HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > .90 Heads Up Class Associations > TNT Hot Rod Super Series
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #1
Ted Barnes

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Gary Kerl - 2013 TNT Super Series Fourth Place!

COUNTDOWN to a Championship - Gary Kerl - 2013 TNT Super Series Fourth Place

The Kerl family is no stranger to the winner's circle in the world of sportsman drag racing. That was proven once again when Gary Kerl from Williamsville, NY earned a fourth place finish in the 2013 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series.

Kerl went rounds in all but three events in 2013. Multiple round wins, a semi-final finish and an event win at Cayuga on Labour Day weekend earned him 732 points and placed him solidly in the top five.

"I feel I was fortunate to have been able to attend all the events this year and was able to qualify pretty well which helped my standings," said Kerl. In fact, Kerl's season saw him earn two Hoosier Tire Canada Number One Qualifier Awards along with qualifying points in all but two races, making a huge difference at year-end.

"With some event and round wins I am happy to end up in fourth place given the competitiveness of the TNT Super Series participants. It is a great series with great leadership."

Kerl says his Camaro performed very well all year and with the Scott Shafiroff 434, is able to turn 10.20s at over 130 MPH.

"It wasn't until the last several weeks that I had any serious problems," he added. "But with the expert help of my two sons, Greg and Jeff and their mechanical and welding skills respectively, they kept me in the competition. I don't even know if I could be racing at all if it wasn't for them."

Kerl also mentioned the continuous support from his wife Carolyn, brother Dennis and his sponsors Casey's Tavern, The Steer and Lake Effect Restaurants and Greg Kerl Automotive is very much appreciated. "Thanks to Joe Boniferro and all the people that contribute to the TNT Super Series. They put on a great show."

"I have mentioned before how enjoyable the camaraderie is among the competitors in this series. The track experience is not only competitive but enjoyable. I also need to mention the recent issue I had with the broken drive train and electrical system of my pit bike, but with the help of all, that also was quickly resolved."

Next up is the 2013 TNTSS Awards Night where the best of the 2013 Joe's Transmission TNT Super Series will be celebrated on Saturday November 16th at Johnny Rocco's in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Visit http://www.tntsuperseries.com to learn more.