 points earned Sam LoVetro Jr a second place finish in the 2013 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series.

LoVetro, from Webster New York, was in the battle for the points lead all year, never falling below third place. The story started with a victory at the first race at Empire Dragway (along with a runner-up in Super Pro that same night).

He immediately followed that up with a semi-final finish at Cayuga Dragway and then continued to go rounds at most events including two fourth round efforts at St Thomas Raceway Park in August.

Another semi-final finish late in the season at Empire sealed the deal. Strength at multiple race tracks is what it takes to be a championship contender in the TNT Super Series.

"I would like to thank Joe’s Transmission for making it possible to have this series," said LoVetro. "Also Ted Barnes for his part in organizing and making this series run smoothly. And all the sponsors that support these events - Thank you."

LoVetro mentioned that the competitors in this series create a very tough level of competition. "I'm thankful just to have the ability to have met a great group of people," he added. "A special thanks to Art Jones and Al Bueg for their help and support throughout the racing season, and also thanks to my wife Arline for all of her support."

A 1966 Chevrolet Nova is LoVetro's weapon of choice. "The car performed flawlessly this year thanks to Mike Mastin Race Engines and Carl Ettipio. I am looking forward to another year of great racing in 2014!" LoVetro's 3200 lb car will run the quarter mile in the 9.40 range at over 140 mph powered by a Dart Little M 434 cid small block making almost 800 horsepower.

Next up is the 2013 TNTSS Awards Night where the best of the 2013 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series will be celebrated on Saturday November 16th at Johnny Rocco's in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Visit www.tntsuperseries.com to learn more.