HOME FORUM RULES CONTACT

Go Back   CLASS RACER FORUM > Class Racer Forums > .90 Heads Up Class Racing
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #11
Henry S

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Super Comp getting to be rediculous

All the super classes are getting this way. What I think would be fun and put some back into the drivers hands is to change the index every round. For example let first round be a X.90, then the winners would get the new index for next round on their time slip. Lets say next round is X.83 and this could go on and vary 2 tenths from slow to fast for the entire duration of the event. This not only puts it in the drivers hand but also the tuners hand as well. Too many people have found the .90 number and do not change the stop numbers.
Just my thoughts
Henry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:40 AM   #12
J&S Racing

Liked 288 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry S View Post
All the super classes are getting this way. What I think would be fun and put some back into the drivers hands is to change the index every round. For example let first round be a X.90, then the winners would get the new index for next round on their time slip. Lets say next round is X.83 and this could go on and vary 2 tenths from slow to fast for the entire duration of the event. This not only puts it in the drivers hand but also the tuners hand as well. Too many people have found the .90 number and do not change the stop numbers.
Just my thoughts
Interesting idea....
I can guarantee it's not as easy as finding the .90 number and leaving it. Lol
J&S Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts

This is nothing new and yes has gotten much worse. I have won rounds by .001 and lost by the same amount or less.....going back over 10 years. Lost in rd 1 at a Lucas race by .0006 and had a ..010 RT and ran a 8.903....2004 That one hurt but the opponent was one of the best drivers there is....

The only advantage is MPH and everyone knows it and most have moved up but as everyone moved up nothing changed....except we are going faster and using the brakes can get you in trouble a lot easier...

I am also one who thinks the indexes should have been sped up and now 7.90 is not too fast for S/C. It won't change the tight racing but at least it wouldn't look as bad with less stop time....

If you win today it is as much luck as skill to me.....

The latest-greatest devices sure seem to be making it even tighter...

At a recent MASCA race in June....I think about 7 cars cars went 8.90x during time runs for qualifying......there was maybe 32-34 cars

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 08-19-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:27 PM   #14
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to sc1153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Frustrating? Yes, but the technology advances make this happen. Where do you think we will be in a couple more years? Change the rules absolutely, NO! You want to change the rules, then some people are going to be left out. Of all the super classes, do you know if they ever changed the rules. And if they did, did some racers benefit, and some not? I think the way they do the runs is amazing. I decided a while back that I cannot do what the racers are doing with the big motors and MPH. So I race within my budget and try to put together a package. I get chased 95% of the time, and it is usually me that makes the mistake. Sounds like you lost a close one. The racing is the way it is, and I will try to do my best. I don't try to keep up with the big dogs, I can't. Don't go to changing the rules cause you are frustrated. Give it a few days to think about. Want to have some fun, try taking of your throttle stop and timers and see if you can run the number
This isn't a big MPH question, its just trying to put a driver back into the race. I have been losing close ones all year. Total loss out of 4 races is under .020. I'm not asking to change it because I'm getting bad beats. Im saying it is getting crazy how close the racing is and there is not advantage for a good driver (at least in D1)
sc1153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #15
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry S View Post
Just my thoughts
i like it....
Old 08-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #16
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: Super Comp getting to be rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSG1198 View Post
Personally coming from someone who has supported the .90 Classes for a long time I think what could have been done to eliminate the issue you are talking about has been bypassed and it's too late. I said a few years ago and a few track owners agreed with me is that we should have put a MPH limit on the classes. I understand the reason is still to go 8.90 or 9.90 but, if your the car being chased all the time it gets old and after you lose xxx amount of times you give up and go bracket racing or you build something bigger and badder and then it turns into a "Keeping up with the Joneses" mentality and for one it pushes the younger crowd almost out of .90 racing. Can anyone in D1 name 20 drivers in Super Gas under the age of 40? It's a tough thing and as someone told me before "We took something so simple as from going point A to B and screwed that up and made it uninteresting."

Chris, not sure what the answer is, I'd say index change but, it would only mean people building bigger and bigger motors to be the "Big Dog." I mean T/D hasn't gotten totally out of control in D1 yet but, it's getting crazy in other Divisions, so alot of those cars that can run 6.70's are running Super Comp. Maybe adding a 7.50 / 7.90 class to the mix with no stops allowed and maybe a cubic inch placement on how big you can go. I also think you need to really hammer down on those who have something that helps with the ET's. I know they are checking the grids at some D1 events but, I really haven't heard anything about why. I wish I had the answer and I know talking to Dad at Cecil you were going to enjoy Super Stock for awhile. Hopefully there is an answer out there.
Rob, the reason they were checking the grids, was to make sure they never had and ARC module connected to them (MSD traction control) as is illegal for NHRA racing. But how do you thing the Street Outlaws control them on the street...

And yes I had a BLAST racing in SS this weekend. I will be doing it again. I lost a good race, thought i was holding more than I was, killed my et to make a double over round....oh well.... will try again at Etown.

Last edited by sc1153; 08-19-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:36 PM   #17
sc1153

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

How about full tree, (get rid of pro light) and no delay boxes. Just throttle stops. Lets see how well you hit the bottom with a 6sec car
Old 08-20-2015, 01:52 PM   #18
Rich67stang

Liked 84 Times in 20 Posts

What He said^^^^.

Last edited by Rich67stang; 08-20-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
Rich67stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #19
GaryGoFast

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking Re: Super Comp getting to be rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich67stang View Post
What He said^^^^.

Says the bottom bulb racer. Index racing is the future, just a matter of when.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:08 PM   #20
Maverick

Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

I run S/G not S/C, but I feel, that on average the cars are 20 mph faster than I run. Some are almost 30 mph. I say go to instant green, and only the stage light to stage, no pre stage lite.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote